Shanghai China F1 GP ***SPOILERS***

Posted by brnco 
Re: Shanghai China F1 GP ***SPOILERS***
Date: October 07, 2007 10:02AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Why wouldn't he smile today, Lewis @#$%& up all by himself, a rookie move it was today. Second place or third and he would have been champion but too cocky also to want it all and not be smart and take the championship home. Very good result for the last gp of the season.
Date: October 07, 2007 10:03AM
Posted by: IWE
That was as much mistake of McLaren than it was mistake of LH.. Why they didnt ask to stop already for exsample 5 laps before? Atleast tires was staying in 1 part still in that point.

Anyway he will win the championshit because of points difference and lack of 'real' competition..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: October 07, 2007 10:05AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
It was the teams mistake to keep him so long on the track thats a fact but he went too fast into the pitlane and missed the turn and that was his own fault that he got into the grind. If he went in slow he could have lost a few places maybe but would have the championship in the bag.
Date: October 07, 2007 10:07AM
Posted by: tripleM
It's nice to see Vettel *so* happy.

Kimi/his car/whatever were better in managing his tyres than Hamilton/his car/whatever. The team and the driver should both share blame.

It's on. Hope Ecclestone can survive should Alonso/Raikkonen win the championship, lol.

Oh, and Kubica - :( :( :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2007 10:08AM by tripleM.
Date: October 07, 2007 10:09AM
Posted by: matt3454
Hamilton will not win the championship now. Alonso has it easy. Its a shame but Hamilton few mistakes that he makes always cost him the race (today, nurburg etc)

Date: October 07, 2007 10:13AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Well, well...golden Lewis screwed up big today. Also, fantastic drive by Kimi. He just seemed to have the whole thing in control at all times, except at the beginning there when he was having a few problems with the intermediates. Was great when he closed up on Hamilton. The conditions were complicated, but he was keeping the car straight, while Lewis decided to be the hero and was screwing up every corner...probably destroyed the tires in the process. That entry in the pitlane was pathetic really.

Now I want Kimi to win the championship...all it takes is a victory from him, Massa in second and Lewis screwing up again :)
Date: October 07, 2007 10:23AM
Posted by: raikkonensdabest
Clever driving by Kimi today.

In the 1st stint beforehamiltons stop he was contolling his pace, tyres, engine ect. but as soon as hamilton pitted, kimi started banging in fastest sector time and thus saved his tyres for the drying track.

Thumbs up to Vettel also, didnt lethis confidence get low, kept his head up and finished in a well deserved 4th
Date: October 07, 2007 10:24AM
Posted by: Marco1
Good race today. I personally don’t think it was better than last year, like James Allen Muttered during their 20 minute + eulogy of LH's race.

Should make for an interesting final race. Lot of dynamics at play going into Brazil.

Vettel great job and that move by fissi on the williams and other renault was the best passing move of the year IMO. Three wide, and the guy on the outside passes both while they go off, brilliant move.

Both Ralf and Wurz seemed to be working extra hard today, trying to leave something behind. They did pretty okay.

Lastly, I dont know what it is, I really HOPE this is not a trend for the future. But did Michael Schumacher leave behind a script or something on how to stage one's self off track? Cause it seems Lewis Hamilton has plagiarized that script to a tee. It seemed far more genuine when Schumacher did it, rather than the 5 minute footage during the race of Hamilton walking around shaking everyone’s hand, geeze come up with your own stuff. Note to all the rookies out there, Don't mimic this behavior, originality wins out at the end.

One final quick thing, did that shot of Keanu reeves seem a bit random? Almost as if he dared the camera man to film him so he could show his buddy the frown lines appearing on his forehead?

Anyway good race, great result, bring on Brazil.
Date: October 07, 2007 10:30AM
Posted by: Nickv
So Hamilton isn't allowed to thank his team or say sorry?
Date: October 07, 2007 10:32AM
I guess hes trying to show hes the opposite of Alonso ;)

Date: October 07, 2007 10:33AM
Posted by: FRESCO
Lastly, I dont know what it is, I really HOPE this is not a trend for the future. But did Michael Schumacher leave behind a script or something on how to stage one's self off track? Cause it seems Lewis Hamilton has plagiarized that script to a tee. It seemed far more genuine when Schumacher did it, rather than the 5 minute footage during the race of Hamilton walking around shaking everyone’s hand, geeze come up with your own stuff. Note to all the rookies out there, Don't mimic this behavior, originality wins out at the end.

If a driver is not allowed to thank his mechanics without being slated then F1 is indeed a sorry place.

Hamilton should have come in sooner. Inexperience finally caught up with him I think, as no one elses tyres were in such a state. He did well to keep it on the road as long as he did, but definately should have come in sooner.

Pleased for Raikkonen, and more pleased for Button and Vettel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2007 10:35AM by FRESCO.
Date: October 07, 2007 10:35AM
Posted by: Peat
Marco1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lastly, I dont know what it is, I really HOPE this
> is not a trend for the future. But did Michael
> Schumacher leave behind a script or something on
> how to stage one's self off track? Cause it seems
> Lewis Hamilton has plagiarized that script to a
> tee. It seemed far more genuine when Schumacher
> did it, rather than the 5 minute footage during
> the race of Hamilton walking around shaking
> everyone’s hand, geeze come up with your own
> stuff. Note to all the rookies out there, Don't
> mimic this behavior, originality wins out at the
> end.

You sir, are a pillock.

Date: October 07, 2007 10:39AM
Posted by: DaveEllis

It should be noted that you are a Schumacher fan, which makes the comment even more laughable than previously.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 07, 2007 10:43AM
Posted by: tripleM
The mechanics sure didn't seem too enthusiastic compared to let's say Haug's bear hug.

Date: October 07, 2007 10:43AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Date: October 07, 2007 10:46AM
gettyimages FOR EVERYTHIGN ELSE, THERE,S ...CREDIT CARD?

orly?

Seems like the spanish fans are mastering their english as good as alonso is mastering his temper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2007 10:47AM by matt3454.
Date: October 07, 2007 10:46AM
Posted by: Peat
yeah, LOLOL!!!111LOLOLOlolololoLLLOLOlollol!!!!11111LOLOLOL

plank

Date: October 07, 2007 10:47AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Seems like the spanish fans are mastering their english as good as alonso is mastering his temper.

Or, going by the reports, Lewis...?

Hilarious.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 07, 2007 10:49AM
I dont know what you mean by that but i thought that hamilton reacted ok. He did keep his helmet on while walking back, but then again i doubt i would want to speak to anyone minutes after throwing the championship away.

Date: October 07, 2007 10:53AM
Posted by: sunil
kimi and alonso both controlled their race very well by saving tyres in initial laps and bag very important points.

At once i thought LEWIS was so great driver than Alonso and KIMI but didn't think about worning tyres like mad fellow. if he kept minimum of 3 seconds lead at first and would have saved his tyres and shoot when ONLY ITS NEEDED. i think he just wants to SHOW OFF that he is something different. and probably he was feared that alonso might catch him.

i thought he would be crowned champ in this race ,ok maybe next race.
There was a proverb in Our language(TELUGU one in many lang's) in india, as my english is not that good to put exact way but i am trying to put like this
"Many huge oceans were crossed like an hero and fell in a small @#$%& gutter in front of the house" today LEWIS thing made me to think like this

Massa proved again he was not that competent driver when conditions are like this(wet and dry). he would have dared to pass alonso and make alonso to try to pass him ,sure alonso would have passed him even massa overtook but some pressure might be still there in order to make mistakes like fuji.

Kimi overtook lewis fair and square unlike MONZA where ferrari were seconds slower ,here both were equal. so it's take back from KIMI that moment away.

i think finally KIMI is getting to ferrari style driving very well now when compared to early season.
in q2 of qualifying, kimi set 1:35.381 ,says like beat that

VETTEL drove really well as well as BUTTON (though his driving skills were wasted a lot by HONDA providing inconsistent engine's)

there were some good overtaking's by different drivers. overall it's a good race for me

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy