Japanese Grand Prix Thread !!!***Spoilers***!!!

Posted by matt3454 
Re: Japanese Grand Prix Thread !!!***Spoilers***!!!
Date: October 12, 2008 09:56AM
Posted by: Peat
im actually speechless.

The steward is like a gunman with death-rictus, firing shots everywhere!

Date: October 12, 2008 09:57AM
Posted by: marwood82
Massa's was pretty clear cut, he outbreaked himself, cut the corner then ran into lewis. If lewis had got out of his way he'd have been forced to concede the position or face a drive through anyway.

What on earth hamilton was thinking going into turn 1 i have no idea, there was no need to do that. with massa only ending up with 2 points he's a very lucky boy.

Having said that, there have been plenty of first corner incidents over the years without anyone ending up with a drive though. Though if you were to pin the blame on anyone for what happend it was clearly lewis' fault.
So i guess in the context of the penalties dished out this year, i don't think either massa or hamilton can have many complaints about their drive thoughs.

The Bourdais one i'm a bit bemused by, racing incident surely? i don't quite understand what else he was supposed to do in that situation?

I do think Brundle had a point when he said that we are heading for a scenario where drivers will be afraid to do anything for fear of ending up with a drive through or a stop+go.

One thing i'm a little confused about that maybe someone can clear up. From the TV replay, it looked as though hamilton came out of T1 in 3rd and then challenged alonso? was there an incident between the 2 of them that dropped him back? or was i seeing things and it was Heikki instead?
Date: October 12, 2008 10:04AM
Posted by: Peat
The penalty has budged Massa up a position. How convenient. Well, i suppose it is more about 'entertainment' nowadays.

Date: October 12, 2008 10:07AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Big shame, Massa could have waited one more corner to overtake, Bourdais was still ahead going into T1. Also, had someone from Ferrari told him to not overcook it with Lewis, who was bound to get a penalty, he could have finished ahead of Kimi even. Also, you can see how his driving is affected by the Toyota in front of him. Anyway, the guy who is driving like a champion is down in 7th or so in the standings, neither of the top 2 deserve it.
Date: October 12, 2008 10:11AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
coool yep massa's very lucky, now only 5points difference for him to make up. this is his chance for the wdc!

Date: October 12, 2008 10:13AM
Posted by: gav
marwood82 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One thing i'm a little confused about that maybe
> someone can clear up. From the TV replay, it
> looked as though hamilton came out of T1 in 3rd
> and then challenged alonso? was there an incident
> between the 2 of them that dropped him back? or
> was i seeing things and it was Heikki instead?

No incident with Alonso. Alonso was far ahead of Hamilton, as Hamilton was going much slower when Alonso overtook him. Ironically, the next car was Kovalainen, so it could well have been the 2 of them getting close to each other. I presume Hamilton just ran wide as a result of someone being alongside him, just as Rosberg did later on.
Date: October 12, 2008 10:18AM
Posted by: EC83
The guy who's driven most like a champion this season out of the top 4 has been Kubica, no doubt about it. He's been really consistent and has outperformed the car on a regular basis.
Bourdais' penalty is very convenient, yes. The stewards probably penalised him purely on account of the fact that it was Massa and not him who spun.

Date: October 12, 2008 10:18AM
Posted by: bob1977
What absolute Bulls##t with Bourdais's penalty. He was defending his position and had nowhere else to go and Massa hit him. It's about time something was done about these Ferrari biased Stewards. They are ruining F1.
Date: October 12, 2008 10:20AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
we really need to see onboard of the massa/bourdais incident. maybe he understeered into massa due to cold tyres which forced him to spin..who knows???

Date: October 12, 2008 10:23AM
Posted by: Nickv
Great race! Alonso deserved his win, as did Kubica deserved P2.

Lewis was far too agressive in T1, he'd never have made it. I was hoping he would actually make true that he learned to be calculating, well, I think he needs to learn a lot!

I do think that the penalties aren't well balanced. The start incident (in which nobody got hit) and the LH-Massa incident (where Lewis did got hit) got the same penalty, while I think that the outcome of the second incident was worse, yet the start of it was the same (a stupid move). I think that every incident is seen in the way of 'how did it start?'. Both started with an idiot move, but they didn't have the same consequences, hence why I think that different punishments should have been given. If you ask me, there should be a 5 second stop and go penalty introduced. Give the 5 second to Massa and the Drive through to LH.

And about the Bourdais-Massa incident: Massa cut into Bourdais, clearly. And how convenient that Bourdais got a penalty. I understood both the DTs, but this penalty is ridiculous. The FIA once again manipulates the standings to make it go down to the last race, so that they can earn more money from a bigger audience. It's not about the sport anymore, or about the racing, it's all about the $$$.

Did anyone see how DCs suspension broke?
Date: October 12, 2008 10:28AM
Posted by: EC83
DC was in the middle of the pack with Piquet and Bourdais and they were all bumping into each other. DC was obviously unlucky and took a bad hit. He didn't know himself who it was against.

Date: October 12, 2008 10:30AM
I almost forgot about Piquet! Very good drive from him, he certainly needed a good result. But as one says, one swallow doesn't make a summer...
Date: October 12, 2008 10:36AM
I just had this thought. Could it be that the T1 incident was all set up? Because Kovalainen did exactly the same move.
Date: October 12, 2008 10:50AM
Posted by: gav
DC went into Piquet and Bourdais sideways (obviously a bit late on the anchors himself), then Nakajima ran into his right-rear.
Date: October 12, 2008 11:00AM
Posted by: FRESCO
Great race from Alonso, even better than his Singapore drive IMO. In fact one of the best drives of the year from anyone.

Massa's penalty deserved, Hamilton's penalty deserved and both drove god awful races.

Bourdais penalty ridiculous.

Date: October 12, 2008 11:02AM
Posted by: Ali
The two championship contenders have very low level...
Massa is, as all we know, a fast driver with a great car and great support from Ferrari but he need to be in front to shine. Hamilton, despite he believe himself as a super driver, is very sensitive to pressure and, after all, his pace was not good at all, much slower than Alonso. Not a great drive from him...again.

Sad to see Alonso with a decent car to late in the champiopnship. 4 or 5 races more and who knows...
Date: October 12, 2008 11:59AM
Posted by: BAR#10
watching the rerun on RTL now, missed 70& before.
Have to see Bou Mas again, I did catch it when I turned the TV on in the morning and it seemed a racing incident, but when I saw the under investigation messagge I knew there was 0,001 chance for BOU not to get penalized. Not because of Massa, but cause they will want to appear consistent for the sake of it ,in hindsight.

Le Seb is the unluckiest driver this year IMO,
Everytime he 's going for a great result, s**t hits the fan.(no pun intended)
Melbourne: engine blow (4th)
Spa: last lap lottery (3rd or 5th)
Monza: stalling on the grid (possible podium)
and now this.

Alonso is on fire, Renault back on top.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2008 12:00PM by BAR#10.
Date: October 12, 2008 12:03PM
Posted by: BAR#10
saw it again right now, yep bullcrap penalty!

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Date: October 12, 2008 12:17PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Nickv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I almost forgot about Piquet! Very good drive from
> him, he certainly needed a good result. But as one
> says, one swallow doesn't make a summer...

Probably would've been 3rd ahead of Raikkonen if he didnt stuff it all up and run off the track towards the end. He's still as rubbish as ever and still just as undeserving of his seat in what has become a very good little car, as Alonso has showed.

The Bourdais penalty is another really bad decision by the stewards. There is no excuse for Ferrari and Massa not to win this title as everyone (including Hamilton) as doing their level best to ensure Massa wins it.

Yup, I did mention Hamilton. What the hell was he thinking into turn one? Who cares if Raikkonen gets past? He went for the win there and then and ended up with nothing. He was very lucky Massa chose to drive into him and recieve a penalty otherwise the Ferrari would've been on for the podium and a solid haul of points.

James Allen kept crapping on about how all Lewis would have to do is finish 3rd behind the Ferraris for the next two races to win the championship. It wont happen like that, the performance of the top drivers and teams are too close to sit back and play that game. He needs to finish ahead of Massa in China I think because the Brazilian at his home grand prix will be untouchable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2008 12:21PM by Red_Bull.
Date: October 12, 2008 12:21PM
Posted by: Paul Boy
Yep,the penalties seam way unpredictable at the moment. they do need to sort this out, IMO a lot of these are just racing incidents, and should be kept that way!!

as for massa's overtake in the Pit lane (after crossing the red/white hatching) why didn't that incur a penalty? surly he could have caused a major crash if another car was exiting the pitlane!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy