Shanghai China F1 GP ***SPOILERS***

Posted by brnco 
Re: Shanghai China F1 GP ***SPOILERS***
Date: October 07, 2007 03:02PM
Posted by: Covfan
But it was their fault, maybe he should have looked after his tyres better. But the team should have called him in earlier, I'm still amazed they didn't.
Date: October 07, 2007 03:11PM
Posted by: Sauber89
A few days back I said that F1 is direced show, and was pointing out on Bernie's hidden agenda.

Ok, my arguments were weak and I really couldn't prove it. But now I don't need no argument. Do I? It's so obvious.

you sound like a 9 year old brnco come on man engage the brain.

great race, fantastic action alot of people said lewis had it last week now annother twist, he hasnt chucked it away has he still got a great chance. The people on the mclaren pitwall should ask themselves why they merited paychecks this week. Awful stuff

Date: October 07, 2007 04:57PM
Posted by: vesuvius
will be a interesting battle ahead :D with old pointsystem fight would be even tighter. here are how points would go if there would be that old scoring system:

Hamilton 87 points.
Raikkonen 83 points.
Alonso 81 points.
Massa 66 points.
Date: October 07, 2007 04:59PM
Posted by: Marco1
In response to my remark awhile back (I think page 8) and the many rebuttals to follow regarding Lewis Hamilton walking around shaking his mechanics hands and so forth alla schumacher.

What I meant was not the relationship, attention, respect etc. that lewis hamilton has showed his boys in that 5 minute long, during the grandprix video. I was directing attention at the fact that this kid seems to have taken a chunk out of the Schumacher book of PR. I only ever remember Schumacher doing these things when the camera was on, I don't recall Hakkinen, Alonso, Hill, Senna etc ever doing these things. That is not to say it is wrong to thank your boys (mechanics, team boss, norbert Haug, balls, etc.) But I cringe when I see it so staged as it was performed so nicely while the race was going on. I dont appreciate the staged version of Formula one, basically everything that happened off track. It is at the end of the day important you thank your boys, they sweat for you, and bounce up and down when you win!

Onto another point, does anyone realize (I havent really looked back, apologies) that Lewis Hamilton nearly got pushed out of the gravel trap? There was an army of Chinese marshals trying to push him out at one point. Dug in so deeply like that my impression is that if two men cant get you out, forget about it. I wonder what the sentiment would be had they got him going again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2007 05:05PM by Marco1.
Date: October 07, 2007 05:06PM
Posted by: Sauber89
well i dont think you can judge if it was staged as he's only retired from a grand prix once

Date: October 07, 2007 05:55PM
Posted by: Razorsedge
WaHahahahaha!!!
The CHINESE Marshals are my FAVORITE people on Earth right now, God Bless 'em and their attempts to 'push' Lewis.

Game on!!!

Date: October 07, 2007 06:03PM
Posted by: dierome
Very silly mistake by Hamilton. What was he trying to prove in those first laps??? He totally wrecked the tyres.
Vettel was awesome. He could kick Hamilton's ass if he were in a McLaren.
Hopefully, Brazil brings more drama to Hamilton. Does anybody think he is a worthy champion after such silly mistake??
Go Kimi or Alonso
Date: October 07, 2007 06:06PM
Posted by: Nickv
Well you can hardly say someone isn't a worthy champion if he makes one silly mistake...
Date: October 07, 2007 06:09PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
What a strange remark. Of course he would still be a worthy champion, Besides, the other potential champions have also had 'silly mistakes', see Alonso in Spain & Canada, or Kimi at Monaco for instance!

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: October 07, 2007 06:12PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
The only mistake he made today is coming into the pitlane too fast and wasn't able to turn in so he moved to the grind. The tyres were still good enough to get to the pit box. Watch the onboard video and you'll see he just is driving to fast and can't turn in so he move to the outside, into the grind !

At least he admitted his mistake about the pitlane entrance. What he did in the pitgarage afterwards shows enough, others would already take the plane and go to ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2007 06:14PM by Bigbrother.
Date: October 07, 2007 06:22PM
Posted by: harjinator
surely he'd be stuck in the tow of Trulli tho, so his speed at the end of the straight would be higher. I fell asleep during the GP, so can't comment on much. shame for Kubica tho

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: October 07, 2007 06:24PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
on another topic. anyone else also see ferrari's alternative to lollipop man. (the lights at top of pic) I remember them testing this before. If im right this is their first race using it and it proved sucessful

Date: October 07, 2007 06:26PM
Posted by: dierome
Hopefully Ferrari can do some magic in Brazil. After all McLaren has done this year (The spying, how they have treated Alonso) it would do some justice if Kimi wins it.
I'm not a Ferrari fan at all, but McLaren has dissapointed me a lot this year.
Date: October 07, 2007 06:44PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
People are saying that Interlagos will be better for McLaren, but if we look at Ferrari last year there, I'm thinking it should be a Ferrari track. I'm hoping for another Kimi win, Massa in second and Lewis in 6th. It would be a nice end for this championship. At least justice would be done :)
Date: October 07, 2007 07:03PM
Posted by: dolinseks
DJSKYLINE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> on another topic. anyone else also see ferrari's
> alternative to lollipop man. (the lights at top of
> pic) I remember them testing this before. If im
> right this is their first race using it and it
> proved sucessful
>
> [www.itv-f1.com]

No they started using this after Magny Cours 2004, when MS colided with Mark Webber in FP3. Altho I don`t know if they used this in races, or just in FP.

Date: October 07, 2007 07:10PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
i see. well that was used in this race for sure b/c i saw it live :)

Date: October 07, 2007 07:10PM
Posted by: mikef1
Razorsedge Wrote:
> WaHahahahaha!!!
> The CHINESE Marshals are my FAVORITE people on
> Earth right now, God Bless 'em and their attempts
> to 'push' Lewis.
>
> Game on!!!

Lol, Lewis was hoping he'd get another crane from heaven but it didn't appear this time and rightly so.
Indeed it's game on at Brazil, i love it when the seasons last race is the decider.
Date: October 07, 2007 07:15PM
Joe_Satriani Wrote:
> People are saying that Interlagos will be better
> for McLaren, but if we look at Ferrari last year
> there, I'm thinking it should be a Ferrari track.
> I'm hoping for another Kimi win, Massa in second
> and Lewis in 6th. It would be a nice end for this
> championship. At least justice would be done :)

Not sure about that. The Bridgestones were a much better tyre than the Michelin at that race. It would seem that Ferrari are slightly better than the Mclaren in the faster corners but in the slower stuff the Mclaren's seem to suffer a bit less understeer. It should be pretty close imo.
Date: October 07, 2007 07:22PM
Posted by: FRESCO
What I meant was not the relationship, attention, respect etc. that lewis hamilton has showed his boys in that 5 minute long, during the grandprix video. I was directing attention at the fact that this kid seems to have taken a chunk out of the Schumacher book of PR. I only ever remember Schumacher doing these things when the camera was on, I don't recall Hakkinen, Alonso, Hill, Senna etc ever doing these things. That is not to say it is wrong to thank your boys (mechanics, team boss, norbert Haug, balls, etc.) But I cringe when I see it so staged as it was performed so nicely while the race was going on. I dont appreciate the staged version of Formula one, basically everything that happened off track. It is at the end of the day important you thank your boys, they sweat for you, and bounce up and down when you win!

I've seen him go round his mechanics before each race and shake their hands, the TV feed often picks this up. He has done this several times this season, there was nothing "staged" about it. Hamilton probably didn't even know the camera was on him, after all there was a race going on at the same time.

And Schumacher only ever doing it when the camera was on? I have heard several stories in the past of MS taking his mechanics out to dinner over the race weekend, or even having a game of football with them. To suggest both men would stage this sort of gratitude to their mechanics as part of an elaborate PR rouse is rather far fetched.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2007 07:52PM by FRESCO.
Date: October 07, 2007 07:32PM
Just saw this snippet from James Allen's post race analysis and it sums up Ron's relationship with Fernando and who the team really are supporting:

"Apparently Ron Dennis said after the race something along the lines of ,”We were not racing Raikkonen, we were racing Alonso.”

As Alonso is actually in a McLaren too this is a terrible Freudian slip and shows where loyalties lie."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy