-------------------------------------------------------
> Muks_C Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > @ Montyman34, "all the times RB had to move
> over
> > for MS"?
> >
> > i remember Austria '01 and Austria '02.
> >
> > before that, Irvine moved over for him at
> Suzuka
> > '97.
> >
> > where were all the other times?
>
> Irvine moved over for MS all the time (not that he
> was often ahead of him). Usually because of a
> 'soft brake pedal'. ;-)

I remember his interview after one race in particular

"Eddie, what happened?"

"Same problem as the last race, and probably the next race as well *sigh*"
Re: Monaco GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: May 29, 2007 01:08PM
Posted by: Isaint
It's the same old story. Every week we hear about how great Hamilton is and how he is going to re-write formula 1 history. When he gets a result it's because he is 'Great' but when Alonso Win's it's because he had help.

Alonso put Hamilton in his place, humbled his Ass but he can't take it and neither can his little Nationalist 'Fan club.'
Through his own admission he states 'I hit the barriers several times but it's hard to catch a two time World Champion that did not make a mistake.'

Get it?! Alonso was not scraping barriers he was not on his very limit ..
Lewis was. Alonso annihilated, even broke Hamilton from the beginning of the race.
Any time that Lewis may have gained was down to traffic and the general condition of the race but Alonso had him pegged every which-way, he even backed off to wards the end.
As for these team orders investigation, well you know someone has only got to breath fowl play and the F.I.A are bound to investigate it.

Ron Dennis was not very circumspect in his choice of words. He led people to believe that Hamilton had a chance that 'either driver could have one' that was not the case and now he has opened up a whole can of worms for himself.

For those who feel that Alonso is arrogant.. that makes me laugh. Who was it that thought it was his God given right to win at Monaco? So much so that he had the cheek to refer to the back markers as 'Monkey's' .............
He is forgetting, had he not been so privileged by getting a Top team drive he would undoubtedly be one of those Monkey's too.

People are so selective, I've heard Schumacher sited several times, for his UN-gentlemanly conduct but you would have to look hard and long to find any statement of such derogatory content made by him.

Lewis is an up-start, you can see it in his whole demeanor. He is the 'Prince Nazim of F1 .... and we all know what happened to him?!

If Hamilton wins this Champion ship I will concede that he is a bit special. But as far as I am concerned he has to get eight World Champions and break every F1 record known to man, before I would consider him 'Great.' Until then my money is on Alonso ... I am not a Mclaren fan but he is the most complete driver on the grid.

As for Kimi, .............. it does not matter what you say about him and Massa the stats speak for themselves and Kimi is trailing. Sure it's not impossible for him to claw back but as I said before he is not even in the same league as Ms. mentally, so forget the comparison. If he can do it great for F1 but I doubt it.

For all you guys ... who ever you support, it's great to back your teams but at the end of the day until the season has been played out everything else is just wild conjecture. For the time being we have to go with the facts and the facts are .... Alonso kicked ass and is now leading the Championship.
James Allen can cry all he wants ..... but that is what the record shows.
Date: May 29, 2007 01:20PM
Posted by: mikef1
James Allen was clearly upset that Alonso beat Lewis fair and square, remember how annoyed he got when Lewis was being held up by Trulli despite the fact that Fernando was held up even more?
I bet he had a good cry after the race. ;)
Date: May 29, 2007 01:23PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
planetf1

Should they be found guilty, both Fernando Alonso and Hamilton could lose the points they collected at Monte Carlo. However, it is widely believed that, given Monaco's unique restrictions on overtaking, any punishment would take the form of a fine against the team.

[www.planet-f1.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2007 01:24PM by DJSKYLINE.
Date: May 29, 2007 01:34PM
Posted by: Muks_C
as much as i'd like Lewis to win (i'm not a fanboy of his by the way) Alonso was faster and i don't think there was any way Lewis could have beaten him.

as for the investigation, i hope they don't penalise the drivers or the team, they did what was right in those circumstances, just a shame Ron had to open his mouth. usually he's so savvy when talking to the press.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: May 29, 2007 01:36PM
Storm in a teacup, nothing is going to happen.
The British media is just making an issue out of it because their new golden child didn't win.
Date: May 29, 2007 01:37PM
let's hope it's over by Canada.

and i laugh at F1 Racing's recent headline with Lewis on the cover: "Lewis: Already The Best?"

yeah guys, because he got 4 podiums in his first 4 races, he's better than Alonso, Hakkinen, M Schumacher, Prost, Senna and Fangio.

you never know, he may go one to re-write all the records, but isn't it just ever so slightly premature to be prophesising after 4 races?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2007 01:42PM by Muks_C.
Date: May 29, 2007 01:55PM
Yeah MUKS,
ask them what happened to Button ... and his smooth driving? Now it's Super Lew!
You know what they are like ... the British press?! If you go by what they say, Damon Hill would have won the Champion ship 20 times already and he's not even in Formula 1 anymore.
Lets hope for their sake that Lewis is not going to win the F1 Championship like they were going to win the World-Cup ...... and if it goes to penalties, God help Ron when it's his turn to kick the ball because I don't think he'll be able to get that foot out of his mouth for some time!
Date: May 29, 2007 02:14PM
Here's a great article on Lewis mania in the British press:

[www.pitpass.com]

Just click on the lovefest article on the front page, a bit long but well worth a read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2007 02:18PM by mikef1.
Date: May 29, 2007 02:38PM
mikef1

Nice article thanx ................ that about says it all.
Date: May 29, 2007 02:40PM
Posted by: tripleM
"Alonso was by far faster and more consistant"

Dennis said that it's impossible to tell who was better on Sunday.

Date: May 29, 2007 02:58PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
turkey_machine Wrote:
> We have ITV in the UK, and it's free-to-view. If
> you're in America, SpeedTV is the only way to go
> AFAIK, and it's probably cable if not
> terrestrial.
>
> EDIT: Why the **** isn't this stickied yet?
>
> And can somebody PLEASE record it (Qualy and the
> race, ITV broadcast) on their computer in case my
> DVD recorder completely screws up?! I'll be
> eternally grateful, if the DVD recorder fails. :)

OK, the DVD recorder failed. Did anybody get the ITV broadcast of Qualifying and the race? I'm desperate to watch what happened, cause I know the result but wanna see what happened. Newspapers don't do it justice. Highlights can't capture what happened in qualifying either. :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: May 29, 2007 04:14PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Actually, on closer inspection, the DVD recorder didn't fail.... it's just my incompetence with a piece of equipment I bought in a rush and didn't explore properly. :) Sorry for the worries!!!! ;)

Time to watch qualy and the race. Back in 5 hours! ;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: May 29, 2007 05:15PM
tripleM Wrote:
> "Alonso was by far faster and more consistant"
>
> Dennis said that it's impossible to tell who was
> better on Sunday.

Lol, he would say that wouldn't he. I wouldn't say Fernando was much faster but he was far more consistent.
Date: May 29, 2007 05:32PM
put it this way, Alonso and Lewis were roughtly at the same pace, but Alonso looked a lot more in control and a lot less ragged. from what we saw of him in the tv coverage, he only made the mistake in the entry to the swimming pool while pushing. Lewis had many more scary and arms-crossed moments.

and just read that PitPass article, the author got it wrong that Sutil is Dutch, he's German, but a good read nonetheless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2007 05:39PM by Muks_C.
Date: May 29, 2007 06:37PM
Posted by: keiran
tripleM Wrote:
> They stopped pushing from lap 10 ;-)

Yet set their fastest laps on lap 28 (Lewis) and lap 44 (Alonso). Both drivers lapping very competitve times for the whole of the second stint.

The pace only dropped after the final round of stops, where they started lapping between 1 and 2 seconds slower than the times set in the first and second stints.

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: May 29, 2007 06:38PM
Posted by: Astro
Covfan Wrote:
> gav Wrote:
> -----
> > Muks_C Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > @ Montyman34, "all the times RB had to move
> > over
> > > for MS"?
> > >
> > > i remember Austria '01 and Austria '02.
> > >
> > > before that, Irvine moved over for him at
> > Suzuka
> > > '97.
> > >
> > > where were all the other times?
> >
> > Irvine moved over for MS all the time (not that
> he
> > was often ahead of him). Usually because of a
> > 'soft brake pedal'. ;-)
>
> I remember his interview after one race in
> particular
>
> "Eddie, what happened?"
>
> "Same problem as the last race, and probably the
> next race as well *sigh*"

Yup..the same problem being that he was only good enough to be a #2 and not in the same league as Michael ;) Duh,what an insightful and revealing interview!
Date: May 29, 2007 07:15PM
Posted by: tripleM
"Yet set their fastest laps on lap 28 (Lewis) and lap 44 (Alonso). Both drivers lapping very competitve times for the whole of the second stint."

Take it up with Dennis, that's what he said.

Date: May 29, 2007 07:23PM
Ron may have asked/told them to stop pushing from lap 10, doesn't mean they listened to him though.

Date: May 29, 2007 07:25PM
Posted by: Astro
just because they set their fastest laps on 44 and 28, doesnt mean they were still pushing their butts off like early. the mclaren car was just that damn good, and the track conditions in monaco usually improve as the race goes on so was getting easier for them to do competitive laptimes as the race went on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy