The Chinese Grand Prix Thread *** EXPECT SPOILERS!!!***

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
Check this out:

Raikkonen could have a new record in Formula 1, not a sweet record, but a harsh record. If he wins this weekend's race, he's going to be the driver with more victories and no championship in a season. Right now he's tied with Prost with seven victories and no championship, that was in 1984. If he wins, it's going to be 8 victories.

I don't want to hurt Raikkonen's feelings, cause i'm Raikkonen and Montoya's fan, but i think this would be interesting

Re: The Chinese Grand Prix Thread *** EXPECT SPOILERS!!!***
Date: October 14, 2005 09:10AM
Posted by: chet
and he WILL get it :)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
special BAR livery looky:

[www.f1racing.net]

RTL video text reported that apprently Coca Cola is not looking for a team to sponsor, but want to sponsor the whole series. This means that F1 may be called "The Coca Cola Formula One Championship". Apparently Bernie has confirmed there have been talks wioth many companies and Coca Cola was one of them. If it was about buying the series has not been confirmed, however it hasn't been denied either.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
[www.f1racing.net]

Coke set for title sponsorship

If reports in the German press are to be believed, there may soon be a whole lot more soft drink in the formula one paddock. 'Bild' newspaper says American beverage giant Coca-Cola is negotiating with F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone about becoming a title sponsor for the entire world championship.

For the first time in the sport's 55-year history, then, F1 would add a brand name to its official title and be known as the 'Coca-Cola FIA F1 World Championship'. The numbers being touted amount to a staggering $156m per year.
--------------

Seems a bit low for a year's sponsorship, by Bernie's usual monetary demands. This guy normally try's to fleece for all he can.

Personally, I don't like the idea of F1 having a title sponsorship. It's never been like that before, and if they go down that way, it will detract from the sport, as there will be lots of companies trying to get to be the top dog. Also, I hope it doesn't get too political if it goes that way, with companies thinking they can control the sport, just because their name is "top billing".

Laters,

Montana_UK

thank god i've got my real life to fall back on if this comes about.

it would probably be the end of rbr and rbr2.

____
Tony

OMG that bar livery is absoultely discusting

I think it's rather "disgusting".

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
I don't like the title sponsor idea either.

F1 should be its own entity, not another vehicle for one of the biggest brands in the world to advertise itself further.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Title sponsorship for the entire series won't make a huge differance, all of the teams and every race on the calendar has its own title sponsor (Foster's British Grand Prix and Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro for example) but no one really cares.

As for the RBR thing, Budweiser sponsored Williams at the aforementioned Foster's British Grand Prix yet somehow the world didn't implode.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2005 03:33PM by Race_Monkey.
iceman kimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> special BAR livery looky:
>
>
>
>
>

Whaha , UGLY

bar finish as they started... with a mishmash livery

Lol, so true, I wonder if they will finish with a double DNF, just like they started.

keiran Wrote:
> McLaren team stuff is worth a fortune because
> McLaren wont see it to the public so your only way
> to get a hold of it is through employes, most
> likely former ones
>
> We often have used team shirts (why you would want
> a used team shirt god knows :p) but the McLaren
> one we sold it for £400.
>
> I wander how this guy is getting a hold of this
> stuff. If he is an ex emplyee or he is just
> stealing it from work
>

Where do you work if you dont mind me asking?

Maybe the eBay seller is Pooky. In which case I'll have a Ron style Leather jacket LOL

In truth Im sure its someone at the suppliers rather than McLaren

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2005 08:12PM by Nemesis78.
I believe Keiran works in an F1 memorabilia shop.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
whoa, someone dropped the ball when they penned those colours on that livery. normally 555 cars (subaru's, 04 bar 3rd car, half of the 99 bar car) look cool but they cant do that because you're not alowed to change a livery mid season...:(
That brings me onto another subject, why do the FIA have such petty rules as "cannot change general livery of car during season"? There's no benefit whatsoever, I'm sure most fans love seeing "one-off" cars at certain GP. We could be seeing a lovely blue and yellow 555 BAR this weekend but thanks to a useless rule we've got what is quite a monstrosity.
Zyklef Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That brings me onto another subject, why do the
> FIA have such petty rules as "cannot change
> general livery of car during season"? There's no
> benefit whatsoever, I'm sure most fans love seeing
> "one-off" cars at certain GP. We could be seeing a
> lovely blue and yellow 555 BAR this weekend but
> thanks to a useless rule we've got what is quite a
> monstrosity.

A other question , if you don't may change so many things at a livery , why did Red Bull drove with a special livery at the Monaco GP ?

I guess they could argue it was fundamentally the same livery but with Star Wars images on it.
well keiran, if that is a mclaren employee selling it then he will be sacked for sure

and quiet rightly. making money from stealing it from work.

i know that they monitor the internet for things like that so maybe they are on his case - also ebay website is banned on our computers at work
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy