GpX Race Manager 6.2.00 with carset installer released

Posted by R_Scandura 
Re: GpX Race Manager 5.5 released.
Date: February 07, 2009 03:47PM
Posted by: JohnMalisianos
Very useful advices! :) And the swap button is what I need! But do we have different versions??? I can't find the "paddock area" anywhere!!! The only similar tool I have to change values and names is the "performance selector". I try to take a screenshot too , but I had a "75" runtime error. :(
Date: February 07, 2009 03:52PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
uh? i think you havent activated it, have a look at the tutorial
[gadareth.altervista.org]
it tells step by step how to use it. look down in the sectin about the season editor. it tells how to activate it

-------------------------------
Date: February 07, 2009 04:12PM
I got it! It doesn't appear to me, because I have no seat for me. I only watch the full races (like manager mode), I don't drive. Is it possible to activate it, without racing?
Date: February 07, 2009 04:22PM
eheh all this time you forgot to mention this 'little' detail. the manager does not play alone, you need to select a driver to make all the feature work.
you can store results without selecting the player but cant activate the campaign. so yes, to swap drivers you can do it manually from the performance.

Date: February 07, 2009 04:40PM
Ok! Thank you very much for the advices. When I start a driving carrier, I'll keep that in mind. :)

And a last (I think) question! Does the manager support 2 drivers? Like the in-game "Hot Seat" feature! It would be nice!
Date: February 08, 2009 05:06PM
Posted by: Santiago [URU]
I finished my first season. How can I do to start the second one with the same drivers, teams, etc.? Going to the performance selector again?
Date: February 09, 2009 11:36AM
In about 7 hours i will finish my first season too! :)
I will see. For now, I think we must create a new performance file with team names etc. but be sure to use the same database. For example if the races of 1st season were stored in "Formula 1" database. We must use again the same database.

More details later, when I make some tests! :)
Date: February 09, 2009 11:55AM
Between the seasons you can do whatever you want. As i said gp3 has no managing so it's up to you to 'play' the career. if you are simulating in example the Schumacher's career, just create the entry list of every year you want and choose Schumacher as alias or if you want, you can choose whatever driver you want, not necessarily Schumacher. If you still have years in that current contract there is no need to negotiate again the contract. A mwssage will tell that it's the same you were running. The campaign database is exactly your contract. You can play with different drivers but as long as you resume that contract it's like you are continuing your career with the salary updated, years countdown and the starting budget and value estimation will be the ones you earned/lost in the previous season.

This feature should work better with fictional seasons. Example:
i'm playing the European Racing League (ERL) which started in 1980. I simulated the career of 3 drivers. Entered as 'Roberto Scandura' in 2000 signing for the Gilmore Team Ford and then after renewed in 2003 the contract, in 2006 i switched to the ambitious VTR Honda as the 2005 has beed a terrible and humiliating season about reliability and I was defender. 2009 is my last year of the current contract with VTR, so i'll see what happens. I'm the title defender again and I hope to receive a call from Ramsey Sport :)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2009 12:15PM by R_Scandura.
Date: February 09, 2009 04:26PM
What a nice surprise! I love the awards at the end of season! :)

I couldn't find the way though, to exclude some results, according to 1980 rules. So all the points awarded to drivers.
Date: February 09, 2009 05:03PM
Posted by: Santiago [URU]
Ok, now I am going to start my second season (I started in 2003 with Jaguar) Hopefully I'll be more lucky than in the first one.
Date: February 09, 2009 07:01PM
JohnMalisianos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a nice surprise! I love the awards at the end
> of season! :)
>
> I couldn't find the way though, to exclude some
> results, according to 1980 rules. So all the
> points awarded to drivers.

have you activated this feature in the season settings when you created the season? if yes, at the end of the season the feature is available in one of the buttons on the right of the standings page. click in the lowest one of the group

Date: February 10, 2009 12:00AM
Hmmm, I don't remember to be honest. I surely checked the old F1 points system but I didn't notice anything to exclude. Anyway, I started 1981 now and the rules where changed! Points for all races! Will Alan Jones defend his title, or Nelson Piquet will grab it???? (I wish Piquet :) )
Date: February 10, 2009 07:54PM
I created a new full campaign profile to test the "swap drivers" possibility. Unfortunately, when I tried to swap Ivan Capelli with Thierry Boutsen. I had a runtime error '5', invalid procedure call or argument. Something I can do for it? And when this solved, which way I can swap 2 drivers from team to team in a single season? For example in '94, Herbert drove for 3 teams (Lotus, Ligier and Benetton).
Date: February 10, 2009 10:51PM
thanks, was a bug indeed, my mistake. I solved it and reuploaded, try to replace the exe and see if it works. remember that you can swap drivers only after the paddock settings are saved

about Herbert you can swap him as many ways you want, 1 swap at time

remove herbert from lotus
replace him with someone

remove the driver in ligier
put herbert in ligier

remove Herbert from ligier
replace him with someone

etc etc...

about the classif f1 tool, in the season settings is the one near the A1Gp mode, I accidentally called it 'discard mode'. in the statistics page it will asctivate only at the end and you need to click it to run, unfortunately these button icons are not so clear to explain the tools, if you have better suggestions let me know

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2009 10:52PM by R_Scandura.
Date: February 11, 2009 12:14AM
Posted by: degas
Well... this editor doesn't work to me. All files in "Extras" directory were uncompressed and moved to \windows\system32 folder in my computer, but I still receiving the message "Run time error 50003 - Unexpected error" when I try to open any chart except the "season editor".

Could someone help me please?

Thanks!
Date: February 11, 2009 10:56AM
degas, have you created a season or just opening charts? Eventually what your OS? XP or win98?

Date: February 11, 2009 01:40PM
R_Scandura Wrote:
> thanks, was a bug indeed, my mistake. I solved it
> and reuploaded, try to replace the exe and see if
> it works. remember that you can swap drivers only
> after the paddock settings are saved
>

I am glad to inform you, that you successfully solved
the bug! Drivers swapped and no crash! Cheers mate! :)

PS. Thierry Boutsen also thanks you for giving him the chance to drive! :)
Date: February 12, 2009 03:57AM
Posted by: LINkY
i have a type mismatch error #13 when the program is looking for available seat whilst setting up the season? I can't seem to fix it....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 04:04AM by LINkY.
Date: February 12, 2009 11:33AM
LINkY Wrote:
> i have a type mismatch error #13 when the program
> is looking for available seat whilst setting up
> the season? I can't seem to fix it....

I had the same problem, but it was my mistake. Considering that everything else is ok, then be careful when you choose the points' system. There are 2 buttons actually you must press. The first one (which I have forgotten)is just in the right of the presets. The second is the big one at the right and middle of the same window.

Try that and if doesn't work, we are here to help again. Some useful hints are available all through this thread! Have a look, too! :)
Date: February 12, 2009 01:48PM
exactly, every feature needs to be confirmed (see the status on the right side).
also the point system for different race types (custom/sprint/feature...) must be exported separately. Only at the very end, click the big button to advance in the creation process

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy