sony eccelstone stalemate

Posted by rajahassan 
sony eccelstone stalemate
Date: May 06, 2008 10:57PM
Posted by: rajahassan
Formula One fans may have to wait for the next official video game, as Sony and F1 Chief Executive Bernie Ecclestone are reportedly locked in stalemate over a new publishing deal.

Sony Computer Entertainment's previous exclusive publishing deal, covering the 2003-2007 period, was for a rumoured $200 million, according to the technology news source TG Daily.

The website said the "gap between what Sony is willing to pay for a (new) license and what Bernie Ecclestone's (company) is demanding is too wide.

"

Industry sources are reporting that rival computer publishers EA, Ubisoft and Codemasters may now be in the running for the new five-year contract.

The last Formula One game published by SCE and Liverpool Studios was based on the start of the 2006 season.

E.A. © CAPSIS International
Source: GMM

looks like we pc users may get an updated formula 1 game pretty soon.i hope ea gets the contract since the graphics and handling of their recent games were excellent.

Raja Hassan Bin Naeem.
Re: sony eccelstone stalemate
Date: May 06, 2008 11:06PM
Posted by: Sapo
I guess we have to wait quite a long time, as they (one of the developers and Bernie) first have to agree about a price, and after that, they have to develop a game, which might take some time... ;-)

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2008 11:06PM by Sapo.
Date: May 07, 2008 12:39AM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
I have to say, I liked Ubisoft's F1 Racing Championship for the N64. I wouldn't be too disappointed if they got the licence. Please, not EA!

[Website]
Date: May 07, 2008 01:12AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
EA make shite F1 games. Absolutely atrocious...
Date: May 07, 2008 01:25AM
Posted by: LS.
The Sony F1 game on the PS3 is pretty cool, graphics are great especially the rain, arcadey handling tho even with all the aids switched off.

I'd like to see a F1 game made by the guys behind GT5P on the PS3 :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2008 01:25AM by LS..
Date: May 07, 2008 03:28AM
Posted by: montoya6k
yeah although GT5 got some f1 goodies,still they're not the best,their are many more people being capable beating polyphony's golden game!,i wish sony can make it to PC aswell

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2008 03:29AM by montoya6k.
Date: May 07, 2008 04:54AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I'd like to have UbiSoft take over, they're the ones with the most sense out of the bunch named.
Date: May 07, 2008 07:26AM
Posted by: autogyro
Sapo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess we have to wait quite a long time, as they
> (one of the developers and Bernie) first have to
> agree about a price, and after that, they have to
> develop a game, which might take some time... ;-)

Yeah. Expect to see it in stores by the end of the year :D
Date: May 07, 2008 09:13AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i dont mind who gets it, but hopefully it is a multi-platform release

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 07, 2008 09:29AM
Posted by: casabonka
Yeah graphics wise, F1 CE is unreal, but game play sucks... im doing career... for the umteenth time! and im winning races in a STR... and nearly won a race in an Aguri.

Plus the computer players suck as they always hit you and you retire so easily from the game and yeah...

We need Grand Prix 4 game play for the ps3.

Its un-believable, two of the worlds biggest sports, F1 and cricket and there is no recent games for the PS3... Sony has a long way to come if it wants to absolutely dominate the games market.
Date: May 07, 2008 09:43AM
Posted by: gav
Sony Ecclestone. Isn't that a collaborative mobile phone company?

I feel nothing for either. Can't stand exclusive deals like they had. No matter who makes it, it'll still be an arcade racer, as that's what sells. GTx is proof enough of that.
Date: May 07, 2008 09:30PM
Posted by: Frantic
And if Ecclestone gives the liscense to more than 1 developer? I remember that Grand Prix 4 was released the same year than EA´s F1 2001 i think, and Sony has the F1 2001 for Play Station, too

Date: May 08, 2008 05:04AM
Bernie will give it to whoever offers the most money, it will be like the NFL in the U.S.A. giving away the exclusive license because EA threw 1 billion dollars at them (the Sega NFL 2k series was and still is much better than Madden) and those wanting to play it will be ripped off in many ways.
Date: May 08, 2008 07:37AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
gav Wrote:
> Sony Ecclestone. Isn't that a collaborative mobile
> phone company?
>
> I feel nothing for either. Can't stand exclusive
> deals like they had. No matter who makes it, it'll
> still be an arcade racer, as that's what sells.
> GTx is proof enough of that.

Arcade games are fine. Forza Motorsport 2 is a bit more of a simulation, but its still arcade, but Project Gotham 4 is great fun. The problem is bad games. Exclusive licenses just mean developers can put in minimum effort and create garbage games.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 08, 2008 08:11AM
Posted by: autogyro
Gui, keep an eye on www.backbreakergame.com. That's how a football game should look and feel.

Codemasters sometimes can bring out a couple of hits. TOCA touring (before the Race Driver series) was pretty damn solid, as was the 1st Colin McRae. What I wouldn't give for SimBin to develop it though!
Date: May 08, 2008 09:55AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
shouldnt this be in the othergames forum? oh wait, there already is one in there.

Date: May 09, 2008 12:25PM
Posted by: kaid
Codemasters has got the license for 2009 and further. The games will be available for pc and consoles

Date: May 09, 2008 02:22PM
Posted by: rajahassan
yes just read it.great news, finally an updated f1 game for pc.

Raja Hassan Bin Naeem.
Date: May 10, 2008 06:06AM
autogyro Wrote:
> Gui, keep an eye on www.backbreakergame.com.
> That's how a football game should look and feel.
>
> Codemasters sometimes can bring out a couple of
> hits. TOCA touring (before the Race Driver series)
> was pretty damn solid, as was the 1st Colin McRae.
> What I wouldn't give for SimBin to develop it
> though!

Oooo nice one! That defense system looks promising but it needs some fluidity to the running motion and jukes, but you're absolutely right, one to watch!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy