Hamilton Complained To The Stewards...

Posted by Jagdpanzer 
Re: Hamilton Complained To The Stewards...
Date: August 08, 2007 02:53PM
Posted by: mika19b
Hamilton deserves to feel frustrated about what happened, although i didn't agree with the radio part - you should never talk to your boss like that especially the one that gave you the opportunity in F1!
I still believe Alonso will take the driver's title though as he is a two times world champion, he take's no bs!
Date: August 08, 2007 03:16PM
Posted by: chet
You have to say, if Alonso comes through this as WDC it will have been a mighty fight and his best WDC. I think, well rather hope he will.

Because I dont like how easy (speaking relative) it has been for Lewis, and if he wins, I cant imagine the orgasm Mr Allen and Mr Ryder will have!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 08, 2007 03:22PM
Posted by: mikef1
Astro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you need to remove your
> hamilton-brainwashed-thanks-to-british-media head
> out of ur backside tbh. its blatantly obvious how
> his attitude changed of late. atleast alonso has
> been like this since his renault days. a straight
> up driver. not one who acts lil sweet little
> darling boy on one side, and a spoiled rotten brat
> on the other. just for record i am ferrari fan and
> in no way an alonso/mclaren fan.

Personally i do believe that Alonso is not arrogant, he moans too much and has a Latin temper that sometimes does him no favours on track but arrogance is not a trait i associate him with.

Lewis imo, is the one who is arrogant and has shown a prima donna attitude which you'd normally associate with a driver who has raced for several seasons and with different teams.
Lewis has phenomenal talent but he still has a Mclaren silver spoon in his gob and the way he talked to Ron on the radio shows petulance, he seems to think that he is above his team and their orders.
Date: August 08, 2007 03:23PM
Posted by: tripleM
It's easy for one and a mighty fight for the other yet they drive for the same team.

How?

Date: August 08, 2007 03:32PM
Posted by: marcl
I am not getting involved in a row btw.

Read my other posts I have not defended lewis for what he done at all, he ignored the team.

But I dont think lewis is any different now from when he was in gp2 or f3.

At least he admitted on TV what he done unlike some drivers in the past :).

Mclaren let there drivers race each other and try and be fair, you can see why ferrari used to follow a different way, it stops this type of thing happening.

I would follow lewis no matter where he was from as I think he is one of the best guys there has been in years. I also follow kimi btw even though he drives for ferrari. Both them guys are different from the rest.

If lewis wins the championship its beacuse he desrves it, Alonso won the last 2 due to people breaking down so why is it he deserved them and lewis does not deserve this year? Its the same thing lewis has been consistant led more laps that anyone else. Plus he would beat a 2 time champ who is in the same team.

People seem to forget Canada 2005 when alonso was asking renault to move fissi out the way, or china last year and even Brazil when he failed to slow down for yellow flags and could have killed himself and hurt people, or even Hungry last year break testing a driver. Alonso does not like team mates to be ahead of him and goes mad if they are. Lewis was not allowed to challenge alonso in Monaco, and in the usa he beat alonso fair and square. Alosno has been making the errors Lewis has not.

I suppose people need someone to have a go at it used to be ms then alonso then kimi now lewis.

Every drivers thinks their the best, they have to or they would not be in F1.

These are my views you might not agree and thats cool but dont have a go at people who dont agree with u.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2007 04:06PM by marcl.
Date: August 08, 2007 04:51PM
Posted by: chrislewis
its blatantly obvious how his attitude changed of late. atleast alonso has been like this since his renault days.

I can't get GP2 where I am so I need to ask was he different in GP2?

I can't see any bad attitude from him so what is wrong?

Alonso has brake tested on more than 1 occasion, almost always waves at backmarkers, has complained about the team & the FIA etc etc being against him, so how is Lewis worse?

Date: August 08, 2007 04:58PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I can't see any bad attitude from him so what is wrong?

lol.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 08, 2007 04:58PM
Posted by: gav
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You have to say, if Alonso comes through this as
> WDC it will have been a mighty fight and his best
> WDC. I think, well rather hope he will.

I think it will have been his worst if he wins the title. His season has been littered with mistakes and poor strategy. It will have been a fighting comeback, but the damage should never have been done in the first place in my opinion. He took a while to settle in, but he should never have been beaten by a BMW in Bahrain, have been battling with a Super Aguri in Montreal, etc. He's had some truly great drives (Silverstone and Nurburgring spring to mind), but they're still out-weighed by the rest of his season at the moment.

Closer to topic, I feel Hamilton had every right to complain to the stewards, if he did. Why not? It's a World Drivers Championship - you have to beat everyone, your teammate included (pre 2007 Ferrari excepted), not just the other 20 drivers. It may have harmed McLaren's hopes in the Constructors Championship, but that's his, and possibly his teams choice.

I'm not convinced he did complain anyway. All that anyone's said that I've read is that he was seen talking to a steward. You have to make a formal complaint to instigate an official review, and there's no indication he did so, more that the stewards took it upon themselves to investigate.
Date: August 08, 2007 05:06PM
Outbursts over the radio are quite common.

Big deal. Not.

Date: August 08, 2007 05:09PM
The team's choice is to start 1-2 and get the maximum points out of the race. Should any problems arise they are dealt with internally. That's my understanding of McLaren's reaction .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2007 05:13PM by tripleM.
Date: August 08, 2007 05:16PM
I agree it's not been a good year all in all for Fernando, his trade mark consistency has gone this season and he has allowed Lewis to get to him which has affected his performances, particularly in qualifying when it mattered most.

"Outbursts over the radio are quite common."

What Lewis did over the radio reminded me of JPM at France in 2003 when he thought he was unfairly compromised by the Williams team by favouring Ralf.
Date: August 08, 2007 05:31PM
Come on Dave, if you have something to say don't give me that "lol" @#$%&!

Date: August 08, 2007 05:51PM
"f**king swivel". Charming.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 08, 2007 05:59PM
Thanks for at least giving me half a response.

I suppose we beleive anything we read huh?

Date: August 08, 2007 06:05PM
It has been widely reported that he did say that though. Anyway big deal, now we know that he's not the Mclaren manufactured cyborg we thought he was.
Date: August 08, 2007 06:07PM
Half a reponse? What did you want? A full page report with bells and whistles?

When Ron was confronted with these quotes he not only did not deny it, he confirmed they have "firm" words, which Lewis had to apologise for. People dont apologise for having firm words, they apologise for being abusive.

If he did go to the stewards then he undermined the teams authrority by taking matters into his own hands.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 08, 2007 06:39PM
Posted by: marcl
I dont think he would have done it just so happened that in the pit lane the stewards walk around as well lol.

Quite offen u see drivers talking to Charlie, are they complaining to then? lol

People forget that alonso is very capable to holding people on purpose, hungry last year he went extra slow catching out ms who passed under a yellow and then as soon as ms passed alonso sped up, so i dont think for 1 min he is not capable of doing what happened in the pits. I really think he did not care if he got his last lap in or not he was doing something to proove a point to the team.
Date: August 08, 2007 06:42PM
People forget that alonso is very capable to holding people on purpose, hungry last year he went extra slow catching out ms who passed under a yellow and then as soon as ms passed alonso sped up, so i dont think for 1 min he is not capable of doing what happened in the pits. I really think he did not care if he got his last lap in or not he was doing something to proove a point to the team.

Have you read any of the facts and posts and news stories about the situation, or do you just kinda, go with the flow?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 08, 2007 06:50PM
is it wrong for him to post his view?

and furthermore, what's so fundamentally wrong with it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2007 06:52PM by tripleM.
Date: August 08, 2007 07:01PM
As has already been discussed, it would be impossible for Alonso to engineer the situation on his own in the pit box like suggested as the McLaren has no session time display on the dash or on the wheel. Alonso acted under instruction from the radio call from the pit wall. Whether or not you belive Ron had anything to do with this radio call is of course open for debate, however suggesting that Alonso masterminded the situation there is the equivelent to giving him super powers.

The situation was planned out before the cars arrived in the pit, either by Ron, or by Alonsos manager/psysio/whatever else he is and with the timing avalible on the pit wall, was able to time exactly when Alonso should leave, ruining Lewis's chances for a final run.

However its also been suggested (and I havent looked into this because I dont care enough) that Lewis DID have time to get a lap in, but his out lap was pretty slow compared to Alonsos before him. If thats true and Lewis simply wasnt fast enough but it was possible for a lap to be put in, it makes the penalty even more of a farce.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy