GP3 2000 MOD "UNIVERSE": F1 1985/1996-2015 & 500+ tracks

Posted by pirx 
what about the new engine sounds?
..still testing, maybe will modify because downshifting sounds to high..
how about using the default downshift?
yes, I thought about that, even of manualy downpitching a little bit, but this take time and a cooler climate (40+°C is not the time for long computer sessions ´8=)...will be back in 3 weeks after some seavisits... ~~~∆~~
Same here, pirx, this weather is not recommended to sit behind a screen. (H) (B)
Luckily, for Belgium, the temperatures are lower next week, productivity may increase; beer consumption must decrease.;-)
Have a good vacation, mate.
holemad schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Same here, pirx, this weather is not recommended
> to sit behind a screen. (H) (B)
> Luckily, for Belgium, the temperatures are lower
> next week, productivity may increase; beer
> consumption must decrease.;-)
> Have a good vacation, mate.

thx!! & yes, beer should be free and all work closed..sadly we "middle/northern-europeans" hold no siesta, how great would it be..

(B)pop!
ok, sounds good

enjoy your sea visits mate!

:-)
OldIsGold schrieb:
> what about the new engine sounds?

I tested and tested gp3-sounds with result:
- only worx when "use original gp3-sounds" is selected in "Sound Options". this is nice, but also disables 3D-car-soundFX which makes it impossible the hear your oponents..
- I cannot find any SoundEditor for gp32k-sounds..

Q: someone knows something on this?
r u sure that u named the gp3 sound file as gp3sound.dat?

what happens when you try to put 3d sounds on?
OldIsGold schrieb:
> r u sure that u named the gp3 sound file as gp3sound.dat?
- yes!
> what happens when you try to put 3d sounds on?
- the game jumps back to orig. gp32k-sound!

I tried all settings inside gp32k. I also tried to manipulate the 2k-sounds in dir "samples" with soundeditor: brought strange FX (sounded very distorted).
I´m quite sure the gp3sound.dat is for GP3v1.13 only.. :(
ah, i didn't know the mod ran in gp32k...

that's the problem, i have gp3v1.13

sorry, you'll have to edit the sounds manually through the sound editor (with the soundpack that you were testing before)
actually, I may be able to solve this...

try this:
first, go into the game and in the ingame sound options, select 'use original gp3 sound', so you can not hear the other cars.

then, test the gp3sound.dat file that I gave you

if it works, then from gpx patch, go to gpx sounds, and turn on the 3d sounds from there, and select the engine sound file in gpxdata/snd/engine.wav

launch gpx, and see if the 3d sounds work from gpx patch in conjunction with my gp3sound.dat file.

adjust pitch through gpx patch as required

if this does not work... then you'll have to add the sounds manually from the sound pack I gave you
..yes, that´s what I did.. your gp3sound.dat worx fine that way.
But gpx-3dsound not :( -the help-file says it should work under gp32k..? maybe some wrong settings by myself? I tried everything, even with trial and error method..

I´ll keep trying & thx for info!
so, the problem is with gpx sound??

what gpx patch do you run?
..4.22, the latest - and it would be great your sounds run!
will your game work with 4.21?

I use that, as I find that there are a few problems with 4.22, with the mod that I use.

just minor problems, but maybe if you use 4.21, your sound stuff will be solved

i'm thinking of random things that come to my mind now, because I can't think of anything else that I know that would help you
so the 3d sounds in gpx patch don't work?

is that a problem with gp32k?
right now I tested gpxpatch4.22 with gp3v1.13 and every sound worx like a charm but in gp3-2k not. Maybe I contact SDI after testing gpxv3.93 ..
-it´s really sad so
SDI?

what's that?

btw, the gp3sound.dat file worx in gpx patch v3.93.

that's the one I used to run before I downloaded v4.21
sorry for my bad english: gp3sound.dat file worx in every version of gpxpatch -all is ok with it. but the problem is that when I want to use it I have to disable the 3D-sounds of GP3-2k. And that´s what I don´t wanna to, because I want to hear the other cars during race..

plus: I found out that the two latest versions of gpxpatch don´t play 2D-eventsounds under gp3-2k, maybe there´s a problem with it´s own 3D-sound-functionality as well... SDI is the "master of gpxpatch", the creator himself.... I already mentioned this particulary problem in his thread.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy