> > Ducati next year... Kallio launched his bike
> > beautifully over the wall on quali :P
>
> Poah, what? Lorenzo at Ducati ROFL.

Well he STILL is in talks with Ducati so who knows. He'll be in Yamaha anyways
Re: MotoGP '09
Date: August 16, 2009 10:03PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
That drivers still think about that, the Ducati is a carreer killer, only Stoner seems to be able to drive it.

Date: August 16, 2009 11:49PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Hayden is bigger than the average rider so he suffers with it. The Honda used to be the top bike by far and it took him a while to win it. I'd love to see Rossi in the Ducati though
Date: August 17, 2009 04:24PM
Oh, who here doesn't think Kallio was at fault for the accident? ;)
Date: August 17, 2009 04:49PM
Posted by: gav
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh, who here doesn't think Kallio was at fault for
> the accident? ;)

I don't think you'll get anyone saying that, as Melandri was completely alongside, but there will be sympathy for him. He clearly didn't know Melandri was there, and as Steve Parish said on the BBC commentary, the camera angle would have been deceptive - it indicated Melandri was well ahead, while he clearly was little more than side-by-side, and outside of Kallio's normal peripheral vision, probably up until the moment before they collided.

Bikers don't crash if they can avoid it at all. It's not like cars, where the chances are you're going to be out of the race. It's likely it will hurt, so rule 1 is don't fall off. Kallio just didn't know Melandri was alongside him. It's far from the first time it's happened.

Horrible crash though. The way Kallio got wrapped around the rear-wheel of Melandri's bike was awful.

Well done to Bautista too... it takes some effort to come away from a race with that level of embarrassment.
Date: August 17, 2009 05:35PM
You ride bikes, fair point there. I think I see what you mean as he started to speed off the corner when he rammed Marco. I still think Kallio is forcing too much, he just doesn't seem to have what it takes to be in MotoGP.

I was quite happy with Lorenzo's fall as it will teach him he can't stay ahead of Rossi ;).
Date: August 17, 2009 06:57PM
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still think Kallio is forcing too much, he just
> doesn't seem to have what it takes to be in MotoGP.

I think he's decent. He's consistently been the most impressive Ducati rider since Capirossi left, though Hayden's getting to grips with it now.
Date: October 01, 2009 05:07PM
Ben Spies + Colin Edwards together next year, Toseland probably back to SBK
Date: October 02, 2009 05:15PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
yay stoner is back!

Date: October 02, 2009 06:21PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yes, it will be certainly interesting to see how he goes!

From the next few races, we should get a clearer idea if he has what it takes to become a long-term winner in the sport.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 03, 2009 04:17PM
great effort by Stoner on his comeback! I hope he can get the podium tomorrow without any problems but for looks like Lorenzo is going to win this one quite easily!

Date: October 04, 2009 06:18PM
Stunning comeback from Stoner. The guy is something else. Doesn't have a fraction of the charisma that Rossi has (but who does?), but the bloke knows how to hustle a bike!
Date: October 05, 2009 03:59PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yes, it was nice to see Stoner back on form. He will be very hard to beat in Australia in a couple of weeks.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: October 05, 2009 06:49PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
No suprise though, missing 3 races doesn't mean your talent will be gone all of a sudden.

Date: April 11, 2010 10:58PM
Posted by: chet
Just watched the Qatar race!

Fantastic! Even if Stoner hadnt crashed out the race would have been fantatsic! He would have shot off but the battle for 2nd, 3rd,4th and 5th would still have been epic! Watching that Honda down the straight was amazing! nice to see Hayden competitive too, and great start for Ben Spies. Reckon he'll grab a win or two this year??

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 12, 2010 01:31AM
Posted by: Slash
yeah Hayden seems in better shape than last year... hopefully he can challenge a bit later on the season for some good strong points and why not, race wins

Stoner....... how dissapointing, very fast but i somehow felt he could fall at anytime.... after last season i was hoping he could be more consistent and ride a mistake free race.. but oh well.... he needs to sort that out and he'll definitely be up there all the time
Date: April 12, 2010 02:41AM
Posted by: chet
I only started watching last year, and at that 1/2 way through I guess... But from what ive read it seems he was like this last season and before, ie pushing too hard. Whereas with Rossi it was always as quick as needs be (as the commentators mentioned I believe).

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 12, 2010 11:49PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Not sure if Spies' bike is quite fast enough for wins. Possibly, but see how the bike performs next time out. He wasn't far off though!

[Website]
Date: April 14, 2010 05:47PM
Posted by: Webber Fan
Ben is great. To be that close to the winner in first race is just awesome and I think from now on he can only be better. Next race is in Motegi, he doesnt know the track but he is very clever guy and has shown in SBK that he is fast learner.

[webberfanscreens.blogspot.com]
Date: April 15, 2010 02:03PM
Yes was a good race, Nice to see Hayden doing well with the Ducati now right up there!

Stoner!! omg!! was gutted when he slipped off! He said the telementry showed he fell off due to not putting enough load on the front tyre as he was slowing down abit instead of pushing too hard for a bigger gap!

I still think Stoner will bounce back and be unbeatable in the next races, just look what he did at the end of 09!

And yes, what a great drive by Spies indeed!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy