Spanish Grand Prix April 27th

Posted by mcdo 
Re: Spanish Grand Prix April 27th
Date: April 29, 2008 04:05AM
Posted by: marcl
No one is really making manual starts are they, yes there is no tc etc but teams have different settings for the engines and ferrari have 2 cluches on the steering wheel 1 for the start and 1 normal 1. Most teams are fine tuning the start setting to limit wheel spin.

I really thought it would be like the old days I was so wrong.
Date: April 29, 2008 04:08AM
Posted by: gav
I did say it would be nothing like the old smoky-slidey starts back in pre-season. ;-)
Date: April 29, 2008 06:24AM
Posted by: marcl
Yep.

And tbh its complete crap what teams are doing. There should be no 2nd clutch and all that a lot of drivers have to do is keep the revs down and let the clutch up, its all bloody pre set.
Date: April 29, 2008 07:49AM
Posted by: gav
It's not the teams fault. If they can get a more efficient start within the regulations, then they're going to. They're not going to sacrifice a row or 2 just so the fans get to see 3 tenths of a second of smoke.

If that's what was wanted, then the regulation needs to come from above with the banning of in-car controllable engine maps and so on (not something I'm against).

To be fair, we've not had tyre smoke on starts, save for a few a bit over-zealous on the throttle , for a good decade+ now. It's not really anything to do with traction or launch control.
Date: April 29, 2008 08:41AM
Posted by: mcdo
I always light a ciggie for the start. Smoke guaranteed.
Date: April 29, 2008 12:52PM
Posted by: Slash
hahahahahahahahhaha
Date: May 02, 2008 06:21PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
[www.formula1.com]

Kovy's back to his old self, but will have a neurological examination, as well as the FIA medical exam.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: May 10, 2008 01:23PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Why is this stickied?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2008 01:23PM by DaveEllis.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy