Schumi Return

Posted by elpasho2005f1 
Re: Schumi Return
Date: July 29, 2009 07:58PM
Posted by: IWE
Amen to that!

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: July 29, 2009 07:58PM
Posted by: tripleM
i am sure that Kubica is still under contract

similarly i am sure that BMW will be there at Valencia

they could buy out the contract, but since Ferrari have most likely given up on 2009 it wouldn't really make a lot of sense

Date: July 29, 2009 08:01PM
Posted by: madotter
Excellent.

Welcome back Schumi :)
Date: July 29, 2009 08:05PM
Posted by: ralv585
excuse my language, but f*ck yeah!!!!

Woo hoo!!!!!

Kimi and Michael in the same car, i fully expect Kimi to be ahead, but Schumi will get closer as the races go by!

As a diehard Kimi fan, i hope Schumi doesn't come and wipe the floor with him :p

Can't wait till Valencia now, it will all be about Schumi!

Yeah, i love F1

Date: July 29, 2009 08:07PM
Posted by: Shinnbob
This news brings a bit more spice into this season. MS won't be straight back into the car fastest i dont expect that at all, but give him a race, or maybe even a few practice sessions at Valencia and could we see Kimi getting shown how to race?? =P

A good move by Ferrari, and with the car seemingly more competitive we may see MS getting a podium in 2009, who predicted that one!

Date: July 29, 2009 08:07PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
OMFG, TOTALLY unexpected, I really didnt think he would. Will be interesting to see what pace he has, Kimi needs to step up so he doesnt look like a n00b if he gets done by schuey! lol

Date: July 29, 2009 08:09PM
Posted by: vesuvius
this is amazing news!: D Kimi and Michael in same team and cars, great news to whole F1! I expect Schumi to be in same level when he left out of F1, He did test last year and wasn't lost any of his speed and this year he has been as a consultant for making F60 so he does know the car.
Date: July 29, 2009 08:10PM
Posted by: EC83
Fincent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CONFIRMED!
>
> [news.bbc.co.uk]
> _one/8172310.stm

Holy crap!
MS v Kimi at long last will be awesome!! :D :D

Date: July 29, 2009 08:14PM
Posted by: Muks_C
oh yeah i forgot about BMW being in F1 for the rest of the season, in the excitement of MS coming back it slipped my mind, thought they were out from today.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 29, 2009 08:17PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
they probably may as well be, they are hardly going to be rushing any new parts on the car - there is quite a high chance they will score no more points.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 29, 2009 08:21PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I fully expect Schumi to qualify in 6th and finish on 4th.

NOSTRADAMUS
Date: July 29, 2009 08:36PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Woah.

Didn't think that'd really happen.

Risky move. It could really confirm MS greatness if he does well. But if he does badly, his opponents will have more ammunition against him. Is this the first car he will drive not designed specifically for him since 1994?

Still though, you gotta respect him for coming back. Be great to see how he measures up against the current generation. And like I say, if he does well, he'll really go up in my evaluation. I think Ferrari are reaching the stage where the car certainly offers him a chance.
Date: July 29, 2009 08:37PM
Posted by: Peat
BEST

NEWS

EVER!

I think Spain will forget about Nando not being there pretty quick!

Date: July 29, 2009 08:53PM
Posted by: danm
i fully expect ferrari to take a monumental upstreak, if anything for schummis technical input.

i always got the impression of kimi being a bit lazy in terms of feedback, i think the schummi factor will either truly break him and his give a $hit attitude, or we will see kimi with the edge he had in the mclaren days.

the only thing is... will schummi share setup data this time round?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: July 29, 2009 09:06PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
lol at all those who said no no never this wil lnever happen

tbh i thought alittle the same

all those who wanted to see kimi and lewis v schumi have their wish although kimi has a massive advantage

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2009 09:07PM by rapid_f1.
Date: July 29, 2009 09:09PM
Posted by: Covfan
It's great news, I'm just glad that Ferrari are out of both championships so we'll be seeing a "want to win" attitude from Schumacher.
Date: July 29, 2009 09:13PM
Posted by: Monza972
WOO WOOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing more to add to that ;)
Date: July 29, 2009 09:14PM
Posted by: EC83
Yep, his goal has to be to try and win a race or two if he can, with no possibility of him being a Championship contender there's less pressure of expectation on him than there would be if he was trying to return for a full season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2009 09:15PM by EC83.
Date: July 29, 2009 09:31PM
Posted by: Fincent
When was the last time we had someone older than 40 in F1? lol, that'll be an interesting one. I can guarantee you he'll be the first guy out of the pitlane when Friday practice arrive. Let's not forget all the other drivers (even Buemi from GP2) already know this track and will be up to speed with the layout.

I've got to admit, I never liked Schumacher when he was racing first time around. I properly started getting into F1 around 98, early 2000s and for me, he was the guy who always made racing boring by constantly winning, so in one way I was happy he retired. Now I've had a break from him and seen his more laid back side from biking and top gear I actually can't wait to see him back in F1 again!

Proper excited for Valencia now, and I never thought I'd be saying that a week ago!

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: July 29, 2009 09:35PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Oldest I can think of is Alain Prost - 42? That's off the top of my head though - could be cods-wallop.

[Website]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy