Oh @#$%& (new points system and more)

Posted by tripleM 
Re: Oh @#$%& (new points system and more)
Date: March 21, 2009 10:09AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
this is really unprofessional, but it will be good for them all to work out a better system for 2010.

of course, hopefully with the new regulations, there won't be need for a new points system at all

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 21, 2009 03:20PM
Posted by: Nickv
Can people PLEASE stop with pronouncing the F1 dead? This forum is starting to look like a mortuary.
Date: March 21, 2009 04:27PM
Posted by: Frantic
F1 dead ;)

Date: March 21, 2009 06:36PM
Posted by: Monza972
F1 Alive? ;)
Date: March 21, 2009 09:38PM
Posted by: MattLeonowicz
the whisky talkin'
Date: March 21, 2009 10:22PM
Posted by: Maynia
Quoth the Bernie:

"That’s the problem with democracy. These teams couldn’t agree with themselves let alone each other. The simple fact is that because the sporting regs are out the FIA cannot do anything for now, but we will do next year. There is nothing the teams can do about it then. For now it’s just a shame that fans, the sporting public, may not see the kind of racing they would have done under the system I put forward."

Dunno what the heck he's been smoking but very little of that resembles the truth and/or common sense in any way. o.O
Date: March 21, 2009 10:55PM
Posted by: The Lopper
For now it’s just a shame that fans, the sporting public, may not see the kind of racing they would have done under the system I put forward."

He's actually going senile. That's a ridiculous thing to come out with, not just hugely pompous, but epically out touch with popular opinion. It's amazing to think there's a situation now where one of the planet's most popular sports is at the mercy of a 78 year-old geriatric.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2009 10:56PM by The Lopper.
Date: March 22, 2009 12:15AM
his theories are failed theories, like 6 wheeled cars, or Geometry ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2009 12:40AM by Frantic.
Date: March 23, 2009 09:32PM
Posted by: The Lopper
taken from [f1.gpupdate.net]

...Ecclestone has since told BBC Radio 5 Live, however, that the new 'winner takes all' rule will be applied from the 2010 championship onwards: "It will be supported by the FIA and it will be in the regulations. So when people enter the championship, that's what the regulation will be. It's logic - in athletics you look at the 100 metres, you're not looking at the guy that's second, you're looking at the winner. In most sports people are looking at winners."

That's an idiot's assessment of the championship right there. I can't believe he's made that comparison. Someone get rid of this man.
Date: March 23, 2009 10:47PM
I wish to be FIA to do this with Bernie:

Now whos the smashed penguin?? ;)

Date: March 23, 2009 10:50PM
Seriously, look at another motorsports... DTM has a normal points system and see it is fun, same Moto GP, etc... so, why change it?

Anyway, if they apply that in 2010 and half of the teams (including Ferrari) dont want to run with that... Can they apply the system?

Date: March 23, 2009 11:38PM
Posted by: Lex
I hope not. Don't new rules have to be given thumbs up by FOTA?

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: March 24, 2009 12:11AM
Posted by: Maynia
Lex Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope not. Don't new rules have to be given
> thumbs up by FOTA?

In the case ol' Bernard is describing, no. It would probably be a good idea to do so in the interest of avoiding another FISA/FOCA-style war that could tear the sport apart but I doubt that's anywhere in Bernie's mind right now. As long as the FIA introduce this into the 2010 rules before the appropriate deadline, which IIRC is somewhere in October or November this year, it simply becomes a fact of the championship and the options of the teams dwindle to 'enter for 2010' or 'don't'. Of course, they're contractually obligated to enter until 2012 if I remember right, so yeah. >.>

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2009 12:12AM by Maynia.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy