Hamilton Complained To The Stewards...

Posted by Jagdpanzer 
Re: Hamilton Complained To The Stewards...
Date: August 10, 2007 02:43PM
Posted by: Muks_C
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> has anyone heard what was said on the radio? or
> was it just stories to start off with?
>
> It all reminds me a bit of alonso in the usa when
> he said he weeved to cool the car down but mclaren
> said he did it out of frustration

i doubt anyone outside McLaren, or even outside the people on the pitwall that day, have heard the radio convo.

that's why my initial interpretation was that it was an argument face to face, so anyone could have heard it and reported it as fact. if it turns out that their spat was on the radio, then no-one apart from those on the pitwall would know what was said, so it's all just been made up.

and Alonso must know that the "cooling my tyres" excuse would fool nobody for his USA pit drive-by.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 10, 2007 02:47PM
Posted by: mikef1
I think he was trying to cool his head instead. ;-)
Date: August 10, 2007 11:34PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Hamilton is reported to have used the phrase "f*cking swivel" when addressing Ron on the radio. Now being an American I admit I have no real in-depth knowledge of British slang, nor knowledge of what context this phrase is normally used in, but it does strike me as being somewhat peculiar.

I would be much more inclined to believe the cover up excuse had Hamilton been quoted as using only generic profanity towards Ron, but this phrase was peculiar enough to stand out to the individuals that informed the press, who likewise reported the phrase verbatim to the public.

Interesting that Eddie Jordan, Nigel Mansell, and Eddie Irvine have all publicly criticized Hamilton this past week as being arrogant and deceitful. If anyone should recognize arrogance it's those three...;)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: August 10, 2007 11:38PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Hamilton is reported to have used the phrase "f*cking swivel" when addressing Ron on the radio. Now being an American I admit I have no real in-depth knowledge of British slang, nor knowledge of what context this phrase is normally used in, but it does strike me as being somewhat peculiar.

The insult itself is nothing peculiar. Its commonly heard by yobs and other dislikable people, its the idea of it being used in F1 which is unusual.

Meaning number 2 on Urban Dictonary is what the comment is meant in this context

[www.urbandictionary.com]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 10, 2007 11:53PM
Posted by: gav
Loving the wording on that definition :D :D
Date: August 11, 2007 05:04AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Loving the wording on that definition :D :D

Hmmmm, suddenly it becomes crystal clear....;)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2007 02:31AM by Jagdpanzer.
Date: August 11, 2007 02:27PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yep, it's often accompanied by showing your middle finger to someone and saying "swivel on that!"

(although why you would want to have someone spinning on your finger by their arsehole is beyond my comprehension)

it's quite an oldschool insult, i've not heard anyone use it for years.

and according to Mark Hughes' article on ITV's site, Alonso did have a display on his steering wheel showing him how long was left in the session: Click

but we've all seen pictures of the McLaren wheel, it doesn't even have a display. so is he talking bullocks or did he mean on the dashboard behind the wheel?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: August 11, 2007 02:49PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Trouble with that article is that it contradicts what is said in Autosport (Mark Hughes own magazine) when they point out that, mathematically, it makes no difference at the Hungaroring whether or not Hamilton or Alonso was in front for the fuel burn phase.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: August 11, 2007 07:57PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
"Some cars do have such a dash readout, but the McLaren does not, and thus the drivers rely on information from their engineers. In other words, Alonso took a huge risk when he sat there as the seconds ticked away. Indeed on his out-lap he asked the team how he was doing, and had to be told to hurry up."

Thats from the autosport website in an article by Adam Cooper. Rather confusing as Mark Hughes then says it does have a readout. Don't know if he said that to dumb it down a bit for the itv-f1 website. Bit strange having two colleagues contradicting though.

"No it's not a skirt"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy