Posted by: chet
Missed the last 10 laps or so!

Will watch on BBC redbutton!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Re: MotoGP '09
Date: June 15, 2009 05:43PM
Posted by: Guimengo

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Videos are being removed so I don't know for how long you'll be able to see this. Rossi's sliding in the beginning of the lap holding Lorenzo reminded me of Piquet's pass on Senna on the outside in 1986!
Date: June 15, 2009 06:07PM
Just in case...

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Date: June 15, 2009 08:27PM
Posted by: gav
Just for you Gui.

Last 4 laps, 7min, 70mb, 640x352, XVID, etc.
Date: June 15, 2009 10:30PM
Posted by: Slash
i've never liked Rossi much tbh, but man!, thats just plain masterfull, the guy is a legend the last 4 laps video is the proof of it
Date: June 16, 2009 12:05AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Both are great, they seemed like equally fast, both could counter when they where overtaken, also the championship is 106 points for both Stoner, Rossi and Lorenzo, seems like it will be one of the best MotoGP seasons in years (although last years haven't been bad ;))

Date: June 16, 2009 03:52AM
Gav, in Rossi's language.... graziemille!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Date: June 16, 2009 02:58PM
Just watched the re-run on Eurosport.

That was just amazing. I cant think of much F1 racing that would even match that!

This year ive started to watch the motogp because the races tend to be in the F1 week break... Fantastic racing and races!!! What has supprised me is just how much the bikes slide. Its a scary thought tbh, Ive never really felt safe on motorbikes, and to watch them slide like they do is amazing.

I think it was the Capirossi move on Pedrosa into Turn 1. The bike was sliding all the way into it! Stunning move!

Never really saw the appeal of MotoGP, but that was a closed minded view! Fantastic!!

What really stands out is Rossi's charisma. F1 drivers are OAP's in comparison! Boring! F1 needs a Rossi!

Date: June 17, 2009 05:17AM
Posted by: Rod_vs
Ferrari_Fuhrer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was awesome. I really thought Jorge had done
> enough. At least they didn't celebrate one lap
> early like in the 125's!

Ridiculous!!! I laughed so much!!! The team members on panic and the french so happy... hahahahahahahahahaha ;););););););)

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: June 20, 2009 01:29AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Thanks very much gav ;)
Date: June 20, 2009 11:01PM
Posted by: chrislewis
Thanks for posting that Gav.

Date: June 21, 2009 01:35AM
Posted by: Enjoi
yeah cheers Gav, missed this race so I just read the report on it.

Ric Scott
Date: July 01, 2009 07:57PM
Did anyone get a shot of Rossi's 100 win poster he opened up at the track? The transmission here cut it :\
Date: July 19, 2009 03:35PM
Just watched the German GP, again pretty good!! I think its quite amazing how a driver, sorry rider can start from the back and finish 6th in such a short amount of time.

The other thing thats got my attention was how the bikes/riders have different stages. Like in F1, lets say Alonso gets in front, you'd expect him to go off and build a gap. Such a thing just does not seem possible in MotoGP. It certainly looks alot more difficult to do so!

Im not sure about the race distances though, I would prefer a longer race I think, but theres alot of action packed racing!! If we look at F1 there is only a small portion of the race thats exciting to watch. Gotta say, really starting to enjoy this bike racing malarke!

Date: July 19, 2009 04:56PM
Was a great race. A bit like Barcelona, but without the hideously mad last lap (from a spectator point of view... the pressure was certainly there!).

Horrible, horrible crash between Hayden and Canepa in qualifying.

Would have been hilarious had Elias stayed on his bike after his high-side in qually, but I think that was asking a bit too much. :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2009 04:57PM by gav.
Date: July 19, 2009 05:20PM
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Horrible, horrible crash between Hayden and Canepa
> in qualifying.

Was that the replay they showed the pre-race show?

The crashes some of these guys have are crazy and yet most of the time they can just get up and run to another bike or something!

Date: July 19, 2009 06:33PM
Yeah. I think they showed it only in slowmo yesterday though. It looked even nastier at full speed.

I've crashed twice at 60mph myself (one of which should have been very, very bad), and the worst I've had is a fractured little finger and a slightly bruised knee. I'm not going to pretend I wasn't plain lucky in crash #1, regardless of clothing, but given the nature of both of mine, I have to commend the manufacturers of biking gear!
Date: July 19, 2009 07:57PM
eeek! At that speed you've come off pretty well i imagine. A car crash at 60mph could in alot of cases result in something worse.

I can never see myself getting a motorbike. I'd be too scared, and simply because of that i would probably fall off! Ive been on a bike once, and that was on the back of my uncles. He had an elastic type strap which he strapped myself and himself and never went past 60mph. It was a short journey, just to the local kart track but even that scared me lol!

Date: July 26, 2009 07:58PM
Posted by: EC83
Watched the British GP this afternoon after the F1 - what an insane race! Various n00b-ups from most of the top riders, a mistake from Rossi even, great battles for the lead and a first-time MotoGP winner! Don't think I've ever seen bikes on slicks on such a damp/wet track before.
Great viewing! :D

Date: July 26, 2009 08:32PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
yes, it was amazing how many of the top riders made mistakes.

Disappointing for Ducati, if they hadn't made that strategy gamble they probably both could have challenged for the podium, if not the win.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy