Honda might be running on unstable ground....

Posted by Joe_Satriani 
Re: Honda might be running on unstable ground....
Date: December 05, 2008 01:48PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
LS, could you please remove the double spacing that is in a lot of your posts :)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 05, 2008 02:02PM
Posted by: danm
piquet must be pooing his pants right now... im sure if he doens't up his game in the first few races, what was flavios relationship with jenson like?

alonso and button at renault... now thats a force! even if he took a year just testing or filling in. unlikely though for testing, but if piquets not strong, they won't risk ANOTHER rookie, button is a proven quantity.

theres also an idea of him stepping in for mark webber at red bull IF he isn't ready, though they have plenty of other drivers, and march is AGES away.

force india? hmmm enough drivers yet again.

a year out? bye bye to his career in f1...

if heidfeld were retire from bmw at the end of the season, jenson at bmw? doubt it, no way would they replace a german driver.

BUT it is interesting to think alonso potentially going to ferrari in 2010, openng renault up.

edit: didn't realise, Prodrive has sold a 40% stake to a Kuwaiti business last month.... I think prodrive are gonna go for it! :D I hope so, Dave Richards is good for the sport.

[www.easier.com]

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2008 02:07PM by danm.
Date: December 05, 2008 02:09PM
Posted by: LS.
Flav and Button didnt get on if i remember correctly, flav said he was a play boy and only interested in the money( think jenson had just bought a yacht) Alonso replaced Button at Renault.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: December 05, 2008 02:26PM
Posted by: Nickv
flav said he was a play boy and only interested in the money

Look who's talking! ;)
Date: December 05, 2008 03:12PM
Posted by: sasjag
and nothing of value was lost

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: December 05, 2008 04:16PM
Posted by: Monza972
holy @#$%&!

i was just discussing with a couple of my friends (at the start of an exam btw ;)) that they might not go as they might get more of Hondas head and now :o!

Now where will Jenson fit in?

Also, remember there is a still a race seat at STR. That could well play in Jenson's hands as he will be powered by Ferrari. I guess Rubens is gone :(. Ciao Old Guy! :(
Date: December 05, 2008 04:35PM
I think that Rubens might have the edge over Jensen on that race seat at STR. Rubens was already talking with them, while Jenson would have to start. And Rubens v Jenson at Honda last year was in Rubens favour by far.

I don't see either of them end up at STR or FI though. If Honda doesn't get bought, it's game over for both of them. Rubens is too old and the teams aren't exactly lining up for Jenson either.
Date: December 05, 2008 04:36PM
Posted by: McIntyre
No I do not think STR will be interested. He will end up driving something with a roof. Besides after Lewis emerged he isnt in the media spotlight anymore therefore isnt attractive to sponsors as he was before Lewis.
Date: December 05, 2008 04:42PM
Posted by: Bruninho
Jense is still better than most of the grid. Fisichella, Webber, for example, arent better than him.

Date: December 05, 2008 04:50PM
So? Teams still aren't lining up for him. I can't think of a team where he could join.

McLaren - have two good drivers
Ferrari - have two good drivers
BMW - Very possibly if Heidfeld gets kicked out. But then they have some younger drivers to fill the gap with
RBR/STR - have plenty of drivers themselves
FI - unlikely, but possible
Renault - Bad relationship with Flav, so no
Toyoya - Possible, but would they want a driver from the enemy? They also have a reasonable good pair themselves
Williams - Frank probably just doesn't even want to have Jenson back

So that leaves you with two little possibilities, FI and Toyota, and those are quite unlikely.

It's game over for Jenson if Honda doesn't get bought.
Date: December 05, 2008 05:01PM
Webber is injured, he can get his seat.

And Frank Williams always said that he wanted to have Jenson back no matter what happened before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2008 05:02PM by Bruninho.
Date: December 05, 2008 05:02PM
Webber will be recovered by the time the season starts. So no, Jenson cannot get that seat.
Date: December 05, 2008 05:03PM
Nickv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Webber will be recovered by the time the season
> starts. So no, Jenson cannot get that seat.

In fact he can. Webber will only be 100% fit right in time for Melbourne Free Practice without having tested the car.

Jenson is fully fit and can test right now. That's the advantage.

Date: December 05, 2008 05:05PM
Webbers advantage, however, is his contract. Webber's a good enough to get used to the car quickly.
Date: December 05, 2008 05:05PM
Posted by: Craigo
I still think Button is good enough for a decent drive, last 2 years Honda have been so bad its beyond any sort of comparison to other drivers on the grid. Look pre 07.

Defo deserves a seat in F1, Kovy in a Macca was pretty poor IMO last year, soooo far off Lewis.

Wouldnt happen but if he can drive for macca based on that im sure Button deserves achance somewhere
Date: December 05, 2008 05:25PM
Posted by: superchargednut
FIA are hypocritical bastards. They constantly drivel about the need for cost cutting but then they introduce huge regulation changes which requires the teams to spend millions on research and design because, believe it or not, they want to win.

Date: December 05, 2008 05:40PM
Posted by: chet
Button has not made no comments yet about the situation.

I do wonder how he will approach this.

Will he be looking for another drive or will be bank his hopes on Honda finding a buyer?

Im just wondering if they're going to be at the Jerez test? Apparently they are still going to be operating for 3 months isnt it?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 05, 2008 05:41PM
Posted by: Stan
the only way for jenson to stay in f1 is if replaces piquet

Date: December 05, 2008 05:41PM
The trucks already left Jerez today, they arent testing there anymore.

Date: December 05, 2008 05:49PM
Posted by: chet
[news.bbc.co.uk]

:(

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy