Shanghai China F1 GP ***SPOILERS***

Posted by brnco 
Re: Shanghai China F1 GP ***SPOILERS***
Date: October 07, 2007 10:57AM
Posted by: DaveEllis

I dont know what you mean by that but i thought that hamilton reacted ok. He did keep his helmet on while walking back, but then again i doubt i would want to speak to anyone minutes after throwing the championship away.

Not been listening to the reports of him throwing his helmet about and destroying his motorhome at the news of him having to go up against the stewards for the Fuji accident, and then having his "I'll quit F1 if I get penalised" strop then?

Convenient that, especially since ITV talked about too.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 07, 2007 10:58AM
Posted by: Peat
sunil Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kimi overtook lewis fair and square unlike MONZA
> where ferrari were seconds slower ,here both were
> equal. so it's take back from KIMI that moment
> away.

1. Lewis overtook Kimi fair and square in Monza...

2. Lewis was seconds slower today at that point....

Date: October 07, 2007 11:01AM
2. Lewis was seconds slower today at that point....

To be fair, Lewis was only slower because Kimi drove better. He managed his tyres correctly when it mattered, and Lewis didn't. Not only was he slow, he paid the ultimate price when he binned it in the pitlane, somehow managing to outdo Coulthards 1995 accident in terms of importance! Whilst that may devalue Kimi's pass a bit, it just means he done a better overall jon.

A lot of people are saying Lewis was faster and deserved to win, but when it comes down to it, Lewis was faster because Kimi drove correctly. He knew what he had to do, and he done it. Lewis gave too much and cost himself the race, even if you blame McLaren for not pitting him.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 07, 2007 11:04AM
Posted by: Peat
I think you read too much into that statement Dave, i was merely stating a fact. The fact that 'Sunil' had overlooked through his scarlet tinted lenses that Lewis WAS alot slower than kimi at that point and it was like candy from a baby.

Date: October 07, 2007 11:05AM
Posted by: sunil
@Marco1

i think what LEWIS did was right after retired , it's like gaining COnfidence and showing respect to engineers no matter what situation was? Unlike Alonso who moans everytime if something happened bad to him. example like this

Alonso lashes out at McLaren and Dennis

06/10/2007

The relationship between Fernando Alonso would appear to have taken a further turn for the worse today with the Spaniard criticising the team, claiming that it has been biased in favour of Lewis Hamilton from the outset.

"I expected a lot more, we all expected a lot more," he was quoted as saying by the Spanish media today. "From outside the team, I had a different image, serious and very professional. I came here after winning two world championships and I improved the car all I could.

"Last year they were battling away to make it into Q3," he continued, "and this year they are going to win the title. The truth is the treatment I've received hasn't been very good."

The Spaniard was particularly critical of team boss Ron Dennis. "We all know how the team celebrates the victory of one team member and the other," he said. "And when you hear the declarations of your boss saying that he feels a paternal sentiment for one of your team mates and rivals, then you know that you can never have much trust in what that person will do.

"I've spoken to Coulthard, Montoya, Kimi and all those who have left the team and they have been much happier for it," he added. "There must be a reason for that."

For the first time admitted that he is unlikely to be with the Woking team next season.

"From what they've said and done it doesn't look as though they are very keen and that they've got enough with one of the two drivers that are here and I've no problem with that," he said. "There are another ten or so teams that are interested in me."

Referring to Hamilton, who looks set to win the World Championship crown tomorrow, in his debut season, Alonso said: "He will deserve it if he wins. You have to be realistic and totally sporting. I think you have to know how to win and how to lose. If I don't win this year it's because someone has scored more points than me, and if that's the case it's because he has done a better job."

If there was a problem with team simply come out of them like Montoya did

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: October 07, 2007 11:12AM
@ Peat

looks like u overlooked too much in my statement and WHat DAVEELLIS said was exactly i was thinking.

BTW don't think everyone will have scarlet tinted lenses when ur carrying them.:-)

lewis brought himself into that situation and ofcourse even kimi was struggling a lot with handling when he overtook him according to ONBOARD VIEW , whereas In monza it's not

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2007 11:15AM by sunil.
Date: October 07, 2007 11:17AM
clearly it's worst comment for mclaren in their history

"Last year they were battling away to make it into Q3," he continued, "and this year they are going to win the title
by alonso

Date: October 07, 2007 11:18AM
Posted by: Fincent
Great race! For some reason they always seem better when you wake up for them, lol. Gutted for Hamilton obviously but the championship is looking a lot better now thanks to him going off in the pit entry. It was the perfect result for Raikkonen and as good as Alonso could have had as well. Nice to see Vettel getting 4th and proving his Fuji pace wasn't just a one off and Button finally deserves the good result that he got. It's been a while coming to score some decent points but it's better late than never. Ace move by Fisi and I was a bit surprised that Brundle didn't pick up on it in Commentary. Also I'm left wondering what might have been for Kubica. Leading the race on dry tyres and a tank full of fuel only to have a car failure.

All in all, yet another good race. I thought the championship was over in the last round, but now it's as close as it could have mathematically been between the three drivers :) bring on Brazil. I think Kimi will win from Alonso and then Hamilton will be having an almighty battle with Massa in the other Ferrari for 3rd place and the title.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: October 07, 2007 11:23AM
Posted by: SexySam182
Nice to see that this time, despite Lewis frantically waving his arms, he wasnt bailed out by the crane again a la Nurburgring.

Great race by Raikkonen, Vettel and Button. Well done to Alonso, just did what he had to. And sooo unlucky for Kubica, should have won today.

Date: October 07, 2007 11:25AM
Posted by: brnco
call me suspicious, but I would rather call myself righteous.

A few days back I said that F1 is direced show, and was pointing out on Bernie's hidden agenda.

Ok, my arguments were weak and I really couldn't prove it. But now I don't need no argument. Do I? It's so obvious.

And yes, title fight will go down the wire, and that's good even if the great but somewhat shortish "master of the show" had his sticky little fingers in it.
Date: October 07, 2007 11:33AM
Posted by: requenov
sunil Wrote:
> clearly it's worst comment for mclaren in their
> history
>
> "Last year they were battling away to make it into
> Q3," he continued, "and this year they are going
> to win the title
> by alonso

Clearly the worst act from a team to a driver:

Alonso this morning: "The team has told me that yesterday in qualyfing I was so slow cause there was a mistake, they put to much pressure in the tyres".

THAT'S MCLAREN EQUALITY!!!
Date: October 07, 2007 11:43AM
Posted by: Nickv
I suppose you would've seen it as a mistake if it happened to Hamilton?
Date: October 07, 2007 11:45AM
Posted by: requenov
I suppose you think Ron wants Alonso to win the championship. Then, you are right.
Date: October 07, 2007 12:06PM
Posted by: jbnd05
DaveEllis Wrote:
> > I dont know what you mean by that but i thought
> that hamilton reacted ok. He did keep his helmet
> on while walking back, but then again i doubt i
> would want to speak to anyone minutes after
> throwing the championship away.
>
> Not been listening to the reports of him throwing
> his helmet about and destroying his motorhome at
> the news of him having to go up against the
> stewards for the Fuji accident, and then having
> his "I'll quit F1 if I get penalised" strop then?
>
> Convenient that, especially since ITV talked about
> too.

Hmmmm.
Forgetting to mention Alonso throwing his toys out of the pram then badmouthing to the media.
Just a minor point.
Oh, and that even though Lewis has had to deal with the championship becoming much less certain, he talked to the media in a calm manner before shaking hands with everyone in the pit garage.

Date: October 07, 2007 12:12PM
Posted by: tripleM
"Clearly the worst act from a team to a driver"

Judging by the way McLaren handled Hamilton's tire problems it could be a sign of general inability to make critical decisions.

Date: October 07, 2007 12:46PM
jbnd05 Wrote:
> Hmmmm.
> Forgetting to mention Alonso throwing his toys out
> of the pram then badmouthing to the media.
> Just a minor point.
> Oh, and that even though Lewis has had to deal
> with the championship becoming much less certain,
> he talked to the media in a calm manner before
> shaking hands with everyone in the pit garage.

You should try reading the conversation before hand rather than replying to a single post. I did not defend Fernando at any point, and certainly wouldn't because I dislike his attitude. However the idea that Lewis has been a perfect little angel is one only shared by the British media and Lewis fans. Everything I said is true, and Lewis shaking hands with his mechanics does undo the childish comments and threats he made, and the reports of a violent temper when he was threatened with being punished for a mistake he made.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 07, 2007 12:57PM
Posted by: MarcA
brnco Wrote:
> call me suspicious, but I would rather call myself
> righteous.
>
> A few days back I said that F1 is direced show,
> and was pointing out on Bernie's hidden agenda.
>
> Ok, my arguments were weak and I really couldn't
> prove it. But now I don't need no argument. Do I?
> It's so obvious.
>
> And yes, title fight will go down the wire, and
> that's good even if the great but somewhat
> shortish "master of the show" had his sticky
> little fingers in it.

Bernie Ecclestone owns only the @#$%& commercial rights. Get that into your thick skull.

Date: October 07, 2007 02:30PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
I'm very pleased to see Webber come 4th out of the 4 Red Bull cars. Never rated him. Never will. In fact for all his hand gestures he was then overtaken! HAHA. Tw@T. Funny how the Kid who fecked it all up for him is stronger than him. In fact if I was Webber, I'd be concerned about my prospects for next year.

Talking of Gestures. Alonsos "crane" gesture after the race then him and Kimi laughing was fairly obvious.
Date: October 07, 2007 02:52PM
Posted by: mikef1
Great race, shame for Lewis but he didn't look after his tyres as well as Fernando and the two Ferrari drivers but he should learn from that. He said it was his first mistake but he made one at the Nurburgring too, still amazingly error free for a rookie.

Great drives by Kimi and Fernando who were somewhat heavier than Lewis in Q3 after all. I'm so glad we'll get the showdown in Brazil, still i'll be amazed if Lewis doesn't win it there.
Fernando looked relieved but despite his negative comments towards the team over the season he has been complementary towards Lewis which shows that he can give credit where it's due.

Vettel and Jenson drove superbly today, especially Sebastian who was my man of the race and made up for what happened in Fuji even if it was not totally his fault imo.

Oh and big shame for Robert who drove so well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2007 03:00PM by mikef1.
Date: October 07, 2007 02:59PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Haha.

Well, it's plain as hell now. He relies on the team to do everything for him. When they mess up, he messes up. This is because he can't make decisions for himself.

He will still be champion, and he probably deserves is, but I just don't like him.

At last a retirement too, and a fairly embarrassing one :D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy