Hungarian GP *spoiler*

Posted by Lanky-Lad 
Re: Hungarian GP *spoiler*
Date: August 25, 2003 10:56AM
Posted by: matthewp
It's interesting to look at the fastest race laps:

8. Michael Schumacher: 1'23"207
9. Jenson Button: 1'23"376

If its all down to Bridgestone's why was Button able to almost match MS's best lap of the race?

Date: August 25, 2003 10:59AM
Posted by: marcl
Ellis.

Ms has pissed me off by the comments him and Todt have made about the move RS pulled on him.
Date: August 25, 2003 11:07AM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
Yeah, almost like all the other times other drivers have done it? :S

Even as good as walking bout like your some kind of god saying that someone tried to f**king kill him (good from MS anyway eh).

Jeez, stuff like drivers doing little singles happen day-in-day out, deal with it

Crikey i cant have a laugh at KR giving the bird to a jag driver now can i?

I reckon MS had every right to accuse DC of f*cking killing him. DC's a F1 driver, not some rep in a vauxhall vectra on the M5 trying to stop a higher paid rep in a BMW from passing him. Ive watched that clip over and over and i still cant decide why its MS's fault, but no doubt someone will put ne right.

Ill deal with it :)

Now you musnt laugh at this pic its highly serious!!!:)

Post Edited (08-25-03 18:09)

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 25, 2003 11:18AM
Posted by: Ali
I am very surprised about the "dislike" of Fernando Alonso, did you hear someting strange or did he behaves in an arrogant way (more than the other drivers...). I have a great respect for talent and it is ridiculous to read your words. I am sorry to tell that Alonso will probably win more races, not this year but in a near future.
I can't understand that some people still want the same sistem of the last year. I have been a F1 fan for long time and last year I missed a lot in the competition. The present sistem is great, the championship is not decided yet and imagine the last race of the year!!!
I hope will be kept and I think Renault+Alonso were the most competitive "pack" in Hungaroring.
Date: August 25, 2003 12:03PM
Posted by: Pooky
well said ALi,

i think it is only a very few minority that actually hold real grudges against any of the drivers.

yes people say they dont like him etc.,, but really they respect him

its just some people dont understand what these drivers have to indure, what they go thru, the pressure etc.

also some people are very quick to make up there minds on someone

like my dad, when he saw that C4 documentary that followed Irvine around in 1999, my dad thought Eddie was a smart alleck, cocky bastard etc.

but that was just a tv documentary following him around, and of course they want to portray Irvine like that, what they showed in that documentary was prob. 5% of all the video footage they shot when irv was being normal!!

Date: August 25, 2003 01:05PM
Posted by: matthewp
Juan Pablo Montoya:
Lap 60 1:23,933
Lap 61 1:23,484
Lap 62 1:34,711 (JPM spun)
Lap 63 1:23,335
Ralf Schumacher:
Lap 60 1:23,369
Lap 61 1:23,186
Lap 62 1:25,733;-)
Lap 63 1:23,062

now i'm aware that you're not implying anything oleg ;) (yawn)
but I thought you should read this story of F1 live:

Ralf suffered from brake problems and despite that, he tried to catch and pass his teammate at the end of the race. Patrick Head was aware of the situation and gave Ralf the permission to 'go for it'. A strange behavior, knowing how much was at stake for Montoya...

Date: August 25, 2003 01:15PM
Posted by: F1Crazy
I thought the Hungarian GP was fantastic; quite simply one of the best this season. My favourites this season are (in order of preference):

1.Brazilian GP
2.Hungarian GP
3.British GP
4.Spanish GP

The present sistem is great, the championship is not decided yet and imagine the last race of the year!!!

I totally agree with you Ali by the way!

Date: August 25, 2003 01:56PM
Posted by: Ellis
I am very surprised about the "dislike" of Fernando Alonso, did you hear someting strange or did he behaves in an arrogant way (more than the other drivers...). I have a great respect for talent and it is ridiculous to read your words. I am sorry to tell that Alonso will probably win more races, not this year but in a near future.

Alonso is talented, but cocky and apparently arrogent also

Brake testing DC in Nurburgring, and liying bout it along with Flav telling two different stories, and running through a yellow flag into a crash zone in Brzail and putting himself in the back on an ambulance.

Im quick to make up my mind becaise in less than a year he had managed this.

Hes fast, hes good, he can be WDC, but he really needs to stop and take a look. Yellow flags are there for a reason, you either obey them or one day ur gona be badly hurt

I reckon MS had every right to accuse DC of f*cking killing him. DC's a F1 driver, not some rep in a vauxhall vectra on the M5 trying to stop a higher paid rep in a BMW from passing him. Ive watched that clip over and over and i still cant decide why its MS's fault, but no doubt someone will put ne right.

Was never MS "fault". MS done nothing wrong, but then again, going by telemetry and radio recordings, the FIA said DC done nothing wrong either

DC did not attempt to "f**kin kill" michael, he pulled over, and Martin said its always best to let off and the car behind to pass because then he choses what hes doing, he gets the choice, taking blame from the lapped driver. Thats what brundel said he always tried to do also (of course thats not always possible depending on situation on track)

You say MS had the right to accuse him? Which means u must agree with MS thinking DC delbratly caused an accident?

Sry, not many ppl on todays grid glady cause accidents, but Michael is one of them, so thats rich from him. The biter has been bitten

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 25, 2003 02:02PM
You say MS had the right to accuse him? Which means u must agree with MS thinking DC delbratly caused an accident?

I never said that, your making stuff up there. Im saying he had the right to accuse him, as any normal person would in that situation, wouldnt you have done the same?

They seem to get on ok now

Date: August 25, 2003 02:21PM
Posted by: Ellis
erm, u said he had the right to accuse him

If DC DIDNT try to kill him, they he doesnt really have the right to accuse him does it?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 25, 2003 03:51PM
I give up.

In light of the situation, you or i or anyone would be right to accuse him at that time. Wether or not he meant it.

Once he'd calmed down and looked at the situation from two steps back, then he would have thought differently. No where did i say he thought DC did it deliberatly

Date: August 25, 2003 07:27PM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
you're an idiot. MS had every right to accuse him, right? that's what you said. so if DC tried to kill him, it was deliberate. oi numbnuts, if you try to do something, you are making a concious effort to achieve it.

so if DC tried to kill him, it must have been deliberate. It wasn't deliberate, he didn't try to kill him, MS was just a little worked up.

riiiiiiight.

and i agree that ferrari should just say - "we were slow today, one of our cars fell apart, then our precious champion got dicked. by nearly everybody."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Currently Driving: Watkins Glen Original
Current PB: 1:07.43
Using: Xbox Controller
Date: August 25, 2003 11:50PM
Posted by: calimbo
Vader, It seems that you don't analyse the race quite good, don't you?

JPM was catching KR before his spin, i Don't know in how much laps he took five seconds from Kimi, and he was doing regular times, since what i heard on the commentaries.

About the Strategy, well McLaren is not doing bad, and williams either. What happened in Germany? JPM almost lapped DC and he made a different strategy. What else do you have to say?

Yeah, kimi still can win the championship, as ralf can and Alonso too
Date: August 26, 2003 12:01AM
Posted by: calimbo
Fisico2k3

"hey calimbo, you just quoted somebody as saying everything can change so quickly...well what if mercedes reveal a 20,000RPM 995hp engine at monza, and **** all over BMW? okay, so maybe i'm going a lil over the top, but you get the idea, you quoted it yourself, everthing can change so quickly..."

I guess you saw last year's race in Monza, Right? well, you might saw that JPM broke a record with some shi* on the RPM, 19,050 if i'm not wrong for the first time in F1 in qualifying. In the race JPM couldn't catch the Ferraris nor keep the pace with them and RB and MS did a 1-2 and Irvine, in a bad car give fight on the race and was third...

"btw im a mclaren fan, and i dont appreciate Kimi being overlooked for the WDC these past few weeks..."

As I said to Vader, Kimi still can win the championship, as Ralf can and Alonso too.

"on another note, i was kinda sad that alonso won today (altho obviously happy for him), because he broke Bruce McLaren's record as youngest GP winner...and I'm a kiwi, so that made me a little sad....terrible grammar, sorry. Also, had Alonso spun, let Kimi past, and rejoined ahead of MS, Kimi would have another point toward that WDC...hehehe i was kinda hoping the whole time watching that race..."

In some way we agree with Alonso. We can make another race here. What happened in the race was seen on the final results, that's it. So, what would hapened if JPM haden't spun? Would he catch Kimi and Maybe Passed him? Give me a break...
Date: August 26, 2003 12:07AM
Alonso can not win the championship this year.

JPM might have caught Kimi with 1 lap to go but would not have got passed him there would not have been enough time.

In Germany though DC finished 2nd and was not lapped, in hungry MS finished 8th and was lapped and was on 3 stops as well as the others.
Date: August 26, 2003 12:42AM
Posted by: b-tone
Kimi still can win the championship, as Ralf can and Alonso too.
Alonso can not win the championship this year.

dc can too

____
Tony

Date: August 26, 2003 12:56AM
Just read autosport Ferrari have been slammed by the press and they are praising alonso saying he saved MS as if Kimi and JPM finished 1st and 2nd MS would not be leading anymore lol.

What a turn around we have seen, MS has only failed to finish once all year and yet both Kimi and JPM have failed to score in 2 races and are still close. Yes u can say its all due to the points system but the new system has helped MS in the last few races a year ago he would have got nothing in Hungry or Germany.
Date: August 26, 2003 02:27AM
Posted by: Pooky
you cant rule out kimi

remember nurburgring, when he was leding so well and the engine blew.

if hehad scored those 10 points, look where he would be now!!!!

Date: August 26, 2003 03:16AM
Posted by: Priddo
yeah but if MS had come second in germany it would be different too...can't stick to the what ifs...

Date: August 26, 2003 05:50AM
if JPm had not spun in Australia, not get hit in sepang not blown up in austria he would be way ahead.

Had kimi not messed up quali in spain and canada and not had the flat in canada and not had the engine blow plus not lost the win in brazil, and if he had not been knocked out of the german race he would also be miles ahead.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy