Hamilton Complained To The Stewards...

Posted by Jagdpanzer 
Hamilton Complained To The Stewards...
Date: August 08, 2007 02:29AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
The other thread is getting a bit convoluted, so I thought I would post here what I just ran across elsewhere:

[www.f1complete.com]

The tenuous relationship between McLaren teammates Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton went beyond breaking point in Hungary. Championship leader and British rookie Hamilton admitted after winning in Budapest that the pair are now in the midst of a two-way code of silence.

He said that just before the race, "I went round to the whole team and said, 'Come on, let's do this. Good luck'. There was only one person I didn't (speak to).

"If I walk into the motor home and I see (Alonso) I will speak to him.

"But I am not going to go looking for him to make him feel better."

Alonso, 26, told Spanish radio Cadena SER that he was astonished not only by his teammate's foul-mouthed outburst on the radio with Ron Dennis on Saturday but at how Hamilton actually instigated the complaint to the stewards about the delayed qualifying pit stop.

Alonso said: "We went to complain about ourselves. We were one and two in qualifying but it was one of the most surreal moments I have experienced in F1."

Hamilton, however, denied asking the stewards to investigate the matter, despite members of the press finding him in conversation with one of the FIA representatives after qualifying.

"I was downstairs and one of the stewards was there but we didn't really discuss it," he said.

What an absolute prat! He ignores team orders, tells Ron to F*ck Off over the radio, and then tracks down the stewards to bitch and whine about losing the pole? Alonso has plenty of good reasons to despise Hamilton, and if what this story suggests is true Hamilton deserves a good beatdown for his trouble. The more I read about the Hungarian GP the more Hamilton looks like a complete wanker....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Re: Hamilton Complained To The Stewards...
Date: August 08, 2007 03:19AM
Posted by: Astro
im telling you, this whole golden boy image, thanks to the british press has completely gone to his head. he thinks he's michael schumacher level in f1 now. actually i shouldnt say that, because to mention his name and michael's in the same sentence is bit of an insult to michael. cannot wait to see him (hamilton) come crashing back to earth...
Date: August 08, 2007 03:50AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Bleh, I hope Alonso and Kimi crushes him down towards the end of the year. Can you imagine btw, Alonso and Kimi on the same team? They would be unstoppable.
Date: August 08, 2007 05:22AM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
what exactly happened in qualifying - what team orders did he ignore? I never watched it. Unless anyone has clips or something?

All I saw was the race, and at the end after he won, his celebrations were a bit exuberent and big headed. Not in a joyous, light hearted way for winning, like when we saw rossi winning at assen, but more in a "yes i beat alonso and i'm better than everyone, look how great i am sod you all" kind of way.

H E L L O
Date: August 08, 2007 05:50AM
Daniel Knott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All I saw was the race, and at the end after he
> won, his celebrations were a bit exuberent and big
> headed. Not in a joyous, light hearted way for
> winning, like when we saw rossi winning at assen,
> but more in a "yes i beat alonso and i'm better
> than everyone, look how great i am sod you all"
> kind of way.

that is true. and just to put it into perspective (this is only my opinion), during the celebrations he must know about the no constructor points penalty mclaren has received. he must know that his boss (and so called mentor) ron dennis and rest of the team must be really stressed and upset about this, and the whole fiasco inside the team with him and alonso, and still he does this. then in interview room he tries to put on an act saying "we" the whole time. not only that, i count 3 times or something where he started sentence with "I" then quickly and pointedly corrected this to "We".

he suddenly thinks he's become the king of the sport...
Date: August 08, 2007 07:10AM
Posted by: marcl
There is no proof lewis went to the stewards he could be telling the truth.

Look how long it took them to move fissi back as well
Date: August 08, 2007 07:18AM
Posted by: Razorsedge
But...he already IS the king of the sport. It seems that a lot of people are quickly developing a dis-like for him as his success rolls on. The weird thing is there will be no come down for him. He has the talent to put the car where it should be, and the team won't put their effort into Alonso only, because with the court appeal coming up about Stepney and Coughlin, McLaren will need every point they can get in case they lose some through a penalty.

So even though I don't like what Hamilton did to Alonso (depending on which reports you believe) he has timed it to perfection to get a little bit in front of Alonso, and with the team pushing hard (if not for him personally) for McLaren he is guaranteed to stay right up there for the remaining races.

But my biggest problem this year is with the reporting! 'Alonso says this', 'Hamiton denies it', 'Ron says that', 'the pictures show this', denials, counter claims, and mess. I can't make heads or tails of what is going on.

It's a rubbish year.

Date: August 08, 2007 08:07AM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
Hamilton is starting to get on my nerves, he just comes off as being stuck up. he only in the postion he's in because of Ron Dennis and using all of Alonso's setup information.
Date: August 08, 2007 08:55AM
There is no proof lewis only uses alonso's setup anyway. Who says he is Alonso?.

The same Alonso who says the 2 drivers never agreed not to speak about the other driver when they are both not there, even though 2 other people said different.

I could easily say alonso is where he is today due to Flavio.

Massa is where he is today due to Todt.

Tbh I think the press are loving this and are changing things both alonso and lewis are saying.

I think on quali Alonso did hold up Lewis and was willing to loose his own lap as well and by luck he got across the line to start his final lap. If he had not held up lewis he would have been more angry about what happened than he was, we have seen alonso loose it when he thought things were not fair, this did not happen this time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2007 09:23AM by marcl.
Date: August 08, 2007 10:30AM
Posted by: chrislewis
I can see someone like Alonso complaining to stewards about his teammate but not Lewis IMO.

With all the British fans always hearing about him in the press & James Allen alays praising him I can understand why some people are disliking him. Coming from another country where we hardly ever hear about F1 & Hamilton for that matter, I can't but think that the guy is down to earth & is a genuine bloke.

If he was happy on the podium he has every right to be happy. He has increased his lead in the championship & he won his hardest race so far according to him.

I think he was being happy for the team as well because if he didn't win it would be a downer considering all that's happened over that weekend & in previous weeks.

Date: August 08, 2007 10:31AM
Posted by: mikef1
It's widely known that Lewis studies Fernando's telemetry but also during the Silverstone weekend Lewis admitted to having a different set up at the rear to Fernando that didn't work so well so he must have had known what setup Alonso was running by indicating that.

Also i noticed a pattern in Fernando's Firday practice pace in recent GPs whereby he doesnot go for a quick time knowing that Lewis will study his telemetry and see what he's doing.
Date: August 08, 2007 11:09AM
Posted by: Joeku
how is lewis an arrogant prat though?

He has every right to complain to the stewards, fernando was sitting in his box for an extra ten seconds he doesnt look directly at his tyres and turns to look at his physio or who ever and goes.

What is wrong in telling Ron to F*ck off when you have lost your qualifying lap. It shows he has some back bone not that he is arrogant, its made me for impressed as he isnt just being a doormat that rock can walk over.

And the fuel burning phase was also understandable he went off as fast as he could, alonso couldnt keep up raikonen was close to overtaking him, if alonso cant stay glued to lewis's gear box to over take him why should lewis pull over and disadvantage himself.
Alonso wants to be number 1 and cant hack it that someone is not playing second fiddle to him

________________________________________________________________________________

Date: August 08, 2007 11:24AM
Posted by: anze89
IIRC at start of 3rd part of qualifications, LH was in front, then a big nothing to FA with KR right on his tail. It wouldn't help if LH slowed down and let both through (if FA went in front, so would KR), FA was just driving too slow. Some of you are making this thing about LH ignoring team order too big IMO.

Date: August 08, 2007 11:27AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I don't like Hamilton. He is arrogant and has no respect for the way in which Formula 1 works. I don't think he expected to be this fast, once he knew he was, it went to his head.
Date: August 08, 2007 12:14PM
Posted by: DoDe
This is a beautiful dream, Alonso and Kimi in the same team... Too bad that there are not 3 members in one team... I would put Kubica with them too...
Date: August 08, 2007 12:39PM
Posted by: elio
As someone from Stevenage and therefore very biased, I am delighted to see so many people keen to try to knock Lewis!

It shows he is doing his job and pushing to be the best he can be. I am disapointed with Alonso as I thought he would enjoy the challenge of a straight fight in equal machinery rather than do a Schumacher and want to have a number two that is just there to pick up crumbs. Shame on you Fernando!

I want to see high competition and aggreesion in F1 but fairplay. Lewis is a fighter in the Mansell mould. Nigel upset Piquet by being too quick back in 86 and 87. Nelson left the team, I expect Alonso will do the same and build a cozy nest around himself.

Either way I am looking forward to the rest of a great season.
Date: August 08, 2007 12:42PM
Posted by: jbnd05
anze89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IIRC at start of 3rd part of qualifications, LH
> was in front, then a big nothing to FA with KR
> right on his tail. It wouldn't help if LH slowed
> down and let both through (if FA went in front, so
> would KR), FA was just driving too slow. Some of
> you are making this thing about LH ignoring team
> order too big IMO.

I 100% agree with this and the comment about Alonso wanting to make a cosy nest for himself.

Date: August 08, 2007 02:01PM
Posted by: matt3454
I think this has been blown out of all proportions.

Although if i was Hamilton i would have complained to the stewards.

As a racer, you want to finish first, whether it be in practice,qualifying or the race.

Being so blatantly impeded by Alonso must have angered Hamilton a lot, and Dennis' reaction over the radio would not have helped matters, but then again Hamilton should not of told his boss to pleck off.

I just think that seeing how good Hamilton has started people are just trying to find faults, like they did with Schumacher, but then again, Schumacher's were very obvious ;)

Hamilton has never came across as arrogant to me, just self confident.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2007 02:03PM by matt3454.
Date: August 08, 2007 02:12PM
The driver who is arrogant is Alonso.
Date: August 08, 2007 02:49PM
you need to remove your hamilton-brainwashed-thanks-to-british-media head out of ur backside tbh. its blatantly obvious how his attitude changed of late. atleast alonso has been like this since his renault days. a straight up driver. not one who acts lil sweet little darling boy on one side, and a spoiled rotten brat on the other. just for record i am ferrari fan and in no way an alonso/mclaren fan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy