The Final F1 Pre-Season Test :O

Posted by danm 
Re: The Final F1 Pre-Season Test :O
Date: March 17, 2009 07:47PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Hehe, it's just that the Bridgestone code here translates into what the MSN emoticon would be :P.
Date: March 18, 2009 12:52PM
Posted by: chet
[f1.gpupdate.net]

Good news for me and any other Honda/Brawn fans!!

One thing I am very very worried about in Aus and beyond is teams who ran KERS in testing decide they wont for the season, and so have the chance to optimize their weight distribution.

It's quite a relief to know the already quick Toyota in Trulli's car has not run it!!

edit - No really savvy with the rules but these changes, are htey to the diffuser and mean Brawns, Toyotas and Williamses are illegal now? If so that just pushes it way over the line for the FIA

[argent.fia.com]

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2009 01:04PM by chet.
Date: March 18, 2009 03:50PM
Posted by: gav
Heikki's done an 18.2 today, which is a good bit faster than they have been. No idea if it was a qualifying lap though - haven't had time to track testing.

For the record, Kazuki hasn't done an 18.2... not by a long way.
Date: March 18, 2009 05:44PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Heikki's done an 18.2 today, which is a good bit
> faster than they have been. No idea if it was a
> qualifying lap though - haven't had time to track
> testing.
>
> For the record, Kazuki hasn't done an 18.2... not
> by a long way.

Yup, apparently kovys lap was on a 3lap stint

Date: March 18, 2009 05:45PM
Posted by: marcl
If thats the case then they are on the pace, but today is not meant to be as windy so could the others have gone faster today thats the question.
Date: March 18, 2009 06:01PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Teams are maybe a lot closer thant we think. Some teams are doing everything they can to hide their true speed and to push pressures to other teams.We have to wait until melbourne to see who really is fast.
Date: March 18, 2009 06:13PM
Yes I agree with you there. I do think though the whole feild is covered by less than 2 seconds.
Date: March 18, 2009 06:55PM
Posted by: gav
The only thing not in question is that McLaren are still in limbo and haven't figured out their aero package yet, as clearly indicated by the visi-oil yesterday.

They maybe fast, but they clearly don't fully understand what they've got underneath them.

I'm half expecting them to take a big risk in Melbourne and just throw experimental parts at the car - especially given the new points system. Some teams will be content with getting constructors points, but I can't see McLaren settling for that. They want Hamilton to defend his title, or they'd have a stronger 2nd driver.
Date: March 18, 2009 07:10PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Rubens said at an interview that he double checked with his engineers if the BGP car was running underweight because he was surprised with the pace and was told the car was complying with the regulations :o. I understand BGP has a nice pace and believe that will carry on to the season but I do believe the other teams aren't as far behind as the overall tests may show, and it should take the teams a few races to figure out parts to copy from other cars into their own so we'll see who will actually have the early advantage.
Date: March 18, 2009 08:21PM
Thats the thing now you can be no where and win the last 5 races and be champ.
Date: March 18, 2009 08:48PM
Posted by: brunoboi
Good to see Kovaleinen getting some sort of speed out of the Macca, maybe the car will suit him better than Lewis but either way it's still a long way off being a race winning carconsidering that is probably the fastest it could possibly go today.

Date: March 18, 2009 09:35PM
Posted by: Xero
McLaren introduced a number of new components to the car today, most notibly the rear wings lower central region and the diffuser. Minor changes visually going by the images below, but obviously bigger changers aerodynamically. The images below are from monday and wednesdays tests.

Date: March 18, 2009 10:21PM
According to McLaren their car is thanks to the new aerodynamic components a second faster than it was last week at barcelona and there is more components yet to come.
Date: March 19, 2009 03:32AM
Posted by: montoya6k
I hope this gorgeous macca run-off those brawn gp's.

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio
Date: March 19, 2009 08:24AM
Posted by: brunoboi
montoya6k Wrote:
> I hope this gorgeous macca run-off those brawn
> gp's.

Why's that? did the Brawn GPs offend you in some way?

Date: March 19, 2009 12:04PM
Nakajima has now broken 2009 cars record made by Button earlier this week.

Nakajima stints

1:18.089
1:18.043

1:17.644
1:18.106

1:17.494
1:18:447
Date: March 19, 2009 01:09PM
It really is going to be interesting at the 1st race, know one really knows who has the fastest car.
Date: March 19, 2009 04:54PM
Todays times :

1. Nakajima-1:17.494-102 vueltas
2. Kovalainen-1:17.946-84 vueltas
Date: March 19, 2009 05:39PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
If Brawn, Toyota or Williams are fastest, I'll be happy :)
Date: March 19, 2009 06:11PM
Posted by: EC83
salvasirignano Wrote:
> If Brawn, Toyota or Williams are fastest, I'll be
> happy :)

Likewise! Whoever's quickest I hope it's someone different. With such a major regulations change it'd be a shame if the status quo wasn't well shaken up at least. Nakajima's time - on paper anyway - looks very impressive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy