Date: October 01, 2010 08:45PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He's a great rider, but will this year and his win
> go down as "because Rossi was injured" and now
> "because pedrosa was injured"?

because they cant ride properly?! ;)

I think it would be unfair for people to say this, Lorenzo has worked hard, stayed on the bike and scored. Even if Rossi wasnt injured, im sure this is Lorenzo's year, he looked unbeatable so many time.
Saying that..Stoner will be back next year fighting!! :D

Re: MotoGP '09
Date: October 03, 2010 09:02PM
Posted by: Slash
dio69 Wrote:
> Hahhaha! True! We could say, if Lorenzo wins the
> title, that he was champion due to the rivals
> beeing injured along the season. ;)
> But no. He's the next big spanish champion, and i
> personally think that Dani isn't that champion
> material that i and we all saw during his 125 and
> 250 years!

what? how old is he now? ;)

anyway that was a great fight for the podium... Lorenzo is bit bitter imho.. did he ever won a wheel to wheel fight against Rossi?
i loved how he was dominating Rossi at the beginning of the year but you gotta admit, that was some fearless fight from Rossi... Lorenzo seemed to back out a bit from it
Date: October 04, 2010 06:08PM
Posted by: marcl
Plus Lorenzo was ahead of Rossi before his crash.
Date: October 31, 2010 08:30PM
Posted by: gav
Anyone watch Estoril today?

From a spectators point of view, there should be no dry sessions before the race. The opening 5 laps or so were epic stuff. Changes of position every couple of corners.

It settled down in the end and turned into a normal race, but it was far more exciting early on than it normally is!
Date: November 01, 2010 08:28AM
wow i'm so dissapointed with Stoner, the guy can't ride anymore, he can't complete a race without crashing, i hope he gets his act together for next season, currently he's just a waste!
Date: November 08, 2010 09:16PM
Posted by: chet
i think its the bike more than anything. He's done okay this season imo. Some great races but some bad ones. I guess it's just frustrating having a bike which is visually more difficult to ride.

Also, I caught my first action of moto2 at the weekend, only a few laps but WOW!

Do those bikes slide or what!!!!! thats serious talent!! ive found a huge amount of respect for bike racers these lsat few years... I thought gp bikes moved around alot, but the moto2s never seem ot be in a straight line!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 08, 2010 10:19PM
Posted by: gav
chet
i think its the bike more than anything. He's done okay this season imo. Some great races but some bad ones. I guess it's just frustrating having a bike which is visually more difficult to ride.

I think it's his style which makes it hard on the bike to be honest. ;)

It's why I liked the guy when he was racing Rossi for titles a couple of year back - the guy didn't have the finesse of Rossi, but he would wring the neck of that thing. Cox and Parrish said at the weekend that despite there being 5 Ducati's, you could blindfold yourself and know every time which bike was Stoners - the sound of a torchured engine and rear tyre.

Rossi's got all the personality, flair and grit. Lorenzo's got the natural ability. Stoner's got the balls. Big ones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2010 10:20PM by gav.
Date: November 13, 2010 09:29PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
gav Wrote:
Rossi's got all the personality, flair and grit. Lorenzo's got the natural ability. Stoner's got the balls. Big ones.

MotoGP to a T. And Dani Pedrosa....doesn't quite have enough of any of those traits.

[Website]
Date: March 17, 2011 08:06PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
cant wait for this season to kick off this weekend. Stoner and Honda look in great form looking at testing, Straight on a new bike and flying! Hope he can win another championship this year. I expect him and pedrosa to have some good fights on track!
Still wonder about Rossi and the ducati, imo Stoner just drove the socks off their bikes in previous years, lets see if Rossi can adapt and make it work

Date: March 17, 2011 10:50PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Didn't Rossi get injured recently?
Date: March 18, 2011 07:33PM
Stoner looks impressive, he's certainly one of if not the fastest out there, but he really needs to sort out his consistency
he was quick last year but mistake prone.. he fell too much so at the end even if he gets all poles he might be beaten by Pedroza on pure consistency...

i'd love it if he beats Pedroza and if Spies beats Lorenzo.. nothing against spaniards, i'm a pure Alonso fan, but those two think too much of themselves and it'll be a great kick on their ego if the newcomers of the team beats them
Date: March 20, 2011 10:52PM
Not a bad race.

The Stoner-Pedrosa battle will a pretty awesome one as the season goes on. Jorge did pretty well, I hope that bike is closer for upcoming races...

Rossi did pretty well, I guess those kind of results are all they can expect for a few races.

Is his shoulder really still as big a problem as he says (5-6tenths)? Im starting to see it as an excuse, but of course I dont know.

Date: April 03, 2011 05:09PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Awesome race today

Brilliant win for Lorenzo in the tricky conditions, and nice to see Hayden up there, even 5th is a good result for Rossi

Unlucky for a number of drivers though, Edwards, Spies and Stoner

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: April 03, 2011 07:00PM
Poor mistake from Rossi. The race was his for the taking.

The exchange of comments for him and stoner are good though.. Its why Rossi has more personality than all the f1 drivers put together :p

[www.autosport.com]

Date: April 03, 2011 10:02PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Would of loved to see a Rossi first win for Ducati

Haha what an awesome comment "I don't know, maybe he doesn't know exactly who I am!"

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: June 11, 2011 03:03PM
Cal :(!

Date: June 25, 2011 09:59PM
wow

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2011 06:46AM by Slash.
Date: June 28, 2011 01:55PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Someone needs to update the thread topic a little bit. ;)

Date: July 03, 2011 01:34PM
Webber speaks the truth :D:D:D!

Date: April 10, 2012 07:43PM
so when Rossi was faster than hayden it was all because he's got more talent and was able to ride it faster but now that Nicky has fixed his front end issues and is riding it faster than Rossi is all down to the bike not suiting Rossi's style?, really?.

poor Valentino he looks desperate but really he mut work a bit better on finding excuses.

BTW is amazing how Lorenzo is not as arrogant as before, finally realizing the best rider out there is Casey?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy