GpX Race Manager 6.2.00 with carset installer released

Posted by R_Scandura 
Re: GpX Race Manager 5.5 released.
Date: February 13, 2009 11:09PM
Posted by: Santiago [URU]
haha after 4 races (and 4 DNF's) my head is in flame! ;)
Date: February 15, 2009 11:18AM
Posted by: JohnMalisianos
He he he he he! Indeed! I've already said that these smiles' selection is a real success! :) I usually appear asleep like Riccardo Patrese in the 1980 season. Now in 1981 i'm a victim of reliability and I am in flames too! :P
Date: February 15, 2009 12:05PM
Posted by: LINkY
Ok, so i have clicked on the export points button for the custom race and its ticked in the status bar. Also clicked on prize sharing and enabled its use, confirmed in status bar. then the sporting rules button. same error is still occurring at the same point. what should i be doing?
Date: February 15, 2009 12:41PM
Have you put a campaign in "Resume Campaign"? That's what happened to me.
Date: February 15, 2009 12:49PM
BTW my second season didn't finish too bad, I rarely had relability problems at the second half of the season and I signed a contract with McLaren for 3 years. I made a semi-fictional 2005 season with "B" teams for almost all teams! ;)
Date: February 15, 2009 12:53PM
Do you mean have i got the career mode option clicked? ok so i have got hire personal staff and career mode checked. Should i rather just use free contracts??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2009 12:56PM by LINkY.
Date: February 16, 2009 07:02PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
ahah looks you like the flaming head but better don't make it an habit ;)

@ LINkY: the difference between career mode and free contract is that in free contract you can choose any driver you want, while in career mode you have to start from a lower team and gain reputation to unlock better seats...

on a side note, I think it has been very unlucky to call it 'Resume Campaign'. it's causing a hell of mess. 'Consider it as a 'Select Campaign' :s

-------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2009 07:04PM by R_Scandura.
Date: February 16, 2009 08:30PM
I think I have two small bugs.
1. When I swap drivers, then in the next race, a flag of a random driver is missing. That's when I'm lucky. If I am unlucky the flag that disappears is from a driver that was racing but he doesn't now. So I can't put again his flag, because he appears only in the standings and not in the races anymore.

2. This one is more complicated! It has to do with what values the program understands like valid performance range! Sometimes in the preview of qualify or race some drivers don't appear unless I change their values. That's really strange! I can't send you a screenshot because it crashes. But I can send you a single race performance file to see what I'm talking about.
Date: February 16, 2009 10:58PM
edit: I think i solved the problem with the flags. was a stupid bit set to 1 instead of zero that made a big mess :S now when i swap and re-swap no flags disappear. further testing though

don't understand the second issue, send some stuff/screenshot with a description so i see. my mail address in in the detail sheet of the main page
in case, do you mean in the performance selector when create the entry list?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2009 12:04AM by R_Scandura.
Date: February 17, 2009 07:44AM
thanks for that. does make sense. free contract mode works well but stil having trouble with campaign mode. but hopefully i can work it out when i want 2 use it further down the track
Date: February 17, 2009 09:08AM
Posted by: Itsmee
Thanks for the work Rob, going to work in well with my simulator i'm building.
Getting back into GP3 after a long absence ...........still have all the downloads on disc so it should be a piece of cake.
This is going to be a great add-on
Thanks again
Ted
Date: February 17, 2009 11:21AM
great! waiting for it :)

Date: February 17, 2009 07:05PM
Rob, did you get the pm?
Date: February 17, 2009 07:18PM
nop, nothing here

Date: February 17, 2009 07:57PM
Now?

I would also like to ask you, now that you repair the flags' issue, we need to update only the exe?
Date: February 19, 2009 04:17AM
Posted by: trois
Very good your job!
Date: February 19, 2009 11:23PM
Posted by: degas
"degas, have you created a season or just opening charts? Eventually what your OS? XP or win98?"

Firstly, sorry because the delay to answer the post. Some trips (Bahia's beaches! Ilhéus :) ) made impossible to me to use a computer in the last week.

Now I'm back. For a while... the beach remains waiting me.

The answer: I use win XP SP3 in portuguese (it is a copy obtained using the MSDM Microsoft's students program).

Thanks!

Degas.
Date: February 20, 2009 10:49AM
Lucky man!!! Here is winter! :(

Anyway, I'm using xp sp3 too, with no problems. Have in mind that can't see any charts, without starting a season on your own. Performance selector is used only in the start of each season to create a *.per file in order to import it in the season you will create. Read carefully the step by step tutorial. It's very useful!
Date: February 20, 2009 01:14PM
Posted by: degas
No chance. I just create a season but it is not possible to import race results... "Unexpected error" message is still scaring me. :)

But thanks!

Degas.
Date: February 20, 2009 01:53PM
do you get the message when you click to import the race? i mean after you browse for the txt files?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy