Fry rates this season as Jensons best

Posted by chet 
Fry rates this season as Jensons best
Date: October 10, 2007 05:14PM
Posted by: chet
[planetf1.com]

Have to say, from about the 1/4 he has driven very well.

At the start him and Rubens were as close as can be, but since JB really has had the upper hand, more so than last year imo.

What impressed me though is Jenson attitude on the season, not many drivers would stayed as quiet as Jenson has and most drivers I suspect would have tried to jump ship, I mean, as a driver JB has given Honda and BAR ALOT more than what they have given him.

Anyway, its nice to hear these words from Fry, and also that he thinks people in the paddock have noticed JB too.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Re: Fry rates this season as Jensons best
Date: October 10, 2007 05:26PM
Posted by: gin
he wasn't that quiet about the team in first 5 races imho....

Date: October 10, 2007 05:54PM
Posted by: Senna
its curious to see that when we are in late season, with 4-3 races to the end, jenson ALWAYS performs amazingly well... i wish that he could do that for the whole season..

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: October 10, 2007 06:39PM
Posted by: mikef1
Yes i agree, his second half to the season has been much better than the first and had it not been for some silly mistakes at Nurburgring and Fuji he could have had a lot more points or even podiums by now.
Date: October 10, 2007 06:49PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
in the last races only JB is currently running with a 100% cool car cuz rubens is with damaged chassis that (discovered in SPA but broke since monza cuz that he had bad the great diference between JB and him) what is making alot of diference in his performance but as its only few races till the end they decided to dont waste alot of money in making another car for him(who alrdy got not motivated to continue in this season)that wont change so much honda's year and focus in 2008 development but it seems that in china Rubens requested a new chassis to race in Brazil cuz he wanna make good in his home

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2007 06:51PM by Rodrigo007.
Date: October 10, 2007 07:49PM
Posted by: dkpioe
Rubens is a has-been, or should i say a never-been. I wont be surprised to see Jenson in a Mclaren or Williams next year, and Rubens in IRL, trying to feel good about himself by driving with his mate Tony Kannan.
Date: October 10, 2007 08:33PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Rubens is a very good driver.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: October 10, 2007 09:04PM
Posted by: Muks_C
*backs out before i say something inflammatory and start another 25-page JB thread* :)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 10, 2007 09:12PM
Posted by: danm
i think rubens would be quite suited to IRL or CART actually!

and as for jenosn to williams... FW has a thing still for him.

provided williams improve next year, 2009 he could return with Nico...

that would be the ultimate team for me!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: October 10, 2007 09:12PM
Posted by: chet
Red Sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rubens is a very good driver.

Indeed he is better than what his performances have shown...
He has improved abit this season imo, though last few races when its been needed JB has got more out of the car.

And Muks, what could you possibly say thats to do with this thread that will start another 25page thread.. ?

I posted this mainly because for me, its nice to know that apparently people are still taking notice of Jenson, and that Honda are thankfull for his extremley good performances. Also Martin Brundle said, whilst he was watching practice at China, that the Honda was probably the worst car in the slow stuff.

Just to mention another point ive noticed through the season... whenever the FIA has shown apex speeds through corners I am pretty sure that on at least 80% of the ones shown JB has been near the top, as has Rubens on occasion too. I guess its their driving style because they are pretty similar.

edit - dan, JB driving a Williams is still one of my dreams.. and I wouldnt be supprised to see him go at the end of 2009, depending on Hondas season.

But to partner Nico would be awesome, one seriously amazing lineup, but I think Nico will be off to Mclaren next year, despite his comments about staying at Williams.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2007 09:16PM by chet.
Date: October 10, 2007 09:20PM
don't tempt me to post my opinions :)

for example i could write opposing views to the following statements in your original post, which would cause an argument:

chet Wrote:
> [planetf1.com].
> html
>
> Have to say, from about the 1/4 he has driven very
> well.
>
> At the start him and Rubens were as close as can
> be, but since JB really has had the upper hand,
> more so than last year imo.
>
> What impressed me though is Jenson attitude on the
> season (1), not many drivers would stayed as quiet as
> Jenson has(2) and most drivers I suspect would have
> tried to jump ship(3), I mean, as a driver JB has
> given Honda and BAR ALOT more than what they have
> given him(4).
>
> Anyway, its nice to hear these words from Fry, and
> also that he thinks people in the paddock have
> noticed JB too.

let's just say i don't agree with what you've said in any of them, and leave it there.

Date: October 10, 2007 09:31PM
Posted by: NickR
If you think Button is a rubbish driver then you're mad.

Fairly good season from him but I believe his style of driving will pay dividends next year when T/C is banned.

Honda??????? F1 and MotoGP you got it so wrong!!!
Date: October 10, 2007 09:33PM
Posted by: Frantic
Do you think JB could win a race on 2008 if Honda builds a decent car?

Date: October 10, 2007 09:37PM
NickR Wrote:
> If you think Button is a rubbish driver then
> you're mad.

I haven't contradicted Chet's view that JB is a good driver or that he has driven well this season, so I don't know where you're coming from.

>I believe his style of driving will pay dividends
>next year when T/C is banned.

not if the car is as sh!t as it has been this year, no amount of driver skill will drag it up further than it can go.

Date: October 10, 2007 10:21PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I agree with Muks.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 10, 2007 10:33PM
Didn't Honda draft in some of BMW Saubers aero guys this year, after all wasn't it them that discovered the tunnel was wrongly calibrated?

Date: October 10, 2007 10:53PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
well rubens said in an interview that the problem with honda is that after 200km/h it likes the car gets something like a "parachute" what is making that great diference for honda performance this year
Date: October 11, 2007 01:57AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Button to Williams might not be as far out as I once thought. Rumors are if Alonso goes back to Renault that Nico is first in line for the Mclaren seat.

If thats so Button might fill the bill as a replacement,contract issues aside....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: October 11, 2007 02:29AM
or fisi to williams this yr, button year after perhaps?

Date: October 11, 2007 06:10AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I can't ever see Fisi going anywhere up the grid.

Anyway, Jenson's a good driver but maybe the media hype over him put many people off from a long time ago, as well as his behavior for quite a few years. Rubinho was a very good driver once but he was never too aggressive, and he now has even less of that, and when you drive a Honda you really go nowhere.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy