Monaco GP Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by marcl 
Re: Monaco GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: May 28, 2007 09:04PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Bullshit. Alonso dominated that race from start to finish, and what a boring race it was. Worst of the season so far from a spectator viewpoint.

Pole, fastest lap, and race win... that pretty much sums it up.

All these Hamilton bandwagon jumpers make me wanna puke....;)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2007 09:06PM by Jagdpanzer.
Date: May 28, 2007 09:11PM
Posted by: Muks_C
are you saying bullshit to my post?

and i agree with you, Alonso was the faster of the 2, that's why he went fast when he needed to to show that he was faster than Lewis, so they should then tell Lewis that his efforts were in vain so he should calm down, which in turn meant that Alonso could also calm down, thus bring both cars home 1st and 2nd. i don't think Alonso was ever under threat of being beaten by Lewis, but Lewis was no doubt going to try to do it.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2007 09:58PM by Muks_C.
Date: May 28, 2007 09:24PM
Posted by: keiran
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i'm not complaining about what they did or didn't
> do, it was sensible for Ron and Co to make sure
> they didn't fight and risk losing the points, but
> it did look a bit staged how Lewis immediately
> slotted in behind Alonso at the start, as if he
> already knew that he shouldn't fight with Alonso.
> any driver going for the win wouldn't have done
> that.

Where did you want Lewis to go? Nothing looked staged to me, all I saw was Lewis having thought ahead of the start to make sure he didn't lose any positions... He is smart enough to know that there is no way he is going to pass Alonso on the outside of T1 at Monaco. All Alonso would have to do is take the usual line and force Lewis to A) Slow dramatically and let >2 cars past or B) Hit the wall.

It's a joke this FIA `investigation`. Schumacher has gotten off with this for years, hell I can remember his team mates saying stuff like, "We have to think of the Championship" so why didn't they investigate practically every race last year or the years before? McLaren did nothing wrong, F1 is still a team game and they at least gave Lewis the chance to push to the ragged edge to try catch Alonso, something Ferrari never allowed. At least McLaren didn't hide the fact of what happened, do people want to be deceived or do they want to know more about the race? I'd prefer the latter myself.

Anyone who thinks Lewis had a chance of winning are just deceiving themselves. The fact was Lewis was very ragged and looking like he was going to bin it at some point, while Alonso was very composed and still lapping quicker/similar times. Lewis might have ended up just trying to push a little too hard if Alonso continued to pull out a margin every lap.

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: May 28, 2007 09:44PM
Posted by: requenov
@Keiran I agree 100% with you.

How many times we saw last year team orders and drivers saying 'I will help the team to win the WDC'? I remember Massa saying it many times, and specially in 2 GP where he did TO. In Germany he didnt push Schumacher, he was driving 10 metres behind him all the race, EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED IN THE LAST 20 LAPS OF MONACO '07. And in Japan he let Schumi pass in the main straight very easy. Nobody noticed this??? YES, EVERYBODY, everybody knew that those were team orders, but it is normal, specially when is the penultimate race of the championship and MS can win the WDC (and is not the last lap of the race). Any team with brain would do the same in the same situation. What the english papers and FIA are doing is really stupid.
Date: May 28, 2007 09:47PM
Posted by: FRESCO
I think Hamilton could have won. If it's true that McLaren brought him in early both times then he was definetly in contention, and if Hamilton had carried just one more lap of fuel instead of 4 or 5, then he would have been on pole.

It would have been very close if they had continued to race each other, but theres no doubt about the fact that Hamilton could have edged it IMO.

But still, Ron Dennis made the right call. It would have been silly to have them race, and at the end of the day Hamilton blew it in qually with his mistake around Grand Hotel hairpin. If it had not been for that, he may have been on pole anyway. And also of course, Alonso could have maybe kept pulling out fastest laps if he wanted to. Unfortunately, we'll never know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2007 09:49PM by FRESCO.
Date: May 28, 2007 10:18PM
Posted by: mikef1
I don't see how Lewis could have won, it was pretty obvious from watching the race that Fernando could could open enough of a gap when needed and he was pushing far less than Lewis was.
Also Trulli held him up Fernando much longer than he held up Lewis but that's always the problem when drivers are lapped for the first time around Monaco, the lead driver usually has a harder job getting past than the guy following.
Date: May 28, 2007 10:23PM
Posted by: tripleM
They stopped pushing from lap 10 ;-)

Date: May 28, 2007 10:32PM
Oh yeah! Forgot about that.
Date: May 28, 2007 11:18PM
Posted by: gav
tripleM Wrote:
> They stopped pushing from lap 10 ;-)

Bollocks they did. Both drivers looked like they were going to throw it in the wall at any point! ;)
Date: May 28, 2007 11:54PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah, Alonso had the big slidey moment in the swimming pool entry, just like Lewis had done in qually.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: May 29, 2007 12:55AM
Posted by: jbnd05
Ron made the right call and I think it's just that in Monaco, Mclaren were that dominant that people are making excuses. I like Lewis, but he can only win when really the strategy plays out for him not Alonso, and remember Alonso is the one on about ten times the money, the Double WDC.

Neway, about Lewis being ragged and doing fastest laps - isn't this the sort of driver we want in F1?

Don't even get me started on the FIA, they seem to be doing everything in their power to screw up F1.
Date: May 29, 2007 01:03AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Muks_C Wrote:
> are you saying bullshit to my post?

Nah Muks, it was this drivel that set me off:

"They just f*cked lewis, like in melbourne, so that fernando could "regain confidence and supremacy" over lewis, like he thought it will be before the season started. he needed that win, and he got it, altho i don`t think it will help his mental dificulties, which he is reportedly havin from being beaten by lewis."

What a absolute load of rubbish ....

This dude was probably on the Button bandwagon until Lewis came along...LOL

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: May 29, 2007 01:20AM
Posted by: marcl
The FIA are investigating mclarens team orders.

Now may i ask japan last year massa moved over for MS why was that not looked at?
Also fissi and Alonso in China why was that not looked at?

Mclaren say they done nothing wrong and I have to agree. Lewis never moved over for alonso and everyone knows u can not pass at monaco so why risk trying to pass at the end of the race.

Ron has said they slowed both cars down after the 1st stop to protect the cars which is fair enough.

I think mclaren will lose their points if any thing but the drivers will not as its not their fault that they were following team orders.

Or is this another thing to help ferrari? that is what people will say and think.

Other teams have done thing since 2002 look at massa last year in Germany he could have challenged MS but did not. Its stupid really.
Date: May 29, 2007 03:09AM
Posted by: calimbo
FIA is investigating it because british media complained a lot on monday
Date: May 29, 2007 03:22AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
the investigation isn't about the team orders but for what Ron Dennis said to the media. The team isn't under investigation for 'team orders' but Ron Dennis is for putting the sport in discredit.

f1club.be has this on the website. It was in dutch but i had a website translator translate it to english:

Not the team orders of McLaren, but the remarks of McLaren-teambaas Ron Dennis after race in Monaco will probably be examined highest by the FIA, the international motor sport federation.

Earlier today explained the FIA that it has established a research to incidents which occurred during the Grand Prix of Monaco of last Sunday. But the fact that the international sport-loving code was not quoted, and the sport-loving regulation of F1 itself, indicates in the direction of a sentence in the direction of the use of team orders.

Article 151c of the international sport-loving code stipulates: Each frauduleus behaviour or each behaviour that the importance of the competition or the importance of the engine sport can damage to have been in general prohibited.

It was however mentioned with no word concerning the possible implication of a sentence on the use of team orders, something what is overlooked by the sport-loving regulation of F1, which puts 39.1 in Article; team orders that influences raceresultaat have been prohibited.
Date: May 29, 2007 05:39AM
Posted by: Slash
marcl Wrote:
> The FIA are investigating mclarens team orders.
>
> Now may i ask japan last year massa moved over for
> MS why was that not looked at?
> Also fissi and Alonso in China why was that not
> looked at?
>
> Mclaren say they done nothing wrong and I have to
> agree. Lewis never moved over for alonso and
> everyone knows u can not pass at monaco so why
> risk trying to pass at the end of the race.
>
> Ron has said they slowed both cars down after the
> 1st stop to protect the cars which is fair
> enough.
>
> I think mclaren will lose their points if any
> thing but the drivers will not as its not their
> fault that they were following team orders.
>
> Or is this another thing to help ferrari? that is
> what people will say and think.
>
> Other teams have done thing since 2002 look at
> massa last year in Germany he could have
> challenged MS but did not. Its stupid really.

Yes, the problem was that Massa never said anything about i'm number 2, and i have to live with it, like Hamilton did.... i think that is what FIA is investigating, that Hamilton tried to let them know he was given team orders, but it was stupid from him, it's more than obvios Alonso was dominating him, Alonso never really pushed, once he knew he was the fastest he controlled him all race long, and i think this FIA investigation is going nowhere, it's probably following the protocol but nothing will happen, i mean even if they weren't team orders, they can't expect Hamilton to pass Alonso at monaco that easy, being Alonso and proving the fastest one
Date: May 29, 2007 10:25AM
I don't know why Hamilton had to say that he's the number 2 driver in the team when Ron says they can race each other for the title, sour grapes perhaps?
Date: May 29, 2007 11:12AM
Posted by: HakkF1
I laugh at those who said that Hamilton could have won
Alonso was by far faster and more consistant,and even ,if the team did not order him to pit early ,it would have changed nothing,because befor Alonso's first pit the diffrence bettwen them was 4 secs,after LH made his stop it became 7 secs,so he actually lost time,and even lets say he would have gained 4 secs in those four laps,then another 4 secs in the other stint,he would also would have came out behind Alonso,and he made more mistakes,and the only way for him to win was by Alonso crashing into the wall,which would have been very dump by the team ,and am sure if Alonso or Hamiltone had crashed,every one would have balmed Ron for not asking them to slow down.
so stop whinning,and Hamilton should do the same "i have number two on my car"
What a sopiled kid.

==============================

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2007 11:14AM by HakkF1.
Date: May 29, 2007 11:25AM
Posted by: gav
Muks_C Wrote:
> @ Montyman34, "all the times RB had to move over
> for MS"?
>
> i remember Austria '01 and Austria '02.
>
> before that, Irvine moved over for him at Suzuka
> '97.
>
> where were all the other times?

Irvine moved over for MS all the time (not that he was often ahead of him). Usually because of a 'soft brake pedal'. ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2007 11:26AM by gav.
Date: May 29, 2007 11:54AM
Posted by: Ali
Hamilton complains because of his heavy car, but I don't think McLaren takes this decision just randomly. Only in Bahrain Hamilton was lighter than Alonso...precisely where Alonso was not performing for whatever reason, so It seems McLaren gives the "credit" to fight for the pole to the car that seems faster during practice and except in Bahrain, Alonso has been that one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy