The Chinese Grand Prix Thread *** EXPECT SPOILERS!!!***

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
LOL @ This is f1 I THINK

kimi flat spotted his own tyre JV did not he just did not get out the way.
Alonso made a mistake in that race.

Re: The Chinese Grand Prix Thread *** EXPECT SPOILERS!!!***
Date: October 18, 2005 05:18PM
Posted by: danm
get get get get overrr it!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
so tell me how much reliblity is related to the stuff above,so plz stop saying Renault deserved it...

Renault deserve it because their drivers didn't do silly mistakes, and their cars didn't break. simple as that.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Mwah , the Mclaren drivers didn't made mistakes to , but Renault has the most points so they where the best .

well JPM got black flagged at Canada for ignoring the red light at the end of the pitlane, he cut Tiago up at Turkey,and he wasn't aware of his surroundings when Pizza ran into him at Spa.

the first 2 were avoidable, and the 3rd is debatable, but still there were some things JPM could have done to help McLarens effort more.

Hmm , you are right but in Canada Mclaren Decided to drive trough not Juan .

the point is, that the McLaren drivers have done more things wrong that the Renault drivers (Alonso crashed out at Canada and Fisi messed up at Suzuka, but they are the only ones I can remember).

HakkinenF1 is finding all manner of excuses why McLaren were cheated/robbed of both titles, but the fact is they as a team (whether that be the engine dept. or drivers) messed up together, therefore it is valid to say that Renault deserve the titles.

if Kimi is leading and his engine fails, and Alonso goes on to win, you can't say he and Renault don't deserve it because they would have only been 2nd had the McLaren not failed.

the fact that their car could last the whole race means they do deserve it, but HakkF1 won't see it that way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2005 10:55PM by Muks_C.
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mwah , the Mclaren drivers didn't made mistakes to

really? so was it perhaps Connie driving the Mp4-20 at Germany,qualifying? Cause ofcourse Mclaren drivers dont make mistakes so it simply couldnt have been JPM!

Maybe it was Sebastian!
i know...i know...my replies are just for those who see that Mclaren should improve there reliblity,i was just showing them that reliblity was not there main problem,

Muks_C siad
======================
HakkinenF1 is finding all manner of excuses why McLaren were cheated/robbed of both titles, but the fact is they as a team (whether that be the engine dept. or drivers) messed up together, therefore it is valid to say that Renault deserve the titles.
================================

my point exactly...Renault didn't win....Mclaren was the one who lost.
its like saying that if Irvine won the 1999,he deserved it.
----------------
think about it,
if any team which finish seconde all the time,and only first when his contender fails,and then we say that he deserved it,so when the hec a team dosn't deserve it,why do we have the (he deserved it ) term in the first place.
that means any team who wins a title what ever the conditions are he will derserve it.

-------------------------
gooooz fra ba

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2005 04:08AM by Hakkinenf1.

[www.formula1.com]

gooooz fra ba
Re: The Chinese Grand Prix Thread *** EXPECT SPOILERS!!!***
Date: October 19, 2005 08:50AM
Posted by: Ali
"...if any team which finish seconde all the time,and only first when his contender fails..." But this happened only during some races. Alonso won many races with McLarens on track, so this is valid for some part of the season.

According to 1999 season. I agree that Irvine was not match for Hakkinen from drivers point of view, but if he had won the champ, how can we say he didn't deserve it? He did some good races having a lot of help from the team so I think 1999 was a tremendous effort from Ferrari to be there and they almost got it! Remember that Mika did very stupid mistakes that season (Imola and Monza when he was leading), so he put himself into trouble that season. Anyway, reat season 99 was.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if someone wins a race, championship etc. without cheating they deserve it, end of, even if the only thing they did right was not getting it wrong. The winner of the championship is the driver/team with most points. Alonso and Renault got the most points so, shokc, they deserved to win, it's in the rules.
Was this the first season that points were handed out at the end of the race? In previous years did the positions in the middle of the race count for something? If this was the case then I must have missed something.
Whilst the Mclaren was quicker over one lap and possibly 20, the cunning foxies at Renault read the rules (foxies reading?) and found out that points were given out at the end of the race when some minor local celeb waved a flag (or didn't in the case of pele). Therefore their car usually got there.
The Mclaren in contrast gave it's drivers plenty of parking practice.
Whilst I wanted Mclaren to win I have to admit that the Renault must have been a better OVERALL car as it won both titles, (even with Fisi in one car).

I walk through walls and inanimate obstacles
By educed a reduction of cells and molecules

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2005 01:00AM by mp4-dave.
I think its safe to unsticky this thread now. Thanks for joining in :-)

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
you're right MP4-Dave, Renault had the best *overall* package.

it might not have had the outright top speed or laptime compared to the McLaren (although they clawed it back at some races, like China) but it had the reliability which is just as important, if not more so. but some people automatically think because it is the *fastest* it is the best, even if it can't finish the race.

in china kimi used the same engine as in japan renault had a brand new engine made for one race that helped them a great deal.
but thats another thing that shows Renault have been better. in a 19 race season, with engines lasting 2 races each, *every* car/driver should have had a new engine for China (if they had not suffered any engine failures throughout the season, obviously). but with all McLarens/Kimi's failures, they were out of sync. again, Renault should be applauded for their (general) reliability, not put down as having an unfair advantage cos Kimi had a race-old engine and Alonso had a new one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy