GP3 2000 MOD "UNIVERSE": F1 1985/1996-2015 & 500+ tracks

Posted by pirx 
no problem for the imputs

happy to help :-)

could I treat you to some 2012/13 carshapes?

yours look a bit...

...you know...

wierd
yes, give it a try!
ok, here goes...

first, i'll give you the few 2012 carshapes that i have

link:

[www.mediafire.com]

and next, i'll give you 11marcus and nemesisf1's mod's 2012 carshape, for your personal use if you wish to use it. i think it may be a special feature of their mod... which is available to download free from this website

link:

[www.mediafire.com]

Enjoy!
I looked at all carshapes and all are from NemesisF1 & 11marco - I already tested them last year. I didn´t like the nose of these so much so I decided to do my own from the ground. It took me almost 2 days to build them. It would be nice to keep them or even make them better... what exactly is weird with them and how can I solve this?

cheers! :)
ah...

I didn't know that... because they are not included in their mod

ok, the cockpit is weird...

compare this... one of the carshapes in the pack that I gave you

with this... the carshape used in 11marcus/nenesisf1's mod

(ignore the track, this picture was just for pusposes of the carshape)

if you could refine the cockpit, and eliminate or make the humps on the first picture look nicer, then there would be a perfect 2013 carshape, because there are no steps this year (on most cars)

and when I meant that they look weird, I meant your carshape aswell... I mean, it's a pretty good job you've done, I wouldn't be able to do the same, but it just didn't look authentic enough and I thought I could help you with that.

sorry for any inconvenience :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2013 04:43PM by OldIsGold.
Re: GP3-2000 MOD "UNIVERSE": F1 Seasons´96 -´13
Date: August 19, 2013 04:38PM
Posted by: OldIsGold
I have a problem and I thought you would be good at solving it

this is the problem...

on high camera views, the cars appear at different angles. the only car that appears at the right angle is yours, or the car that you are viewing...

in these pictures, I am viewing the Ferrari of Alonso, just so you know what I mean
Date: August 19, 2013 05:16PM
Posted by: holemad
You mean the cc-cars dont follow the banking ? you gotta live with it, mate.
You're driving a 15year-old game but want graphics and physics of F1 2013.:-o
Date: August 19, 2013 05:39PM
ok, i'll live with it

I thought there might be a way to fix it, but looks like there isn't

no probs

:-)
OldIsGold schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought I could help you with that.
>
> sorry for any inconvenience :-)

you are welcome and you are absolutely right! -cockpits could be better! I didn´t know you sent already/still cannot find.. all I received and talking about was carshapes. they could be better too.
cockpitdesign has still some grey area for me with all its possibilities. you are honestly invited: help doing work! better cockpits would be much appreciated - a bunch of work in gp3-2k..I warn you ;)

PLUS I don´t know how much copying genious NemesisF1&11marco and if they care or not.. it would be great!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2013 08:34PM by pirx.
yes, you're right too!

but I think you're missing my point a bit

I meant the carshape in cockpit view... could get rid of those humps

so I mean that carshapes could be improved in the cockpit view, then you will have a perfect carshape for 2013

but...

I am very new to careditor and other editors in gp3, especially cockpit editor...

the only thing I am familiar with is gp3edit 1.13
yes, we were talking about two different things, sorry!
in gp3-2k designing a cockpit consists of 2 parts: the cockpit-shape & the jam-files (grafic-files, depending on 11 different teams). these jams will be projected onto the shape, what makes it possible for the game to serve 11 different teams..

but
-shape editing I never did (its not easy and requires hard testing work)
-all I did was editing the jams, so the "humps" you are talking about are just 1 layer of pixels x 11 teams

and most I like is driving :)
yeah, two different things... it's fine, no need to be sorry :-)

ah, I understand now.

so, i guess it's easier to edit the jams then

we'll have to see if nemesisf1 and 11marco are up for letting you use the shapes, and if so, you've got your hands on some very nice features to include in your mod.

btw, just so you know, the Toyota 2002 and v10external sounds, and that gp3suond.dat file i gave you is free for use. spread it, share it, give it to whoever you like

yeah :-) you can't beat driving on belini's 2013 f1 tracks!
OldIsGold schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah :-) you can't beat driving on belini's 2013 f1 tracks!

incredible 460+ running tracks hot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2013 11:11PM by pirx.
wow

belini is a real genious

now I understand why the car in your videos seems to behave in a different way, compared to the normal gp3. I first thought that you had tweaked the physics, but no, that's all fine.

it's partially to do with the fact that your steering wheel doesn't move up and down with the car whilst on kerbs/or in general movement, and it's also partially to do with the fact that you are driving belini tracks.

belini tracks tend to use high kerbs, like in hungary, and those tend to straighten the car up more than normal, so you can get on the power earlier. that's why it looks a bit different: there's a bit less sliding on corner exit. I downloaded all 2013 tracks that have been uploaded, and played them, and now I understand why your mod works in the way it does.

all in all, good work pirx!

:-)
ui, again a missunderstanding (I should write better):
with "incredible 460+ running tracks" I of course ment tracks from other authors too. sorry again!

+ UNIVERSEmod uses different physics of course and I like those especially, also all magicdatas are specially designed.. I made this mod for driving with gamepad or steeringwheel-controler - even for shuting off Tractioncontrol (F7) because this ads an important dimension to driving pleasure, fine throttling... something for freaks.
so you are right, it acts different. When you were able to recognize this from the videos, my respect!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2013 05:18PM by pirx.
Date: August 20, 2013 09:55PM
yep, I recognised it from the videos

I pay attention to little things like that -thanks for your respect!

-still, belini is a genious

i'm still new here - what's magicdata?
Date: August 20, 2013 10:34PM
Posted by: pirx
magicdata is an editable textfile which contains alot of settings you can add to a track (in short form). the tools are cmagic (gp3v1.13) or cmagic2000 (gp3-2k). possible settings are: trackgrip, airresistance, carpower, gearratios/wingsettings/pitstopstrategy of your opponents and many more..

"magic" because we still don´t really know whats completely going on there

make a test:
open a v1.13-track (.dat) with cmagic OR a 2000-track with cmagic2000 and export the magicdata-file (hopefully it has some in it). then open the ...md-file with a texteditor and have a look. to make your changes happen in game you must just reinsert your new ...md-file
Date: August 20, 2013 10:47PM
ah, ok

I will try it
Date: September 07, 2013 04:13PM
Posted by: maxirofernandez
Hi man! how are you??... I want to know why I can't change the name of the driver... for example... I changed "Mika Hakkinen" and write my name "Maxi Fernandez"... but it doesn't change when I go to the race...
Date: September 08, 2013 09:53AM
Posted by: pirx
hola!, sorry for delay!

to change drivernames in MOD read:
-> this post
to change your car/driver-performance (there are two different ways) read
-> way A
-> way A
-> way B
(way B is the fast one)

hope that helps!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy