Hungarian GP *spoiler*

Posted by Lanky-Lad 
Re: Hungarian GP *spoiler*
Date: August 24, 2003 05:21PM
Posted by: Vader
I still think Kimi can win the championship. Don't count him out as long as he can drive.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 24, 2003 05:32PM
Posted by: calimbo
But Vader, could you tell me who has more chances to win the Championship? I think Montoya has them. He has a great car so far, MS not that much, and kimi doesn't have a good car since Nurburgring, McLaren haven't developed it since a long time now.
Date: August 24, 2003 06:13PM
I didn't know I was taking to someone who knows what McLaren - Mercedes are doing and what not. Excuse my ignorance.

Having a fast car is not all. As we have seen, strategy is important, too. If JPM and his Williams are so much better than Kimi and his McLaren, then why didn't they finish in front of Kimi today?

With a good strategy McLaren have still all chances to win both driver's and constructor's championship. Looking at the last races McLaren had the best strategy. They made DC finish 2nd at Hockenheim and Kimi 2nd (DC 5th) at Hungaroring. Williams got 21 points the from the last two races and McLaren scored 20. So much for "total domination of the field".

I am not saying it is going to be easy for Kimi. I just said I think he can still win it.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 24, 2003 07:51PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
BMW does not have that much more power than Ferrari or McLaren. Ferrai have kept up to speed with them in every straight line I've seen this year and last year.

Monza and Suzuka I predict will be Ferrari.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: August 24, 2003 08:19PM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
hey calimbo, you just quoted somebody as saying everything can change so quickly...well what if mercedes reveal a 20,000RPM 995hp engine at monza, and **** all over BMW? okay, so maybe i'm going a lil over the top, but you get the idea, you quoted it yourself, everthing can change so quickly...

btw im a mclaren fan, and i dont appreciate Kimi being overlooked for the WDC these past few weeks...

on another note, i was kinda sad that alonso won today (altho obviously happy for him), because he broke Bruce McLaren's record as youngest GP winner...and I'm a kiwi, so that made me a little sad....terrible grammar, sorry. Also, had Alonso spun, let Kimi past, and rejoined ahead of MS, Kimi would have another point toward that WDC...hehehe i was kinda hoping the whole time watching that race...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Currently Driving: Watkins Glen Original
Current PB: 1:07.43
Using: Xbox Controller
Date: August 24, 2003 08:20PM
Posted by: kpiotrow
the race sucked, all because of the new spastic qualifying system, renault should not have been on pole. thats the only reason alonso won. iv been wondering why other teams dont go light in qualifying and drive away at the start of the race. i dont like alonso, hes not a likeable character. he seems arrogant, remember in spain, how he kept waiving his fist at anyone in his way during the race? also brake testing at nurburg. i hope thats the only win of his career, at the stupidest track of them all, hungaroring. that was the biggest load of **** when everyone was lined up behind webber, and no overtaking was possible. if it was monza, everyone would have slipstreamed webber, and we would have had a good race.
Date: August 24, 2003 08:24PM
Posted by: Fisico2k3
hey dude who do you support in F1?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Currently Driving: Watkins Glen Original
Current PB: 1:07.43
Using: Xbox Controller
Date: August 25, 2003 12:08AM
Posted by: b-tone
the race sucked, all because of the new spastic qualifying system, renault should not have been on pole. thats the only reason alonso won. iv been wondering why other teams dont go light in qualifying and drive away at the start of the race.

yeah, wa*ker. how dare he win like that. ms should be promoted and alonso banned for life for having a good strategy.

i dont like alonso, hes not a likeable character. he seems arrogant,

hes a bit of character in a bleak time. kimi and jpm were a bit sad on the podium.

hope thats the only win of his career

well, i doubt he'll win any more. the previous youngest winner (bruce, not troy) didn't go on to anything greater. hopefully alonso will just fade away.

when everyone was lined up behind webber, and no overtaking was possible

yeah, what rights he got to do that. why can't he just pull over and let the other guys pass him. its too much to expect todays drivers to take risks just for the sake of winning races.

and we would have had a good race.

boring! hopefully at monza we have a decent race. rubens pulling over on the line for ms to win by 2 laps to the next car. williams and mclarens all crash.
that'd be better

:(

____
Tony

Date: August 25, 2003 12:18AM
webber had every right to hold them up and do his own race, but the stupid qulifying and the stupid hungaroring were at fault. thats what im complaining about. i support juan montoya, kimi raikonnen and mark webber
Date: August 25, 2003 12:21AM
Posted by: marcl
But ferrari fans did not mind when MS held up Mika in sepang 1999 or EE was made to hold mika up in 1998. Seems to me that some people like it when ferrari are leading and someone is holding up other cars then its fine but when its someone else leading then its not ok. And i have a nasty feeling that Rubens is gonna help decide the WC they way he is driving at the moment, the FIA need to have a word with him as he is dangerous there were 2 things he done in the race that could have had Kimi off. He moved twice of the start line, then cut the chicane trying to pass webber when he let webber passed he was all over the track trying to keep kimi back.

I wonder what ferrari would have done if rubens was still running at the end of the race, MS would have been 9th and rubens was ahead of him as he has been since silverstone.

Webber held his ground and drove a great race, he qualified well so he had every right to be in 2nd place, its part of racing. Even if kimi or jpm were racing alonso do u think they would have even tried to pass, i do not think so why risk it for 2 more points. Kimi could have passed webber on a number of ocations but backed out of it.

There is nothing wrong with that merc engine on the power side, who got pole and was leading the race at the european GP and that is meant to be a power circuit.

Ferrari will not win at monza, they will lose out in the traction areas and corners, they will probably have to run more downforce to compenstate for their tyre and car probs

Post Edited (08-25-03 08:25)

Date: August 25, 2003 02:25AM
Posted by: Ali
Well, I'll join to you in predictions and I think that Williams will win in Monza. Ferrari will not be as slow as in Hungary but I simply think that will not be enough. Renault will be again after the big three.

In Indianapolis Williams will be again the one to beat. Renault could do it well in the infield and loss the advantage in the straight. Schumacher is usually strong in Indianapolis, but I don't know what can happen with the present situation and if he will be able toreduce the advantage of Michelin.

In Suzuka I think Schumacher could do it well and I think will be his opportunity to win the champ. If Renault is as strong as in the last two or three races, can be a surprise in Japan, specially Alonso, who did a superb race there with Minardi two years ago.

McLaren will be there in those three races, always taking profit of every situation like Kimi in Hungary.

The second driver can take an important role. Ralf will not help Montoya but Barrichello will help Michael indeed as Coulthard will do with Kimi, so in this aspect, Montoya has a little disadvantage. Anyway, he has the best car.
Date: August 25, 2003 03:16AM
Posted by: chrislewis
And i have a nasty feeling that Rubens is gonna help decide the WC they way he is driving at the moment, the FIA need to have a word with him as he is dangerous there were 2 things he done in the race that could have had Kimi off. He moved twice of the start line, then cut the chicane trying to pass webber when he let webber passed he was all over the track trying to keep kimi back.

Well its racing isnt it? Racings dangerous so get over it.

Date: August 25, 2003 03:17AM
Posted by: Pooky
what a pathetic statement from kpiotrow!

you really have got some problems havent you?

theres nothing much more to add really.

your statement just shows how pathetically sad you really are. basing all those accustaions about alonso on what exactly??

you are either jealous, a miserable sod, or just plain stupid.

Date: August 25, 2003 03:51AM
Am I the only one to think we saw a good race at Hungaroring?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 25, 2003 03:58AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Hold on! I know I missed the start :( But when I was watching (around lap 8-12) Webber wasn't holding anyone up except Raikkonen! If anything, he and Raikkonen were pulling away from them!

I also have to say, I dislike Alonso, I dunno why! Theres something about him that I just don't like! Yet he drove a brilliant Qualifying and Race! dominated! So well done to him for that!

I agree Vader! It was a great race! Not exacly the best this season but still a great race!

Post Edited (08-25-03 10:59)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: August 25, 2003 04:02AM
Posted by: b-tone
it was a good race.
alonso pulling away
ralf spinning
rubens disintegrating
ralf going thru the field
a few engines blown
flavio hiding his cigarette
ralf passing ms
ralf passing.
lots of pitstops
a new winner
ms getting 8th

silverstone and brazil were good too.

____
Tony

Date: August 25, 2003 04:12AM
Posted by: Pooky
i throught it was a very exciting race

Date: August 25, 2003 05:16AM
Posted by: Natazone
Michael is lapped - it's the sign of new era. Not Renault or McLaren or Williams or someone's else era. It's time for Michelin era.
I think it's better for Ferrari to replace Bridgestone by Michelin tyres. If not it could be very hard to catch Williams, McLaren & Renault in near future. Everything that could help Scuderia to win this championship is only bad weather. 'Cause there is no doubt, that Michael & Rubens will have a hard time in Monza, USA & Japan.

==========================================================
NATAZONE OFFICIAL WEBSITE - ||| now.by.ru |||
NATAZONE'S GP3-2000 PAGE:
||| gp3.now.by.ru ||| or ||| natazone.narod.ru/gp3.htm |||
NOW AZLK 2004 with Gordeev and Panin :)
Date: August 25, 2003 05:28AM
i think powerhorse is the pathetic fu**ing jealous, plain stupid, miserable sod. anyone can have an oppinion and thats mine, thats what you do in forums. and if you flame me for that, then go and eat a di*k, maybe alonsos would taste good for you.
Date: August 25, 2003 05:37AM
Posted by: andrew_S
Am I the only one to think we saw a good race at Hungaroring?

it was a great race, facinating concerning the permitations for the championship

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy