Honda might be running on unstable ground....

Posted by Joe_Satriani 
Re: Honda might be running on unstable ground....
Date: December 04, 2008 11:43PM
Posted by: danm
oooh prodrive to buy out honda... that could be interesting.

but with Dave Richards knowing the Honda group pretty well, then also having an interest with mclaren...

now if they get the ferrari engines, with brawn's supposed deal, this could be a very good move.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: December 04, 2008 11:47PM
Posted by: Sapo
Surprising news! If it ends like this, the Honda campaign was really tragic after all. I hope for Button and Brawn there will be a buyer...

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: December 05, 2008 12:03AM
Posted by: chet
A long shot, a very long shot but I bet Button could give a good amount of money to the buyers ( if he wants to stay in F1 that much!!).

The problem comes when supporting the team. Its okay buying the operation but you still ahve to make sure you can afford to race! If no-one wanted STR why will people in a worse-off financial situation want to buy Honda?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 05, 2008 12:11AM
Posted by: danm
honda have the infrastructure, the resources and the more advanced technical facilities than a lesser established outfit like STR with fewer resources i guess.

its like, i duno, buying a raw version of a car like a mini cooper, versus buying the sport edition. more features.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: December 05, 2008 12:15AM
Posted by: Stan
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> oooh prodrive to buy out honda... that could be
> interesting.
>
> but with Dave Richards knowing the Honda group
> pretty well, then also having an interest with
> mclaren...
>
> now if they get the ferrari engines, with brawn's
> supposed deal, this could be a very good move.

not gonna happen

Date: December 05, 2008 12:37AM
Posted by: Excalibur
It would be sad for the F1 championship. I read news about that tonight. The news suddenly happened. Honda cancelled at the last time, the presentation of the 2009 car...Hope they'll find a buyer before march...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: December 05, 2008 12:44AM
Posted by: vesuvius
what will happend to Formula 1 if Honda will quit...according to the concorde agreement there must be 20 cars on the grid.so it will be the end of Formula 1 as well.
Date: December 05, 2008 12:48AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
there's no concorde agreement anymore anyways hehe

btw in the old one if less then the min number of cars happened then FIA had the responsability to choose what team(s) would be obligated to run with 3 cars in the case.

Edit: mispelled "then"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2008 01:23AM by Rodrigo007.
Date: December 05, 2008 12:51AM
Posted by: vesuvius
formula 1 without 20 cars is stupid and there is many other teams in troubles as well...Toro rosso, Williams...Force India was saved barely thanks to a deal with Mercedes and McLaren. This is not good news at all...well maybe 3rd cars are needed but cost must be cut or F1 is dead.
Date: December 05, 2008 01:03AM
Posted by: LS.
Rodrigo007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> now where to go Ross Brawn ;)

He could always go back to where he started, Williams :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: December 05, 2008 01:30AM
Posted by: zapppa
F1 is finished.

WHY? Simply watch bmw 09.Is this a f1 car?

And then HONDA will retire...
Date: December 05, 2008 01:40AM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
F1 future, grim it looks. May the force be with it.
Date: December 05, 2008 01:57AM
Posted by: Sauber89
budget cap desperately needed now $50 million no more.

Date: December 05, 2008 04:17AM
Posted by: The_Ozz_Man
Very Bad News

F1 Needs to change and change now!! my thoughts from a past post

What i would like to see is a 5-6 year Freeze on all development for the Cars lock everything down to keep costs down, till the world remembers how to make money again

Open the Sport to Customer cars, and remove the stupid payment (48mil or something) new teams have to pay this would let new teams enter the sport and help it grow.

Have 20-25 races a year but at less cost per race for the host countries (and hence the fans) think we could add Russia, India at least another race in the Middle East and Asia with out loosing the great tracks we have in Europe. In doing this cut all testing to zero instead have a 5 day GP weekend and have the Wednesday and some Thursday Sessions as Test's this would reduce the cost of testing and give something for the fans to watch.

The One Engine for all teams is not workable what they should do i give the teams a spec that they have to build to so they are all the same but Different (if you get my drift) also if Ilmor or somebody can Build an engine to meat the spec let them sell it to the smaller non-factory backed teams (like the Ford Cosworth in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's) thus reducing both the financial and personal strain on the Factory outfits.

Finally the FIA have to keep their noses out of the racing, the format we have now (quli and points etc) is fine, one of the problems that we face is that they keep changing the sporting aspect of the rules.

The Thunder from Downunder

Date: December 05, 2008 04:42AM
Posted by: sasjag
you wanna make an omelette, you gotta break some eggs. soon enough we'll be back to few manufacturers (except as engine suppliers) and 'customer' teams. SportsCars are booming by using this formula.

one also has to wonder about the cost of having a lot more long haul trips , and how this is affecting the teams.

Speaks volumes that the 3 teams with the longest stay in f1 are Williams and McLaren, who started life as people who wanted to go racing, so did, and Ferrari, who sell road cars to go racing, not the other way around.

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: December 05, 2008 06:20AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Hard to beleive Honda kicking the bucket. Unfortunately, I think this is the pebble that will start the avalanche. If only a couple of more teams go this route then F1 is finished as we know it.

And what would become of Bernie now that his old lady has left him and F1 is teetering on the brink of extinction? ;)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: December 05, 2008 07:13AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
dear me this doesn't look good for F1 now!

hopefully someone takes over, but it would be an extremely brave move to do that!

i bet aguri suzuki is quietly smiling though ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 05, 2008 07:29AM
Posted by: Peat
gutting.

Date: December 05, 2008 07:33AM
Posted by: SexySam182
This is not good. I dont think Honda will be the last either...

Date: December 05, 2008 07:34AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
williams should replace Nakajima with Button. Just give him a low salary with lots of results bonuses, and he will end up helping the team if he can move them forward.

Nakajima isn't going to help the team move forward, whereas Button teamed with Rosberg would be quite a good pairing

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy