Re: 2012 Tracks
Date: November 04, 2012 08:28PM
Posted by: holemad
thanks, henrik.

Abu dhabi is on his way also (reduced belini btw) ..... the track is almost completely done.
Tomorrow i only need to do some testing and fine-tuning.
Date: November 04, 2012 09:12PM
Posted by: andrzej pilaszkiewicz
Thanks Dirk. But..., ehmm, what about Austin ? :-)
Date: November 04, 2012 09:17PM
hi andrzej, good question.
I think roberto scandura is kinda busy creating this fine track.
I saw a testdrive of David Coulthard on the redbull simulator and it really looks promising.
Date: November 05, 2012 09:10PM
Abu Dhabi 2012 is uploaded.

Enjoy it,
Dirk
Date: November 06, 2012 01:41AM
Posted by: Rod_vs
Guys, I want to know how many people like to make tracks.

I know create track layout, put heights and sponsors/grass/tarmac/sand.

If you want, we can create some tracks (fictional and real). I have lots of projects (including Saudi Arabian track, that I want to put on GPGSL-3 this year).

Waiting answer.

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: November 06, 2012 11:29AM
Posted by: shlund
Great update of Abu Dhabi circuit, very accurate, thanks a lot 'Holemad' ....

Really good idea to cooperate in making tracks, hope you succeed in doing it..

May I perhaps suggest a kind of "whishlist tread" for future planning :>

Personally I wote for more real circiuts as we still miss some of the fine tracks used in FIA's championships for WEC/World Series by Renault/WTTC, Indycar and more...

(Suggestions: Mortorland Aragon, Portimao, Slovakia Ring, and better versions of Zhuhai, Salzburgring, Norisring, Lausitzring and for Indycar we miss Baltimore, Edmonton and Houston etc...)
Date: November 06, 2012 01:03PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Rod_vs écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Guys, I want to know how many people like to make
> tracks.
>
> I know create track layout, put heights and
> sponsors/grass/tarmac/sand.
>
> If you want, we can create some tracks (fictional
> and real). I have lots of projects (including
> Saudi Arabian track, that I want to put on GPGSL-3
> this year).
>
> Waiting answer.

I was thinking of something like that, Rod. Doing some "track-makers teams" like in GP4 forum. So I'm in with you even if my track-making skill is still poor for the moment. Btw I will soon open a thread to release my own work. Stay tuned :-)

Date: November 06, 2012 06:59PM
I thought about a winter-break......:( .....just kidding.
Interlagos will be the last race to do for this season.

I already have done some World Series by Renault (spa & hungaroring) and others are in the pipeline.(barcelona, paul ricard, silverstone, nurburgring)
Monaco is the same as for F1..... only missing Motorland Aragon and Moscow raceway to make the season complete.

Also want to finish my 2011 season : 2 tracks for the 2011 season to redo, and completing others.

So, I wanna help where i can, Rod. My skills are limited to modding, i cannot create a track from scratch, don't know much about scenery, swivel arms etc..
just knowing the basic stuff with an eye for detail.

Dirk
Date: November 06, 2012 11:24PM
Posted by: Rod_vs
Perfect, holemad!!!

I don't know about scenery and I'm terrible to put external objects. But I know how to put adverts, team managers box, asphalt, tarmac, sand, grass... and model track.

I have an idea: what do you think (all people who wants to help us) that put e-mail and create a group? So, all of updates, we send by e-mail!!

About real tracks... well, I help, but I didn't know exactly about heights!! But I can try to make!!! Some suggestions: Portimao, Slovakia, (MotoGP argentinian), Marrakech... and updates some tracks that needs better graphics: Elkart Lake, LAguna Seca, Phillip Island...

About fictional tracks, I want to make (new version, but the same track layout) conversions of GP2: Espagnering, Lappenranta, Misenbochring, Eagles Nest, Warwick Valley, Cape Town, San Francisco Built, Rotorua, Castries...

Waiting answer... my e-mail is: rodrigo_vilelasilva@yahoo.com.br

Thanks!!!

PS: If Scandura wants to accept our help... =D

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: November 07, 2012 09:16PM
hi, rodrigo, my email is dirkholemans@telenet.be

In the mean time i will continue my regular work as described above.
Date: November 09, 2012 11:22AM
Posted by: shlund
A little teaser for the Austin Texas Grand Prix:

A fine on-board lap to see and feel the hight/levels on the circuit and to watch placing of buildings/kerbs/graveltraps etc... :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2012 11:29AM by shlund.
Date: November 09, 2012 06:00PM
Posted by: R_Scandura
hi, good to see there is still interest to make new tracks.

A while back i had an idea to simplify the editing for everyone without the need to learn deeply.
all the tracks share at least a 40% of the objects and texture. indeed don't they all have cranes, side adverts, marshals, pitboxes, stands, distance panels, tents, pins, start lights, trees, garages?
The idea was to create a standard track with all these objects already added and textured. jams ID will be standardized too so the IDs will be used only for that object.
the author only has to reshape this template track and create for the objects a new object definition for the different poses. the template track should come with a document to list all the objects so he can locate items.

a second idea was to create 2 empty tracks (1 for each pitlane side) with all the settings done and create separately a showcase with all the standardized models (3d objects in .gpo format) with instructions, in this way everyone can modify the model still using the same jams. the author only has to import the objects in the base track and continue like before creating the object definitions to place it here and there. this is the one i prefer more because more flexible and i planned it to make a flood of beta things.

same for the textures going around the track like guardrails, extentions, gravel trap, etc etc. and some other commands. it's possible to copypaste from a track to another. if you copy from a "catalogue" what you need you already have the most done. you already know about it with the belini genjams working for the entire pack.

it's not much but at least there will be animated tracks. the things to learn will be less.

i have to be idle for now so nothing is gonna happen from me but i'm using some spare time to update the tutorial, chrome anf ff can't load the images so i'm fixing also several concept errors.
i could spend some time to prepare some templates

-------------------------------
Date: November 09, 2012 09:17PM
Rob, i agree, we should try the second. A track with only the pitboxes perhaps as a base, and a library with all other objects like adboards, bridges, pitbuildings,etc... to import.
Its easier to import an object than replacing one because of the amount of points and adverts.
I would also like that every corner has a tracksection of length 1 just before; this makes it easier for construction of kerbs.

Dirk
Date: November 09, 2012 09:39PM
Posted by: pirx
Roberto it´s exactly the thing I wished to have since working on my first track. A few days ago when I reached the point of inserting objects I had quite similar thoughts! Genious that you write that here!

btw: How is your progress at the austin track?
& can you more or less tell me how long nowadays it will take for you as an expert to build such a track? (just wondering, because I´m on my first since a couple of month..

thx so far!
Date: November 10, 2012 06:45PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
That's a great idea Roberto, it would help a lot.

Date: November 10, 2012 08:04PM
.. I would help too!
Date: November 13, 2012 08:42AM
Posted by: Mullet345
I spotted a problem with the Belgium 2012 track. It only has two sectors: sector 1 and finish line. Sector 1 is where sector 2 is suppose to be, and because of that the best time during pratice and qualifying shows 0's at the finish. What is the cause of this and are there other 2012 tracks with a similar problem?

Date: November 13, 2012 09:42AM
pirx schrieb:
> .. I would help too!

I have to correct this nonsense written by myself to: ..maybe I could help you?

(Don´t drink and write!)

"Oiııo.
........................................................................................................
Pilot Pirx
........................................................................................................
Date: November 13, 2012 10:12AM
Posted by: R_Scandura
(Don´t drink and write!)

where is the fun of coming on the internet then???? (H)

Mullet345 Wrote:
> I spotted a problem with the Belgium 2012 track.
> It only has two sectors: sector 1 and finish line.
> Sector 1 is where sector 2 is suppose to be, and
> because of that the best time during pratice and
> qualifying shows 0's at the finish. What is the
> cause of this and are there other 2012 tracks with
> a similar problem?

when you reduce belini tracks for gp3 1.13 you need to correct the split position in TRACK -> Gp3Info. Split 1 is usually correct while the Split2 seems to be Split2 + TotalTrackUnits. Not sure but I think is something related to the limit on placing the splits times at regular intervals

-------------------------------

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2012 10:16AM by R_Scandura.
Date: November 13, 2012 03:35PM
@mullet345: thanks for the input
I made a little update for your problem; now its having 2 split times + at sf-line.
Only have to check F1.com for the right positions.
Can i send it to you for testing before I modify and upload?

@Rob: i checked the split times and the original belini track has the same values.
split1 = 1088 and split2 = 4116 (???)
I changed them like you described without any differences.
Then i changed it into 425(combes) and 1088(stavelot) and it worked fine but i dont know if there's a difference between 1.13 and 2K.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy