Shanghai China F1 GP ***SPOILERS***

Posted by brnco 
Re: Shanghai China F1 GP ***SPOILERS***
Date: October 07, 2007 07:33PM
Posted by: TC
dierome Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hopefully, Brazil brings more drama to Hamilton.
> Does anybody think he is a worthy champion after
> such silly mistake??
> Go Kimi or Alonso

I remember Kimi turning into a wall at Monaco and missing the pit enterance when it was raining (althought it didn't cost him) so he obviously doesn't deserve it either then. That leaves Alonso who has also made alot of silly mistakes this season. Oh no! No one can win now!

EDIT:

HaGGiS Wrote:
> What a strange remark. Of course he would still be
> a worthy champion, Besides, the other potential
> champions have also had 'silly mistakes', see
> Alonso in Spain & Canada, or Kimi at Monaco for
> instance!

Damn, should have read a few more posts before I bothered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2007 07:35PM by TC.
Date: October 07, 2007 07:38PM
Posted by: dierome
I heard that too. It's really sad that Fernando is actually racing against his very own team.
Date: October 07, 2007 07:53PM
Posted by: tripleM
They could have guaranteed a McLaren WDC, but got greedy.

Date: October 07, 2007 08:53PM
Posted by: Frantic
1 quest?

Hamilton retired in the race: the tyre problem: it happened because the team did a bad strategy or its Bridgestone fault?

Date: October 07, 2007 08:54PM
Posted by: chet
Its funny to think the Mclarens have finished all the races uptill the most important few lol.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 07, 2007 10:15PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Razorsedge Wrote:
> WaHahahahaha!!!
> The CHINESE Marshals are my FAVORITE people on
> Earth right now, God Bless 'em and their attempts
> to 'push' Lewis.

AMEN!!!!! I began to cringe when the "wonderboy" put his car in the gravel, because you could see him looking around for someome to help,(and hasn't he been soooo lucky in that regard?) then see him gesturing to the marshals to push him out, and I'm thinking to myself "not again!"

But God bless the Chinese for their lame efforts and general ineptness. I had to chuckle at that fire drill gone bad and also at the "goldenboy" gunning his McLaren in the gravel until he buried it up to its wheel hubs!

Then irony of ironies, we get to see Ron and his lackey squad all at the point of tears over their little man throwing his race away! Hell, had it not been 3am here in the States my entire street would have heard me shouting in glee at that sight! ;) Right about that time I was wondering why the tv director hadn't zoomed in to a shot of Hamilton Sr. - I mean after all they felt we needed to see him at least 10 other times during the race!

And then the sickening PR display of the "golden child" trying to buck up his dispirited team, after first making sure the camera was following his every move. My God, how pathetic that was to watch.

As for the race, a GREAT show. Nice to watch the strategy unfold with it's many different sub plots. Also nice to see Hamilton in sheer terror over the sight of Kimi in his mirrors - I'm telling you, Hamilton is scared shitless of Kimi! It was obvious who the best driver was out there, and it was clearly Raikkonen!

Nice job STR! Vettel showed why Speed lost his seat, and suddenly the STR doesn't look so slow anymore. Good job Luizzi! I wonder if this will get him a look elsewhere?

Red Bull, what was going on with your pit strategy? Both DC and Webber should have finished much higher, and for the life of me I still can't figure out how DC dropped so low after running 5th for so long.

Good show overall. I'm looking forward to Hamilton crapping his pants when the heat really gets turned up on him in Brazil! Fernando or kimi, doesn't matter to me which one wins, as long as they show Hamilton for the punk he is! ;)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2007 11:03PM by Jagdpanzer.
Date: October 07, 2007 10:34PM
Posted by: matt3454
Jagdpanzer Wrote:
> Razorsedge Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > WaHahahahaha!!!
> > The CHINESE Marshals are my FAVORITE people on
> > Earth right now, God Bless 'em and their
> attempts
> > to 'push' Lewis.
>
>
> AMEN!!!!! I began to cringe when the "wonderboy"
> put his car in the gravel, because you could see
> him looking around for someome to help,(and hasn't
> he been soooo lucky in that regard?)

You people are pathetic.

From what i remember he has been helped once, at the nurburgring where it came to no avail in the end as he was already a lap down.

The Chinese marshalls were pathetic though, the one just started rolling the front left tyre around and around ;)

Date: October 07, 2007 11:18PM
Posted by: gav
Jagdpanzer Wrote:
> AMEN!!!!! I began to cringe when the "wonderboy"
> put his car in the gravel, because you could see
> him looking around for someome to help,(and hasn't
> he been soooo lucky in that regard?) then see him
> gesturing to the marshals to push him out, and I'm
> thinking to myself "not again!"

To be fair, I'd have done exactly the same. Can't blame him for trying. :)
Date: October 07, 2007 11:36PM
Posted by: mikef1
Here Jagd, try this out since you like the Hamster so much ;)

[www.xn--escoa-rta.com]
Date: October 07, 2007 11:55PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Oh deary me... how did Hammy throw that one away? How did McLaren let him stay out so long on such worn down tyres?

And what's with the white stripe on his left rear intermediate? Is that the canvas that the rubber is laid on?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: October 08, 2007 12:25AM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah it must be, the white was showing on both rear tyres.

@ Dave, so Hamilton threw his helmet and damaged the motorhome? we heard about Alonso doing this after the qualli session, but i haven't seen it about Hamilton (yet, not looked everywhere).

@ DJSkyline and Dolinseks, I think you are both talking about different things regarding the Ferrari lollipop. the lights display thing is something new which i've never seen or heard of before, but they did introduce a mirror-finish lollipop a while ago so the drivers could see the mechanics refuelling or changing the rear tyres, and so would know when they have moved away from the car or if there are any problems with the pitstop.

as for Lewis, they should have definitely called him in earlier, but obviously they wouldn't expect him to go off the track on his way to any eventual stop so decided to leave him out and see what the weather does. as TripleM said,m they got greedy and tried to be too competitive with Lewis, when all they had to do was make sure he brings the car home.

@ Frantic, it was just the team and driver's fault, they ran those intermediate tyres too long, it wasn't Bridgestone's fault.

I don't think the marshalls were trying to push him out of the gravel, one of them came running alongside the car and immediately signalled to him that his race was over and that he shouldget out. plus Martin or James told us that it's against the rules for a driver to get help from marshalls in the pitlane anyway.

i didn't mind Lewis thanking his mechanics after he retired, but what i didn't like was the buddy-behaviour before the race when he went round and did the knocking-fist thing, like it was something out of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, it looked reeeally gay. shaking their hands would have done the same job and wouldn't have looked so dorky.

this was just what we needed, and a storming drive from Kimi to boot! i really hope Kimi can win it somehow, maybe Massa will accidentally take Lewis out if Kimi is leading? or maybe Alonso will take Lewis out with Ferrari getting a 1-2, because if Alonso can't win it, i'm sure he'd rather Kimi won it over Lewis.

Ralf again proved how useless he is.

Surprised at Wurz retiring from racing, i doubt he'll step down to be a test driver instead, so it looks like he might leave F1 completely as it seems a weird choice after he finally got a race drive after many years testing to give it up after just 1 season.

Shame for Kubica :(

good job from Vettel, more than makes up for Fuji IMO.

@ JagDPanzer, i think i heard one of the commentators saying that DC dropped down because he made an unnecessary or extra pitstop or something, maybe he chose the wrong tyres and had to come in again to change onto something more suitable?

and Rubens hitting Davidson, looks like these last 2 races haven't been good for related teams, with the Red Bull/Toro Rosso incident at Fuji and this one today. ProDrive/McLaren beware for next season...

oh and Brnco, if you think F1 is a directed show, then don't watch it and leave it to those of us who think it's real. watch wrestling instead, that's very real.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2007 12:28AM by Muks_C.
Date: October 08, 2007 12:29AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
mikef1 Wrote:
> Here Jagd, try this out since you like the Hamster
> so much ;)
>
> [www.xn--escoa-rta.com]

63,944m ! Not bad! Got a good chuckle from that one...:)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: October 08, 2007 12:38AM
Posted by: Muks_C

i don't think his speed into the pitlane was the problem, it was that he had some oversteer as he was about to turn left, so then steered to the right driving himself off the tarmac into the gravel. i think too much was made about him being behind the Toyota, during the analysis of the incident on ITV during and after the race.

and lol at the BBC news, when showing a report about the race, they had the clip of Trulli overtaking Lewis, but the voiceover said that "Ferrari's Raikkonen passed him bla bla bla", when it wasn't the clip of Kimi passing him that they used.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 08, 2007 01:08AM
Posted by: sasjag
yeah 'tis teh canvas. on itv-f1 Whitmarsh has stated it was teh teams decision to keep lewis out too long

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: October 08, 2007 01:22AM
Posted by: Slash
mikef1 Wrote:
> Here Jagd, try this out since you like the Hamster
> so much ;)
>
> [www.xn--escoa-rta.com]

ROFL hahahaha

after 3 aatemps, i got 162.430 m
Date: October 08, 2007 01:57AM
Posted by: Frantic
this cars and the track in that moment arenĀ“t for slicks tires...

Date: October 08, 2007 02:58AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
That kicking Hamilton link is gold! 126047 metres, 2nd attempt! ;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: October 08, 2007 04:39AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Muks Hamilton admitted in an interview that he came in too fast and missed to turn in when he needed and the car went off the track into the grind. So if he admit his mistake then its for sure not only the tyres. If he came in at 50-60 km/h he would have not got his car in the grind.
Date: October 08, 2007 04:43AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
@ Dave, so Hamilton threw his helmet and damaged the motorhome? we heard about Alonso doing this after the qualli session, but i haven't seen it about Hamilton (yet, not looked everywhere).

ITV talked about it during qualifying, during the pre-race and during the race, and SpeedTV Talked about it during the race. It was mentioned on the ITV re-run too.

I don't think the marshalls were trying to push him out of the gravel

they gave the rear wing a push and one went to the front wheel to find it just spinning. They couldn't push him because all 4 wheels were sitting spinning. The car was sitting on the floor.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 08, 2007 09:16AM
Posted by: gav
Muks_C Wrote:
> i don't think his speed into the pitlane was the
> problem, it was that he had some oversteer as he
> was about to turn left, so then steered to the
> right driving himself off the tarmac into the
> gravel.

He had oversteer all lap, and the one before that too, and the one be.....

He just went in too fast. He knew the score and got it wrong.

Can't be too hard on him though - rookie season, and it's hard to think of any other errors which have contributed to his own loss, Nurby excluded. I'm finding it extremely hard to like him at the moment, but his season has been sensational. Not for a rookie. Not for a champion. Just sensational.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy