Monaco GP Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by marcl 
Re: Monaco GP Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: May 26, 2007 07:17PM
Posted by: danm
kimi is very muhc like he was born to the older generation of f1 drivers, a la James Hunt style.

Party, Live then jump in and drive, then Party some more.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: May 26, 2007 07:21PM
Posted by: chet
Locke Cole Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kimi sauntered off in a strop after his accident
> so he would not have apologised to the engineers,
> would not have seen Massa's data to pore over,
> would not have been there for the talks about race
> strategy, etc. for tomorrow... so Kimi isn't
> looking good for tomorrow. He just expects Ferrari
> to hand him a perfect, fast car. When he doesn't
> get it tomorrow (because he won't have helped set
> it up or anything), then I can see him getting
> agitated and putting it in a different wall.

He is destroying his weekend himself.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 26, 2007 07:31PM
Posted by: bestobritish
Locke Cole Wrote:
> Kimi sauntered off in a strop after his accident
> so he would not have apologised to the engineers,
> would not have seen Massa's data to pore over,
> would not have been there for the talks about race
> strategy, etc. for tomorrow... so Kimi isn't
> looking good for tomorrow. He just expects Ferrari
> to hand him a perfect, fast car. When he doesn't
> get it tomorrow (because he won't have helped set
> it up or anything), then I can see him getting
> agitated and putting it in a different wall.

lol so you know for a fact he wont do that later n that he didnt apologise. or do u want to just think that yourself? :-P

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: May 26, 2007 07:33PM
Posted by: Damas
@Locke Cole: Kimi never pours over data anyway so I can't see it hindering him that much. lol
Date: May 26, 2007 07:35PM
Posted by: Karan
wow what a dramatic qualifying, hopefully its a close fight for the race tomorrow.

the tv director this weekend, has got to be the most ridiculously incompetent man at his job. what is his obsession with focussing on the mechanics, right in the tense moments of sessions, repeatedly?

Date: May 26, 2007 07:43PM
Posted by: Isaint
Nice quali ... Raikkenon, no surprise. He's not Ms. so don't expect a super charge through the field. He will be driving a frustrating race and if he does not make ground quickly he'll either put it in a different wall or hang his head and coast home in midfield some where, as is his way when the car or situation is not perfect.

Hamilton has talent no doubt but if it's not tempered with sobriety he'll end up in a wall some where also, you can only hang the back end of a car out so much.
He got away with it in quali ... but it was a case of pure luck more than car control. If he does not try to take his team mate out at the first turn, in his normal style, he may get tagged by Massa with a Ferrari strategy .... but I expect Alonso to put some manners on him and take the win .... Massa could surprise every one?!! That is .... except me, and no, I'm not a ferrari fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2007 07:45PM by Isaint.
Date: May 26, 2007 08:09PM
Posted by: Red Sam
He got away with it in quali ... but it was a case of pure luck more than car control. If he does not try to take his team mate out at the first turn, in his normal style, he may get tagged by Massa with a Ferrari strategy ....

Four very strange points there - he was driving as you need to in qually, trying his hardest. Luck or judgement? We wouldn't know.

He has never taken anyone out at T1.

Massa "might" tag him, but that wouldnt be in keeping with his good driving this year.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 26, 2007 08:39PM
Posted by: marcl
I think ferrari will just fill kimi up to do 1 stop with most of the others on 2 stops as they wont want to be on the extra soft tyre for 2 long.
Date: May 26, 2007 08:42PM
Posted by: Monza972
chet Wrote:
> Locke Cole Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Kimi sauntered off in a strop after his
> accident
> > so he would not have apologised to the
> engineers,
> > would not have seen Massa's data to pore over,
> > would not have been there for the talks about
> race
> > strategy, etc. for tomorrow... so Kimi isn't
> > looking good for tomorrow. He just expects
> Ferrari
> > to hand him a perfect, fast car. When he
> doesn't
> > get it tomorrow (because he won't have helped
> set
> > it up or anything), then I can see him getting
> > agitated and putting it in a different wall.
>
>
> He is destroying his weekend himself.

Yep, very very True Chet
Date: May 26, 2007 09:33PM
Posted by: marcl
He went back to the pits 1st and there are such things as phones that he can talk to the team on.
Date: May 26, 2007 09:44PM
Posted by: mikef1
Yes, don't just asume that he buggered off after getting back to the pits, just because he left early in Barcelona doesn't mean he's done the same here. Plus he has a race to do tomorrow that he'll have to go over with his team.
Date: May 26, 2007 09:52PM
Posted by: chet
Thing is Wurz, Luizzi, Trulli and Heikki are not going to be easy to get past... Especially Luizzi and Wurz imo, they seem quite abit quicker than the other two... Then theres the two Hondas who will both be fueled as much as they can.

if its not raining the top 8 will scamper off leaving the Hondas to fight with the few cars behind... Thing is, going by Fridays Practise, Nico Rosberg, was not much quicker than Jenson, JB's long runs were pretty much matching both Williams and Hiekki and I suspect RB will be the same if not quicker..

And also remember when the cars working for JB like in the fianl stint at Barca he will be quick. If the car is there for both Hondas one of them will be in the points, which one is the question...

edit would be nice to see Nico do well, I feel his performances this season have gone un-noticed thanks to Lewis, but I dont think the Williams has it.. :(

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2007 09:53PM by chet.
Date: May 26, 2007 09:52PM
Posted by: Isaint
Nice quali ... Raikkenon, no surprise. He's not Ms. so don't expect a super charge through the field. He will be driving a frustrating race and if he does not make ground quickly he'll either put it in a different wall or hang his head and coast home in midfield some where, as is his way when the car or situation is not perfect.

Hamilton has talent no doubt but if it's not tempered with sobriety he'll end up in a wall some where also, you can only hang the back end of a car out so much.
He got away with it in quali ... but it was a case of pure luck more than car control. If he does not try to take his team mate out at the first turn, in his normal style, he may get tagged by Massa with a Ferrari strategy .... but I expect Alonso to put some manners on him and take the win .... Massa could surprise every one?!! That is .... except me, and no, I'm not a ferrari fan.

Ok .... let me alaborate. When I say 'take out' I mean, out of posistion not out of the game, as for the other 'strange' points yes he was doing what he ( Hamilton ) had to do to quallify well ....... but so was Kimi but he was unlucky are you getting it now? Regarding the remaining two points well, wait untill after the race.
Date: May 26, 2007 10:04PM
Posted by: calimbo
What a @#$%&! I couldn't see it. I'm so pissed at Fox Sports LA. Anyway.

I would love to see Alonso first and Hamilton 2nd, I don't care about the third one. This is because I think that if Hamilton wins this one, the hype is going to be huge, bigger than it's ever been with other drivers. I must say my fav driver this year is Lewis, but it's not fair to him to have all this hype around him. He's just beggining.
Date: May 27, 2007 12:44AM
Posted by: laurent
The hype is there just because he's a 'rookie' who's getting very nice results!!

I also think Hamilton 100% controls his car though... you see him sliding alot, but thats just his style (he did the same at other tracks).
I'm a only not sure if he'll make it 80 laps though. Not due to his slidings, but just because it's damn difficilt to get 80 laps without any mistake, especially when you're just beginning in F1.

I've always been a McLaren fan, so also a Kimi fan during the 2002-2006 period. The only thing I can say about him is that I'm not seeing the same kimi anymore this year..... I was really expecting much more of him :-s
Date: May 27, 2007 12:55AM
Posted by: Red Sam
Hamilton is doing really well. TBH people are saying this is his best chance for a win - i have been thinking that, with the track as it is, and his learning curve in F1, this is his best chance of a mistake. I wouldn't take anything away from him if he crashed out tomorrow - he is still mightily impressive!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 27, 2007 02:30AM
Posted by: calimbo
I agree with Red Sam. And also, even if he makes a mistake, I'll still support him
Date: May 27, 2007 02:46AM
Posted by: Slash
I was expecting a lot from Kimi, at least be fighting up there with the Mclarens,for tomorrow, Alonso is going for the win no doubt, i was impressed with massa's last lap tough, maybe he's more competitive with a havier car rather than a light one, we'll se tomorrow, and a shame for David, he spoil his own qualy and race, when i saw heikki so close to him coming out of the chicane and him not moving, i knew he'll get penalized, it was very stupid from him not to move, he could've been fighting up there with fisico i think
Date: May 27, 2007 06:04AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
laurent Wrote:
> I've always been a McLaren fan, so also a Kimi fan
> during the 2002-2006 period. The only thing I can
> say about him is that I'm not seeing the same kimi
> anymore this year..... I was really expecting much
> more of him :-s

Have to agree...I had hoped Monaco would provide a fresh start for him, but it seems not...
Date: May 27, 2007 07:12AM
Posted by: danm
14-5 odds of hamilton to crash out. Good odds I guess, and 50-1 Nico on the podium! Blimey!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy