Best F1 overtaking manoeuvre

Posted by barbos 
Re: Best F1 overtaking manoeuvre
Date: April 27, 2006 02:22PM
Posted by: marcl
yes sorry meant block like he did the lap before when the cars nearly touched infact according to mika they did touch and it damaged his front wing.
Date: April 27, 2006 02:45PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i think Mika's left-front could have touched MS' right-rear.

see here:

at about 33 seconds there might have been contact between wing and tyre or tyre and tyre.

look how much better Mika's car was at that stage of the race.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 27, 2006 06:08PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Zonta done nothing special. He moved to the right,
> lifted the throttle to let Schumacher pass. At the
> time he wouldnt be able to see Mika in the mirros.
> It was Mika that pulled it off, Zonta was just
> getting lapped. Nothing more.
>

Er yer of course - I find that highly unlikely - in my view zonta has seen mika and left room for him too, guessing what might happen. imho he would have moved further across if he had not seen mika or guessed what he was to do. He would have known mika was behind him, and probably would have seen him trying to make the move, or if he hadn't actually seen him trying to make the move, then he knew that mika was there and could possibly try and make a move at that corner, so therefore left the room.

And you also seemed to ignore this too, as marcl has also mentioned

Daniel says:
--------------------
> Zonta was the one who caused the move to work - if he hadn't have been there, we saw what would happen on the last lap.

H E L L O
Date: April 27, 2006 06:16PM
Posted by: marcl
they did touch and it damaged the end plate of the front wing.

MS car was set up for rain mika dry thats y he was so much fater than ms in a str8 line. Mika had to get on the breaks or he would have flown over the ferrari
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy