Schumi Return

Posted by elpasho2005f1 
Re: Schumi Return
Date: July 29, 2009 07:22PM
Posted by: villej
Straight from Schumachers official web pages:

"
"The most important thing first: thanks God, all news concerning Felipe are positive. I wish him all the best again.

I was meeting this afternoon with Stefano Domenicali and Luca di Montezemolo and together we decided that I will prepare myself to take the place of Felipe. Though it is true that the chapter Formula 1 has been closed for me since long and completely, it is also true that for loyalty reasons to the team I cannot ignore that unfortunate situation. But as the competitor I am I also very much look forward to facing this challenge."
"

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: July 29, 2009 07:24PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
Interestingly Felipe and Michael talked at phone ,it is reported, this morning, so prolly to give the news and etc...
Date: July 29, 2009 07:28PM
Posted by: Frantic
I remember when 2006 season finished, that a lot of people were saying MS retired because he knew Raikkonen was in for 2007 and he had fear of being beaten by Kimi... now, almost 3 years later, he comes back and he will be with Kimi...

I dont want to see him doing a Mansell... I want him to do a Lauda or a Prost :P

Date: July 29, 2009 07:32PM
Posted by: Isaint
Win or lose ...points or not, it's just simply great to have the Red Barron back. Just to see that helmet in a 09 ferrari is enough for me.
Love him or hate him .... it's kind of like when Tyson came back, some people really just wanted to see if he could do it all again, whilst others could not wait for his demise. Me personally ... well, I don't think it will be that bad for Shummi. :-)

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: July 29, 2009 07:35PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
looking forward to any press conference he is in, because - as has been mentioned over the last few days - it will be great to hear the 'honestly' and 'to be honest' all over again ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 29, 2009 07:37PM
Posted by: msater
And Webber and Rosberg, when they're competitive.

This will be interesting. I don't know what to think. One side of me is saying he'll be rubbish, it's mistake. But one side of me is saying he's a seven time world champion. Hmm.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: July 29, 2009 07:38PM
Posted by: gav
Nickv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It'll be Mansell all over again. If he gets
> trashed, people will say that he's lost it etc.
> Whether you like it or not, whether it's true or
> not, it will happen. I've never liked him, but my
> heart would ache if he finishes 11th or something
> silly. However, if he makes it to the podium,
> it'll be awesome!

Given this season, 11th is a distinct possibility, though Ferrari have improved a good bit in recent races. :)

It will probably be a bit of a Mansell. He's not going to come in a be as good as he was at the end of his career. But Ferrari will probably need a bit of a lift, and he will provide that more than anyone else could.

He'll know he won't have the ability he did when he left, so you have to give him massive kudos for having the balls to say "@#$%& it... I'm coming back anyway".

Nickv Wrote:
> I hate it when people don't know when they should
> stop. This is the MS we know though, taking risks
> in order to become successfull. I hope for him
> that he can put in a great race, but if he can't,
> the press will piss over him.

I'm a believer of carrying while you enjoy it rather than quitting before you lose your edge.

Clearly MS wasn't 100% sure when he quit in Monza, and his dabbling on motorbikes shows he wants a bit of competition and adrenaline every now and then.
Date: July 29, 2009 07:39PM
Posted by: Muks_C
msater Wrote:
> Hakinnen is a no go. He's 43 (give or take a few
> years) hasn't driven an F1 car since he retired
> (AFAIK), and he was Ferrari's main rival in the
> late 90s.

Mika will be 41 in September, he's less than 6 months older than MS who will be 41 next January.

great to see MS back, the buzz of an F1 weekend will return for me!

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 29, 2009 07:39PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
I don't think he will do bad at all...he's still in good shape and should be able to do just fine.
Date: July 29, 2009 07:41PM
and if Kimi can't come alive at Valencia now, he should retire.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 29, 2009 07:42PM
i would have liked to see Kubica in the Ferrari too, given BMW's news today.

Date: July 29, 2009 07:44PM
Posted by: Sauber89
Even if he's rubbish no one with any sense will care, he's got the championships, all he can do in Spain is enhance an already mega reputation.

I can't believe how good this is, an on form Hamilton, a race winning Vettel racing for the first time against a 7 time world champion, fantastic.

Date: July 29, 2009 07:47PM
Posted by: DaiMOn
Poor Rubens... :)
Date: July 29, 2009 07:48PM
Posted by: Mitsuro Sano
Vettel and Hamilton will finally race against the Master Schumi!
Date: July 29, 2009 07:49PM
Posted by: tripleM
except that most likely the closest distance between them will be on the starting grid

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2009 07:49PM by tripleM.
Date: July 29, 2009 07:50PM
yes, Rubens will no longer be the oldest - and Schumacher could become the 3rd driver to pass 250 starts.

Muks_C Wrote:
> i would have liked to see Kubica in the Ferrari
> too, given BMW's news today.

the only problem with this is, that it could be seen to be threatening or undermining Massa's position in the team, which they wouldn't want to do.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 29, 2009 07:52PM
Posted by: Mitsuro Sano
What a dream also to see 2 world champions driving a race in the same team and 4 WC in the starting grid!
Date: July 29, 2009 07:53PM
@ SchueyFan, true, but Massa might be out for the rest of the season, and probably should take the rest of the season off to be safe anyway, plus it would keep a good driver racing (Kubica). they could explain to Kubica, and reassure Massa, that it's only for this season, next season Massa comes back provided he is fully fit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2009 07:54PM by Muks_C.
Date: July 29, 2009 07:56PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
You are only as good as your last performance. Kubica has been getting his ass kicked by Nick all year and has done nothing but bitch about it. I see no reason why he should be given any seat.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 29, 2009 07:57PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
DaveEllis Wrote:
> Kubica has been getting his ass kicked by Nick

And let's be honest, he's hardly setting the world alight himself.

[Website]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy