2012 Hungarian Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by madotter 
Re: 2012 Hungarian Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: July 28, 2012 08:35PM
Posted by: EC83
Anyone else thinking this might be Lotus's race to lose?

Date: July 28, 2012 09:24PM
Posted by: Morbid
mitadumapaga Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.wetter.net]
>
>
> and thats the link of course :D:d

2% chance of rain. Erhh what?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 28, 2012 09:53PM
Posted by: Frantic
just searched in Windguru and it says its gonna rain 0.6 mm/3h at 14hs and 0.7 mm/3h at 17hs... how much rain is that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2012 10:01PM by Frantic.
Date: July 28, 2012 11:47PM
Posted by: Isaint
Hope there is rain but I really don't know. Think that Lewis could take this one but I have a feeling that it will largely depend on strategy and tyre behaviour. Lotus have a good chance but I expect that they will not maintain their grid position.
I think there will be plenty of jockying for position at the start but when it all levels out ( barring rain ) the usual suspects will emerge Mclaren Ferrari and Red Bull.
I dont think that any of the other teams are really near enough to trouble them, in terms of performance.
Yes Lotus is up there but I put it down to the nature of the circuit and track temp. In a full race I still don't think that lotus is quick enough to mix it with the top dogs. Plus Grosjean makes too many mistakes for me.
To be fair I just think that Lotus are just mimicking what Mercedes did for a while showing promise and flexing their muscles but they wont really last the distance.
Talking about Mercedes, if Schumacher quits at the end of the season I hope Mercedes as a team follows his lead and does the same thing they are pathetic. IMO

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
I kind of hope for rain also. Funny I have been feeling like crap for the last few days and was dozing off and on during quali, I think I missed all of Q2 session. I cant remeber the last time I missed F1 qualifying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2012 12:00AM by RenaultFan.
Date: July 29, 2012 09:31AM
Posted by: marcl
I bet Lewis is worried about who is starting next to him, cannot see him leading into turn 1 tbh.

As for RbR they finally found the switch that people have been talking about for years then.
Given the relative histories of the front row starters, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Button or Vettel leading out of turn 1 ;)

Date: July 29, 2012 12:24PM
Posted by: IWE
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> Isaint Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Breaking news:
> > switch found in Red Bulls car ......
> assumptions
> > are that they have been using it to adjust ride
> > height. No statement from Horner yet, spreading
> > round the paddock like wildfire.
> > But no official clarification yet.
>
> He'll smarm his way out of it...the slimy git.

Seems like he won't as FIA doesn't seem to beleave what he is saying and they have finally sealed those adjustment holes. ;)

That picture is from yesterdaya nd found from here: [community.futuremark.com]

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Morbid Wrote:

>
> 2% chance of rain. Erhh what?

must have updated throughout the day. as i watched it, it showed 50 percent or something.
Date: July 29, 2012 01:35PM
Posted by: gav
Edit: reply aimed at IWE's post

The assumption being that it changes ride-height between the qualifying (light fuel load) and the race? If it's simple, then presumably during pit-stops too, as the fuel burns off?

If so, you'd have thought they'd be noticeably slower at the start of the race in comparison to their rivals compared to qualifying, yet it's the other way around - if Vettel leads into the first corner, he's normally a second or so faster for the opening laps.

Plus, if it's adjustable during the pit-stops, then they'd again be noticeably quicker as the went on, but that's not really been the case, has it? I've certainly not detected it. Yes, Vettel overtook Button in the last stint at Hockenheim, but McLaren generally became slower at the end of the stints, which is presumably as simple as wearing its tyres quicker (something that might have been expected given the limited time they'd had to tune their new aero package, so that might be fixed for today).

As for the weather, the BBC forecast on the live text commentary for rain is a 40% chance around the start of the race, a 50% chance at the hour point and a 60% chance if the race was still on after two hours. Pretty slim really, as even if it rains lightly, there's so much heat it will just burn straight off, so it needs to be a decent shower for it to have any real impact. As that's the most optimistic forecast I've seen for rain, I'm expecting a fully dry race.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2012 01:39PM by gav.
Date: July 29, 2012 03:24PM
No chance of rain in the end, strangely enough. Still, these last few laps could be awesome. Go Kimi!!

Date: July 29, 2012 04:05PM
Meh, that one fell flat on its face a bit. Still, great measured drive from Lewis to look after his tyres and great drive from Kimi to turn a disappointing start into a good race result.

Date: July 29, 2012 04:06PM
Well boring race, no rain in the end. Well done Hamilton ( though not a mclaren fan ) well deserved win, surprise for the Kimster well done him and Lotus too but just did not have the tools at the end.
For the rest pretty same'o'.' You are where you are and that's where you'll stay', kind of thing. More of a procession than a race but I think most of us expected that not much more to say really.

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: July 29, 2012 04:41PM
It's also worth noting that Bruno Senna finally showed some form and outdrove Maldonado. Best drive by him since Malaysia IMO.

Date: July 29, 2012 04:43PM
EC83 Wrote:
> It's also worth noting that Bruno Senna finally
> showed some form and outdrove Maldonado. Best
> drive by him since Malaysia IMO.

Very true.

Member of R.S.C.T Group
I agree Lez somewhat a boring race, But great drive from Lewis. Off for a month now :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2012 05:43PM by RenaultFan.
Was actually quite a good race to watch at the track, but just like Germany, was just missing that grandstand finale. A fantastic middle stint from Kimi to jump Grosjean! Well done to Senna also as already mentioned, he had a very strong weekend.

Also, de la Rosa pulled into the wrong grid slot at the first start as well, into 24th instead of 23rd.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 29, 2012 09:16PM
Posted by: gav
I already knew who won, so when I came to watch it, @#$%& was it boring. I guess watching it live there would have been a little tension, but there was absolutely zero racing. It was more of a time-trial. A reminder of what F1 was like in the bad old days of just a few years ago.

Good strategy from Lotus to get Kimi up front, his pace was good and he did really well without actually passing anyone.

Bit of a booboo from Schumacher, parking in the wrong grid slot, but he was probably preempting falling asleep from boredom even then.
Why didn't Pirelli go for softs and super-softs? Hungary always needs livening up, and with the hot weather the tyre degradation could have added something far more.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: July 29, 2012 11:47PM
Posted by: J i m
Isaint Wrote:
> EC83 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's also worth noting that Bruno Senna finally
> > showed some form and outdrove Maldonado. Best
> > drive by him since Malaysia IMO.
>
>
> Very true.

A mature drive by Bruno, he showed Pastor the way to overtake and defend without driving into others.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy