GpX Race Manager 6.2.00 with carset installer released

Posted by R_Scandura 
Re: GpX Race Manager 5.7.00 released
Date: May 09, 2009 10:12PM
Posted by: reddwarf
Umm kinda confused!!

First of all i have never used race manager before, and even having read the tutorial i dont think im quite following this!

Do i have to manually create the entry list myself-presumably by inputting the data from the relevant carset of the starting season? (from gp3 edit)

Where are the perf files mentioned kept within the game/carset? I cannot find one on any of the carsets i have-does RM create 1 itself from the entry list data or what?

Finally if you start a career do you need to have the carset for the following years and install it at the end of every season-presumably modding the carset if you change teams/ other drivers change teams as given by RM career mode?

Sorry if this is blindingly obvious to all others but am new to this utility!
Date: May 09, 2009 10:55PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
you create the entry list semi-manually. To start you can import the main data (names and ferformances) from a carset but then you can manually include additional data like the country flags, tyre logos, driver attitude and other options. These are important in the season because you can simulate the home race effect or the technical upgrades... Like in the real life you need to submit all the teams and the drivers that will run in the season. The program will manage automatically those data

the created performance is in the Text folder of the program. When you evaluate the performance for the next race you'll find it there.

yes you need to install the carset as usual, nothing changes. the difference is that you can have specific performance. the program does not mod gp3, only create performances. you need to treat all as usual. it's to understand the method, the actions are the same for every race.

the career concept is open to your choise. at the end of every season you can install any carset you want because gp3 is 100% free on it. people simulates real F1 years so teams and drivers are fixed by real life, you just role-play what happens through the season.

-------------------------------
Date: May 10, 2009 12:00AM
thanks for the extra info- i liked the idea about being able to track my career- 1 of the things they didnt think of on f1 career challenge on xbox...gp series pees all over them anyway lol.
so i gguess you could simply tweak the carset to follow whatever your program maps out for my career pathl, but still keep liveries accurate for the year...very cool. Now if only i could work out how to to a separate track set for each career so i cud hace 1 in 80's , 1 in 90,s and so on.....

Will have another look at it and see if inspiration strikes-since dusting off my wheel have got back into this-way better with a wheel than a console controller....
Date: May 11, 2009 09:23PM
how exactly dp u import the entry list data? its asking for a per file- no idea where that is-certainly not anywhere in the gp3 directory im working with lol
Date: May 12, 2009 11:25AM
it's the file you create from the performance selector. it contains the whole entry list and will be required to load when you have to decide the contract to choose

Date: May 26, 2009 08:17PM
ok i have re read the tutorial and believe i am following the correct way to create a season. I manually entered a entry list for 72(didnt do the flags and so on- is this vital?),used free contracts option, created the 3 databases asked for, (campaign,hall of fame and season, but when i click on the create season icon i get a "runtime error 75" What does this mean?
Date: May 31, 2009 11:26PM
Posted by: Iceman68
Just a quick question, what folder do I have to create to use the Hall of Fame?

I keep getting the Run Time Error 76 when trying to create a Hall of Fame book, which is due to it looking for a folder that doesn't currently exist.
Date: June 21, 2009 02:22AM
Posted by: bender
Rob, can you help me with this?

I am running a 17 race championship and the Race Manager crashes when I try to "get predictions" for race 17.

The following message appears:

Run-time error '380'
Invalid property value
Re: GpX Race Manager 5.8.00 released
Date: June 21, 2009 04:35PM
hi guys, sorry for these issues with the program. I don't know about them, in the dozen of simulations never happened to have errors in those ways. The Hall of fame and the database archives are not required when creating a season, they work independantly so not vital for the program.
the flags/tyres logo are not vital, but in case you use the predictions system they give more options like homeraces bonus

for now i can suggest to install the whole program again in a separate place, maybe something gone lost somewhere. Latest version is 5.8 but i lost the code for it.
I hope to come back soon to have look at it.

cya :)

Date: July 08, 2009 10:34PM
Posted by: KawaKasper
bender schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rob, can you help me with this?
>
> I am running a 17 race championship and the Race
> Manager crashes when I try to "get predictions"
> for race 17.
>
> The following message appears:
>
> Run-time error '380'
> Invalid property value

i get the same error, but at the first race. :(
maybe its got something to to beacuse i´m on windows vista ...?
Re: GpX Race Manager 5.8.00 released
Date: July 27, 2009 12:36AM
Posted by: NeoLiot
it may be a dumb question... but where i can get .per files? all my performances are .txt... i tried to rename it, but it didn't work...

-------------------------------------------
Date: August 01, 2009 11:33AM
Posted by: ced90
I recognised that my Grand Prix 4 don't save the txt-flies correctly. I get four times the race results, but no starting grid an laps or records. Does anyone have this problem, too?
Date: August 01, 2009 03:33PM
Posted by: ivocalha
Hi ced90!

I had a similar problem with GP3 and i managed to solve it...please read the following thread:

[tmp.grandprixgames.org]

maybe your solution can be the same as mine...
Date: August 01, 2009 07:14PM
Posted by: ced90
Sorry, I became misleaded by the third print option in GP4 that seemed to enable saving the results in files. Now I did like the tutorial show, but the GpxRaceManger doesn't load any record or fastest lap-file, not even the ones form GP3 which worked on my old computer.

I found out that an older version (4) works completely!
Unfortunately is the only newer version on the internet 5.8.0. Could someone help me to get 5.7.0 or 5.6.0? These versions worked well on my old Computer.
Thx!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2009 08:59AM by ced90.
Date: August 07, 2009 03:16PM
hi, I uploaded a transitory version trying to fix here and there.
I hope it works. For what I understood it seems that most of the problems come from the OS. I noticed that a routine may crashes even if correct in some pc. Indeed here never seen the program crash here neither under stress while had minor troubles in other pc :S
Also noticed that some ocx may cause problems with the license matter so i disabled some features in the graphic charts to avoid more crashes.

hope the program is still worth
cya

"it may be a dumb question... but where i can get .per files? all my performances are .txt... i tried to rename it, but it didn't work..."
@ NeoLiot: the .per file can be created in the performance selector area. it contains the entry list that you can use to tell the program how to manage the season. It coul be required when use the career/paddock tools.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2009 03:19PM by R_Scandura.
Re: GpX Race Manager 5.9.00 released
Date: August 21, 2009 04:22PM
I gave a try to this medal system menaced by uncle Bernie for F1. I quickly simulated a cpu season with it. I'm almost sure Johnny Herbert wouldn't be happy of this ;):

Re: GpX Race Manager 5.9.50 released
Date: August 21, 2009 07:37PM
@R_Scandura: thanks...

btw... by any chance the rename feature will return in a future version of Gpx Race Manager? For instance... i use Arden as the name of a team... but i want Arden International to appear in the statistics...

Date: August 21, 2009 08:51PM
i'll restore it as the new features are complete. But i think will be hard to use 'Arden International' because the name is too long for the Gp3 format and the program has to follow it

Date: August 21, 2009 10:40PM
yeah... but i usually rename it once the season is over, just for showing purposes...

Date: September 10, 2009 11:59PM
did an update. i think i found the origin of some weird crashes. hope it works

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy