GpX Race Manager 6.2.00 with carset installer released

Posted by R_Scandura 
Re: GpX Race Manager 5.9.70 released
Date: September 23, 2009 05:13PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
i uploaded the possible last version ever of this program. fading out, time to curtains fall. i cared about the career page and career database which are the parts i was originally interested more. now each database allows to see which seasons are included in it and eventually tick them in/out of the evaluation. Also included additional info to see the general driver trend. Also reactivated the renaming tool.
from tests all should work for what i saw. Preferible a fresh installation to avoid conflicts and crashes.

-------------------------------

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2009 05:35PM by R_Scandura.
Re: GpX Race Manager 6.0.00 released
Date: March 30, 2010 04:45PM
I finally decided to run the 2009 season. Got bored of those bloody 90s backmakers. Hopefully Trulli will be my seat.

So I added the engine rule to the Race Manager. Must be fun to see who will run out of engines before the last race ;)

Re: GpX Race Manager 6.1.00 - w.i.p. engine rule :p
Date: June 19, 2010 12:14PM
Posted by: dustyjo
The engine rule doesn't seem to work, I'm 7 races in and no one's used a single one yet...
oh really? :s
did you installed the program brand new or overwrited any older version?
Eventually send me a zip of the season folder so I'll check what happend

ok I think I spotted the bug. You used the campaign mode, I forgot to duplicate some commands there indeed it worked fine in paddok mode.
Try to download it again and re-import the season. I did a test and worked fine. I'll keep checking in case I forgot something else. Sorry for the inconvenience

Re: GpX Race Manager 6.1.50 released
Date: June 25, 2010 02:56AM
Posted by: dustyjo
Works fine now, thanks.
Date: July 02, 2010 06:22PM
If you are interested, I finally got to implement a feature to solve in one click the time wasted mounting the specific carset each race. Still a beta but has not given troubles so far.

Let's say I run a season with 15 teams. For every race I had to mount the specific carset switching the alternative teams (cars, cockpit etc etc). With the new feature I can set in advance the files of every team and driver included in the entry list and the program will automatically install cars, cockpits and pitcrews of those 11 teams choosen for the race. Also it will create the bitmap canvas for the helmets (lo-res for now) to import in helmetsd.jam and helmete.jam (sorry, this has to be done still manually). In this way I only need to load the specific performance file from GpXpatch and play, no need to use Gp3 edit everytime.

To make it work, the first time you open the program you need to locate in the "Preferences" tab the folder containing gp3.exe.
When you initialize the season saving the settings of the paddock area, in the "Carsets" folder of the RM, the program will create a season folder with a blank jam for each livery, cockpit, pitcrew (top and bottom part) and a blank bitmap for the helmet of every driver. No need to care about the IDs the program will define them itself. Just fill every file with the teams specs and it's done :) Of course the folders must not be touched, moved, renamed neither the files. The program works on the equity of names inside it.

Also I fixed several small bugs around.

I added several things and new folders, so it's better a fresh installation.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2010 06:39PM by R_Scandura.
Date: July 25, 2010 05:30PM
Posted by: szogun72
Witam jeśli jacys Polacy używają tego programu to proszę o kontakt na maila potrzebuje kilku porad z góry dzięki. dziadziu72@gmail.com
Date: July 25, 2010 08:14PM
Posted by: NeoLiot
it doesn't work with windows 7?

-------------------------------------------
no idea neoLiot, i use only xp

it opens fine, but when i click in anything i get

"Run-time error '339':

Component 'MSCHRT20.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

already downloaded MSCHRT20.OCX file but it still doesn't work, any ideas?

uff these components are so pissing off! I already had to change the ocx MSCHRT.OCX to MSCHRT20.OCX because of registration issues to make graphics work again. In the EXTRAS folder of the program I've put the one I used here and seems to work. Try to replace that one or eventually try to check for a different version of the component. let me know!

BTW i reuploaded the progam a couple of days after the release because there was a stupid path issue with carset installation. Eventually only the exe should be replaced

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2010 10:12PM by R_Scandura.
tried your version

extracted the .ocx file to C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder
and then run the command prompt to regsvr32 mschrt20.ocx

and...... nothing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2010 10:20PM by NeoLiot.
should be a compatibility problem :(

Me too Roberto

I've OS windows 7 64 bit.

PS: Controlla le librerie che hai messo in extras o al massimo dicci in che compatibilità dobbiamo impostare il software
i have no idea about it. it's strange because the program should recognize only the ocx with which it is made. if not maybe that component is uncompatible with win7

try this pack. i uploaded all the files related to the mschrt20. maybe they need to be placed all together:
[www.megaupload.com]
make a backup before to put these

Roberto, file are not avaiable now. I can try too late.

I'll let known you about them.

Ciao
Now files are avaiable but your tool don't work ... some problem "run time error 339"

:(
:(
i made a research about the run time error 339 and the common solution is a scan registry to clean the fragments of components messing eachother. other than this dont know what to say. Is anybody using it on winXP?

unfortunately the race manager is satured and cannot fix bugs without causing other bugs. i should redo it from scratch to rearrange the features but it's not worth the effort for an old game.

that's a shame... because i used GPX Race Manager with GP4 and rFactor too...

so there's no way to run it in W7??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy