Hungarian GP *spoiler*

Posted by Lanky-Lad 
Re: Hungarian GP *spoiler*
Date: August 24, 2003 08:55AM
Posted by: Ali
"...i felt pretty angry when I saw Alonso jumping in the podio like MS"

What does that mean????!!!!!! Are we complaining about talent??? They are two different guys.
Personally I am happy to see that there's life after MS. F1 needed ultra-talented drivers and hopefully Alonso will led a new generation with Kimi and perhaps Webber and Montoya... That's very good for F1 and we sould be happy for that.

Date: August 24, 2003 09:22AM
Posted by: Pooky
what a brilliant, awesome, mega display of driving talent by alonso!!

didnt i say a renault would get pole and win!!!! haha - i was right.

CDNMerlin - you obviously are NOT an F1 fan, so piss off. Sorry to sound harsh, but it annoys me when people downgrade this F1 season, and this race. it is brilliant

now we are in for such a close championship fight

Date: August 24, 2003 09:45AM
Posted by: Guimengo
What about Rubens' great luck?
He tried to overtake Webber too early, lost breaking point on the dune, I mean, sand, lost 2 positions, and then, Ralph Firman's dejavù! But much more serious than in Interlagos....Luckily Rubinho as all right after the crash :)
By the way, DAMN IT!!!!!!!

Post Edited (08-24-03 17:22)
Date: August 24, 2003 09:45AM
Posted by: Zcott
CDN_Merlin is, in a way, right. Sure, Webber was slow. But he was unpassable. If the Williams cars or Raikkonen had run in second, I don't think Fernando would have had as big a gap as he did. But that doesn't mean Fernando was slow! He was still mega!

Date: August 24, 2003 10:16AM
Posted by: marcl
Rubens needs a good slap the way he is driving. He moved twice at the start to keep Kimi behind then done a bonzi move on Webber and nearly had kimi off again by weaving. He should be dropped 10 places at the next race for dangerous driving i just hope he does not have title condenders off the road.

Great drive by Alonso but RS was stunning after his bad 1st lap. He over took so many cars and the way he done the sleeping MS was funny.

I really enjoyed the race the best one at hungry since 1990 the track mods worked a treat.

So 3 races left we are in for a stunning end of year, who will win no one knows but i do not think it will be MS that ferrari is slow and its not just the tyres.
Date: August 24, 2003 10:21AM
I think the track still sucks (a lot, like many other crappy tracks still in calendar!), but the race was ok. Still no overtaking where it really counts! I know, except for a couple ones, but the only real one was Ralf over a slow Bridgestone Schumi :(
FIA, don't change rules so much! Instead, change the tracks!

Date: August 24, 2003 10:55AM
The race i saw had alot of over taking
Date: August 24, 2003 10:57AM
Posted by: Oleg
Mostly done by Ralf.;):-o

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: August 24, 2003 11:03AM
I know it had (Ralf, Da Matta), but I mean IMPORTANT ones!
Peace out! Gone to college!

Date: August 24, 2003 11:06AM
I think kimi could have got passed Webber but did not wanna risk it can u blame him, i also think JPM could have got MS but again did not wanna risk it

Ferrari have said they do not know what caused Rubens problem i bet it was the button they press when he is ahead of MS, if rubens finished MS would have been 9th lol.

Post Edited (08-24-03 18:24)

Date: August 24, 2003 11:30AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

i reckon rubans suspension collaps was due to uintested components. my theory is they test all parts on Rubans car and if they dont work they dont care

Date: August 24, 2003 11:32AM
When they 1st tested the car they had a lot of susspension problems dont know if thats one of them
Date: August 24, 2003 11:35AM
Posted by: Oleg
Ferrari have said they do not know what caused Rubens problem i bet it was the button they press when he is ahead of MS, if rubens finished MS would have been 9th lol.

Flame #1

i reckon rubans suspension collaps was due to uintested components. my theory is they test all parts on Rubans car and if they dont work they dont care

Flame #2

It was a serious accident ffs,and you're making fun of it.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: August 24, 2003 11:51AM
Posted by: Todays_Horse

How mad is that! That was more than any ordinary suspension failure, ive never seen one like that before. More like transmission, or driveshafts, or somthing else that took the suspension with it.

they dont care do they? Ferrari are prepared to put RB's life on the line so that MS may find a tenth or two with new components? Your mad m8, thats silly. They need RB more than ever to take points off others. Although they have a new spoiler by the name of Fernando Alonso, who unwittingly kept KR and the others from the top off the championship. They've got over the 'crap' tracks and still lead the championship, hopefully ferrari will be back in the hunt at monza, indy and at MS's other home track, suzuka. Although i still think JPM will snatch it at the last.

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 24, 2003 12:16PM
the rear suspension arms are attached to the gearbox/transmission casing as that is a load bearing structure.

i dont believe the transmission casing and structure failed, i just think it was a similar fatigue crack or malfunctioned join that made it go pop.

Date: August 24, 2003 12:27PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
Ralph had the best drive today I find since he had to battle from 19th to what 4th? Alonso was given the win because no one could pass Webber, this happened with MS back in Japan 2001? when he led by 8 sec after 3-4 laps or so cause the rest of the crew were being held up by #2 guy.

Nothing has changed this year because of the rules, they have changed because the teams have made a bigger leap forward than Ferrari have.

Hungary is still a boring track with no passing. AKA Monaco.

These tracks should all be scrapped and bring in some new tracks.

Also, they should scrap traction control and launch control. Man, even a monkey could drive today's F1 cars.

Bring back the good ole days where the drivers had to wrestle their cars to victory.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: August 24, 2003 12:34PM
i still reckon alonso could have won without webber in the way

altho it would have been very very close between ralf / kimi and alonso

of course for ralf - only if he had not spun dopwn to last

Date: August 24, 2003 12:42PM
Posted by: genesis
Ralph didn't even drive in today's race Merlin. If you mean Ralf, how can you praise his drive when he was the one who made the mistake to slip so far back in the first place? He made a poor start (yes he was on the dirty side, but take a look at Trulli's awesome start from the dirty side) and then he spun because he was desperate to leap up the positions straight away.

Anyway as I said, it's hard to call a Michelin-shod Williams against Jordan / BAR / Sauber Bridgestone runners as 'battles'!

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: August 24, 2003 01:01PM
Posted by: andrew_S
i can see what hes saying, ok, its close for the championship, but at many rounds have had a good old dice, as they say, a straight fight, between the championship contenders in a race, its been a good championship yes, but the racing has still been relativly poor in comparison tyres or something other meaning the race is a cert for 1 or another team, really, and an example of what i mean is mansell vs senna at monza 91, a straight race long fight, between the 2 title contenders, we havent really seen that this season still, its quite hard to explain, also, racing with the electonic gismos, is making a mockery of what should be a drivers sport, thats the opinion i also share, and i feel merlin means this but could have worded it better

just a note before powerhorse looses his rag again, this does not mean i havent enjoyed this season... also im entitled to my opinion just as merlin is

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: August 24, 2003 01:14PM
Posted by: Vader
1. Hungaroring is very bumpy, even the new parts are.

2. Webber did slow down the field, otherwise Kimi would have given Alonso a run for his money. Still Alonso would have won today, anyway.

3. @ Oleg :

testing ban hurt,but now there are 2 weeks to get something back.

No, they have 3 weeks.

4. Don't ever say again Hungaroring is boring and they should cancel the race. It was one of the most exciting races this year so far (and we have already seen a lot of great races this year).

5. Hungary is still a boring track with no passing. AKA Monaco.

This makes absolutely no sense. Since when is Hungary also known as (AKA) Monaco?

Post Edited (08-24-03 20:15)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy