Monza GP *****Spoilers*****

Posted by chet 
Re: Monza GP *****Spoilers*****
Date: September 14, 2009 02:07PM
Posted by: chet
I think Trulli's words sums up the race quite well, didnt he say something like he was bored, so tried for a little fun lol

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 14, 2009 05:07PM
Posted by: danm
Rubens has so much character, history, personal sadness and oomph to him as a whole that I think he actually deserves it more than anyone with a shot this year.

Deserve is a bad word, and I use it in the sense of having previous sacrifices to get to that point, and getting there it being more sweeter.

I dread to think what hillarious poses and gestures he'd do if he did win. His podium celebrations are bloody hillarious!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: September 14, 2009 06:07PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Him winning would be a dream but any thoughts of mentioning such can be bad luck! I think I'll probably cry if he wins the title, I'm sure he'd be dancing in the podium! This weekend's celebration was for his son, I imagine they play Wii Sports Resort :P.
Date: September 14, 2009 07:06PM
Posted by: EC83
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now that Button is a full 26 points clear of
> Vettel (who's car is not looking to be quick in
> the final 4 races), I can't see any 'games' from
> here on. It should be a clear battle between
> Button and Rubens.

That's certainly plausible, and I hope it turns out to be the case. I'd just hate the thought of the only real shot at a title Rubens has being basically screwed by the team.

danm Wrote:
> Rubens has so much character, history, personal
> sadness and oomph to him as a whole that I think
> he actually deserves it more than anyone with a
> shot this year.

Definitely, agreed there. When you look at the changes F1 has been through since Rubens has been a driver, the drivers he's raced against, and even some of the situations he's been in, his career is an exceptional one in that respect. He is, and has been for some time, the only driver still in F1 who raced against Senna and Prost. I think that sums it up really.

Date: September 14, 2009 07:10PM
Posted by: Nickv
Emotionally I really hope Rubens wins it, for the reasons that have been mentioned. But more rationally, you gotta give it to Jenson. The charge he had in the first half of the season was astonishing.
Date: September 14, 2009 07:20PM
Posted by: EC83
Rubens needs a race with him winning and Jenson not scoring to get fully on terms with him in the title battle TBH. As things stand, Jenson doesn't have to beat Rubens in any of the remaining races, he just needs to shadow him, and that's a pretty nice situation for Jenson to be in.
Rubens is doing all he can to make it happen just now though. He is, as Martin Brundle said, driving as well as he ever has. Watching the race again, one of the main standout points was the quality of Rubens' driving. He was on fire.

Date: September 14, 2009 08:12PM
Despite Rubens beating Jenson in Monza, in terms of points average needed, JB came out better than he went in...

Rubens is a nice, the nicest of guys, and despite sitting in a championship winning car for 5 years I dont believe he was ever given a chance at a title. Right now however he is driving better than he ever has, his confidence is sky-high and he will for the first time have the chance, and a fair one.

I am in the posistion such that if Button doesnt take it, the first person id like would be Barachello, and so for me either one to win would be good, but its me, and how ive longed to see the words, "Jenson Button FIA Formula One World Champion". This season for Jenson is a perfect example of how the early points can mean the difference between winning a championship and losing one. It's impossible to ignore the fact that Button has 6 wins to Vettels 2, Barachello's 2, Webber, Kimis and Lewis's 1 and of course points in all races but 1. Consistancy unmatched by either of them.

Vettel, Webber and Barachello all had the mid-season to catch up and neither of them really did the job. Barachello is now but in the remaing races Button is unikley to repeat his poor form of late. Apart from that RedBull will be looking for the win at Suzuka. Mclaren will be strong in Singapore, and being at night temperatures maybe an issue, then we head to Brazil where the KERS cars will be untouchable IMO. Abu Dhabi is anyones guess. The key player who will determine how many points are available to Rubens and Button is Lewis imo. At all the next remaining races, bar Suzuka I expect him to be the one to beat.

Date: September 14, 2009 08:22PM
I expect Rubens to do better than Jenson at the "bad Brawn" conditions but I don't think Jenson will have any sort of lack of luck that will prevent him from winning this year's title. I can see Rubinho snatching between 4-6 points in Singapore and maybe the same in Abu Dhabi in the best of cases, so that would be 8-12 points which still leaves Button ahead. If anything Button may win by 4-6 points in the end. All with assumptions made by me :p.
Date: September 14, 2009 08:35PM
Posted by: gav
After the way it was earlier in the year, I'd just be happy for it to be taken the final race. That way there's always a bit of tension.

Anything else, and the season will be a bit of an anticlimax... not helped by the unscriptable end to 2008 of course.
Date: September 14, 2009 08:42PM
Posted by: danm
I can see Jenson buckling under the pressure though.

When rubens is on form, damn, he is on form. And this is after his 15th season in F1! Guys, he is at the end of his career and still winning. Incredible.

I do think that Jenson is going to slip up, or have luck rue him at the worst time.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: September 14, 2009 09:03PM
Like I said in the other thread the thought of Rubens racing against Senna and Prost, then Schumacher, Hill, Jacques, Mika, Alonso, Montoya! All the greats of recent times. Also amazing that he's driven alot of different types of F1 cars over the years and been as quick in one as in the other!!

Also the fact the two drivers are perhaps the closest on the grid in terms of performance makes the more interesting.

If you are right Dan we will possibly see a scenario where one driver leads the WDC battle from round 1 right to the last race, only to lose it after race finish. Has that ever happened? 2007???

edit - me thinks your siggy maybe a little out of date :p. 2010, hopefully :p!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 09:06PM by chet.
Date: September 14, 2009 10:02PM
Posted by: Monza972
Yup 2007 with Kimi. I can always remember that! :D
Date: September 14, 2009 10:41PM
Kimi took out more points in less rounds but it was a 3-way thing. This is between 2 guys with the same machinery.
Date: September 14, 2009 10:51PM
Posted by: Monza972
Same machinery and therefore the sharing of data and analysis in team briefings. I think this is going to be harder to handle than the 3Bs are currently stating. I mean they will both want to blast the track so they get what they've both got into the sport for.

Speaking about Interlagos, who thinks they should just swap it with Abu Dhabi.

Race 16 = Yas Marina
Race 17 = Interlagos

Legard put up this comment just yesterday. As much as we dislike his voice, I think that has to be the best thing that's come out of his mouth since Oz.
Date: September 14, 2009 11:04PM
I think Abu Dhabi should be swapped with Suzuka ;-)!

Date: September 14, 2009 11:10PM
I think Abu Dhabi should come before Bahrain :P.
Date: September 15, 2009 12:01AM
Posted by: Team CLR
chet Wrote:
> I think Abu Dhabi should be swapped with Suzuka
> ;-)!

Guimengo Wrote:
> I think Abu Dhabi should come before Bahrain :P.

Both of those are good ideas, but I think BOTH the mid east races should come after the European leg.

Frankly Chet, I'd rather see Bahrain replaced by Suzuka PERMANENTLY, and then either have Fuji as the Pacific GP, or any combo of Fuji, Sepang or this new South Korean track (unless the racing's good in S. Korea, in which case it should keep a continual slot).

Date: September 15, 2009 12:07AM
Posted by: Slash
this good result is just what Jenson needed to be back in form, something happened in summer break, he probably experienced something new with his girlfriend and got his head out of shape, but i can see him winning again in the next couple of gp's and destroying the hope of many...
Date: September 15, 2009 12:58AM
Posted by: matt3454
I'm interested to see how Abu Dhabi performs as the final race of the season. I'm not sure why they put it as the last race as Brazil has proved to be a good venue for the last race for the past two years, it is also at the right time for the European audience.

I would love Suzuka to be the final race, but Interlagos makes more sense to me.

Date: September 15, 2009 02:09AM
Posted by: micky-cannonball
Yeah!, i would like Brazilian GP to be the finale race. Its already been a tradition in f1 calendar after all?. Anyways, Talk about rubens.., i hate that guy, really... from the bottom of my butt. and with those "archer style" when he wins are sick.! its like forcing himself to do it, rather than to release his happy thoughts like a schumacher jump... which clearly shows schumacher is very happy, and naturally do it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy