Hungarian GP *spoiler*

Posted by Lanky-Lad 
Re: Hungarian GP *spoiler*
Date: August 24, 2003 01:19PM
Posted by: Oleg
No, they have 3 weeks.

I don't count shakedowns.So basically 2 weeks real testing,3 on the calender.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: August 24, 2003 02:13PM
Posted by: Pooky
hehe
sorry to lose my rag, but my love for F1 is soo strong, that when people put it down i get annoyed

Date: August 24, 2003 02:15PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
Hungary AKA Monaco

What I mean is that there is only one or two spots to overtake and even that is hard to do unless you are kissing the ass of the person in front of you.

WTF you mean this race was exciting Vader?

Silverstone was the most awesome race in YRS. Most of the other races were boring. No passing cept in the pits.

Kinda makes me think of hockey and the game is won in the dressing room.

To me, the new rules have done nothing to excite the races. I've read so many places now that the new qualifing sucks badly. From drivers, commentators, ex drivers, owners etc. They all hate it.

No one goes full out anymore in qualifing. It's boring as hell and the numbers at the track show this. I'm sure if you take a look at all the tracks this year and find out how many ppl attended, you'll notice a drop in sales not an increase.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: August 24, 2003 02:15PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
the rear suspension arms are attached to the gearbox/transmission casing as that is a load bearing structure.

i dont believe the transmission casing and structure failed, i just think it was a similar fatigue crack or malfunctioned join that made it go pop.

Im not disputing this, im just saying ive never seen a rear suspension failure which causes the wheel and shaft to be forced out of its housing with so much force. Usually the suspension collapses, putting the car into a spin, but leaves all the gubbins attached to the car via the links on the arms which are still intact. In this case, the wheel literally exploded out of the car taking the suspension with it.

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 24, 2003 02:21PM
Posted by: Oleg
Kinda makes me think of hockey and the game is won in the dressing room.

It sometimes can be.

Everything in the past is better than today.It's true,I read it on the internet.
Date: August 24, 2003 02:28PM
Posted by: Imran
Williams cars were fastest on track today,Montoya and Ralf had mega middle part of the race, setting blisteringly hot laps!,but still even without webber in the mix,im not sure if raikkonen would have been able to beat alonso,as alonso was prob the 3rd quickest guy out there,and the williams spins ruled them out.
Great drive from alonso got the most out of his car even if he was not the quickest hi lack of mistakes and consistency made it an awesome drive.

However im probably gonna be wrong about this but i predict he wont win another race til 2005 as the next 3 races are power tracks,and renault have a new enginge for next year meaning it will probably be a development year for them,
Still great drive today

Title fight is all down to tyres and reliabilty now
Im going for montoya

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: August 24, 2003 02:50PM
Title fight is all down to tyres and reliabilty now

unless it rains at monza, indy, and suzuka

Date: August 24, 2003 03:16PM
yeah,well thats down to tyres as well

Date: August 24, 2003 03:21PM
I thought it was more to do with clouds and weather fronts. But yes, bridgestone did have a better rain tyre, though we havent seen much of it since god knows when

Date: August 24, 2003 03:31PM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
I say BMW or Ferrari for Monza, Ferrari for Indy and Suzuka.

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: August 24, 2003 03:56PM
brave man to predict ferrari victory,hungaroring is tight and twisty,ferrrari didnt do well,hockenheim fast and open, ferrari were trashed by williams,even befor ms had his puncture he was 1 minute behind JPM and DC was catching him

Date: August 24, 2003 04:13PM
Posted by: Zcott
I suspect a Ferrari victory is on the cards at Suzuka, but I'm not sure about Indianapolis or Monza. Monza should suit the Williams boys, but that Ferrari engine is almost as good now.

Not sure about Indianapolis. Ferrari have gone well there in the past, but that's only because they've had the best car. It'd be great to see JPM win at Indianapolis again, that's for sure!

Date: August 24, 2003 04:45PM
williams will win at monza.

williams will win at indianapolis

williams will win at suzuka

but i dont know which williams

i ask you all out there, to quote me back on this when this happens

i know i will be right!!!!

Date: August 24, 2003 04:47PM
Posted by: Leigh Abbott
I suspect a Ferrari victory is on the cards at Suzuka, but I'm not sure about Indianapolis or Monza. Monza should suit the Williams boys, but that Ferrari engine is almost as good now.

I agree with at Indianapolis as it's a twisty track that Williams will beat the Ferrari's as they don't seem to have as much speed as the Williams around corners.

Date: August 24, 2003 04:51PM
Posted by: genesis
I reckon we'll see an F1 car win at Monza, Indianopolis and Suzuka, I just don't kno which one.

Quote me on this people, I know I'm right! ;)

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: August 24, 2003 04:56PM
Posted by: calimbo
Ok, but know, who do u think should had given Alonso a great fight if ti wasn't because of Webber, Kimi, Ralf or JPM?

For me, it was JPM, not because i'm his fan, but 'cause he did the fastest lap of the race and you could see that in the pistops that he passed everybody doing some great laps when there wasn't anybody in front of him, just before his stop.
Date: August 24, 2003 04:56PM
oi!

williams will win all the remaining races

they all need power - bmw

and the williams chassis is now sorted, plus they got michelins

i dont see mclaren having enough pace altho it will be close

Date: August 24, 2003 05:05PM
Powerhorse, I will be more worried about Suzuka and Monza than Indy, you know? Ferrari seems to have more straight speed than the rest (that's an advantage in Monza) and they have lots of testing in Monza as well for tyres, so they sould be strong again. Suzuka is quite similar to Silverstone, and Ferrari won there because the F2003 goes pretty good in fast curves and the FW25 doesn't... I really don't know what to thing
Date: August 24, 2003 05:05PM
Posted by: andrew_S
and i bet youve put the kiss of death on them :~(

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: August 24, 2003 05:11PM
On who? Williams? No. As i said i'm JPM's fan. It would be great if he wins the championship, but you don't know what's going to happen.

There's some famous words in this sport "everything change so quick..."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy