MotoGP '09

Posted by gav 
Re: MotoGP '09
Date: July 26, 2009 08:40PM
Posted by: gav
Such difficult conditions. Stupid mistake from Lorenzo - that's what separates him from Rossi.

Rossi did damn well to fall off and still gain 11 points on Gorgeous George!

Toseland got a(nother) hiding from Edwards.
Date: July 27, 2009 12:53AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Funny thing is Lorenzo was demanding to be the #1 rider, hahahahaha. Let him go to Honda.
Date: July 27, 2009 02:08AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
I've never see him saying that Gui. I only read he wanted more money, and he deserves it if you see how he drives this year, every rider would be asking for more (thinking Lorenzo get paid pretty low for a rider, just like all riders with their first MotoGP contract). And he is still in his second year for @#$%& sake, it isn't like he has driven over 100 GP's so far.

Date: July 27, 2009 07:17AM
Lorenzo's a very good rider but he wants to be given Rossi status. I agree with more money but I disagree with having favors inside the team. Rossi is beating him fair and square and with style using the same equipment.
Date: July 27, 2009 11:50AM
Yeh, but where did he say that? I've never heard Lorenzo saying he didn't get the same material to Rossi, or that Rossi didn't fairly beat him.

Date: July 27, 2009 07:01PM
I read in a Globo MotoGP report. He didn't especifically claim Rossi had bike advantages but that Lorenzo would like those.
Date: July 27, 2009 08:44PM
Posted by: chet
Caught last 15 laps or so. Another yet again brilliant race! Im getting hooked!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 29, 2009 08:42PM
Posted by: TheMaster170
Here is the interview with Jorge Lorenzo:

[www.crash.net]

and I have here the responses from Valentino

"Rossi, meanwhile, said he was not sure if it was better to have Lorenzo as a team-mate or not.

"I've thought a lot about it, whether it's better to have him in Yamaha or in Honda," he said. "I don't know. There are pluses and minuses each way. In any case I think he will be a tough rival to beat whether he rides either with our bike or with another team."

Rossi also denied Lorenzo did not get the same bike upgrades as him.

"That's not true, the bikes are identical," he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "In any case, it's normal that I have with Yamaha a relationship he doesn't have: when I arrived in 2004 I found a bike that hadn't won for 12 years and it was crap.

"Now we have the best bike. Lorenzo can't pretend to arrive, win, and in two years be as important as Valentino."

He added: "It's easy to be in his conditions: he fights against Valentino Rossi, one of the strongest riders ever, so he goes for it and if he loses he tries again. Meanwhile, this year we are 6-3 in my favour. Good, I like that. He's a tough nut with enormous talent.""
Date: July 29, 2009 08:49PM
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Caught last 15 laps or so. Another yet again
> brilliant race! Im getting hooked!

You missed the good years man! The 500s/990s were the good all days. Since they put those 800s in 2007 they almost destroyed the last lap battles.

You should check out Rossi/Gibernau battles or Rossi/Biaggi (one time the battle ended in a fist fight before the podium-presentation).
Date: July 29, 2009 10:06PM
GP 500 days were pretty cool! :D I don't know what changes technically with 990s and 800s but one thing I noticed was the drop in battles as you said. I still remember Rossi at Honda, was like a new Mick Doohan for me but then he went to Yamaha and somehow still managed to win!
Date: July 29, 2009 10:56PM
The 990s were bigger than the 800s. I remember Pedrosa in a 990. He used to go from side to side just to turn the bike. And he need a little banch to reach to the bike :P:P Now the 800s are smaller with a lot of electronics which makes racing a lot more boring.

But you're right Gui. The 500s were real monsters. I remember the days that we had Schwantz, Rainey, Doohan, Mamola and Gardner racing against each other. Schwantz used to date Rainey's sister just to screw with his mind :D:D
Date: July 30, 2009 12:52AM
Hahaha, lovely bit about Kevin there :P. On MotoGP broadcasts here and news I read online I always see Rossi mentioning he'd like to have less electronics...
Date: July 31, 2009 06:31PM
TheMaster170 Wrote:
> chet Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Caught last 15 laps or so. Another yet again
> > brilliant race! Im getting hooked!
>
>
> You missed the good years man! The 500s/990s were
> the good all days. Since they put those 800s in
> 2007 they almost destroyed the last lap battles.
>
> You should check out Rossi/Gibernau battles or
> Rossi/Biaggi (one time the battle ended in a fist
> fight before the podium-presentation).

Is that just pre-2007 then? I bet MotoGP season review DVD's are worth looking at then!

Date: August 10, 2009 04:06PM
Posted by: anze89
championship is over for Stoner, he has decided to miss the next three rounds due to his unknown illness :(

his seat at marlboro ducati will be taken over by Kallio, and Kallio's seat at pramac ducati for the brno round by Michele Fabrizio, ducati superbike rider

[www.crash.net]

Date: August 10, 2009 04:16PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
noo that sucks :(

Date: August 10, 2009 08:57PM
Let's see if Kallio can ride now that he's on THE Ducati bike
Date: August 16, 2009 04:27PM
Posted by: IWE
Guimengo Wrote:
> Let's see if Kallio can ride now that he's on THE
> Ducati bike

Nope.. He continued like before in MotoGP and in 250 and sure also in 125. Including blaming others for his errors. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: August 16, 2009 05:51PM
Will be nice to see Stoner vs Lorenzo in the Ducati next year... Kallio launched his bike beautifully over the wall on quali :P
Date: August 16, 2009 06:46PM
Another decent race. Watching Elias slide into the corners is awesome!

Also, what are peoples opinions on Toseland? Unless it's abit slipery he seems pretty useless to me. He doesnt seem to be a match for his team-mate...

Date: August 16, 2009 07:33PM
Guimengo schreef:
> Will be nice to see Stoner vs Lorenzo in the
> Ducati next year... Kallio launched his bike
> beautifully over the wall on quali :P

Poah, what? Lorenzo at Ducati ROFL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy