Atticus' Workthread - [RE-RELEASED] Updated Road Atlanta (1997) Beta - All Links on p. 1

Posted by Atticus. 
Fantastic track! Real fun challenge to drive, a lot of corners to be caught out on, especially turn 11 with its impressive elevation. Great job!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Thank you. :-)
Road Atlanta (1997) Beta [Preview] - All videos on p. 1
Date: February 10, 2013 03:17AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Video on post #5 page 1.... enjoy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2013 05:22AM by hasbriale.
Thanks once again. Could you re-upload most of the other tracks like Suzuka '82 because the original links are expired?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Super track Atticus! Many thanks again!!!!! You have done so so much for GP4 recently!
@thestig88: Thank you very much. :-)

@Turbo Lover: Yes, of course. I will check which links expired and upload the tracks again soon. :-)
Ok, guys, I updated all expired links, should work now. If someone still experiences difficulties, then please let me know here in this topic - for all to see.
Thanks! :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Good track (Y). I like the general layout.
As requested by my friend Atticus here is Suzuka 1982 with a beta layout. Based on gp4 original layout updated with some HD textures.
Everybody can use this layout as base for advanced update.
Spa 1979 will follow soon (H)
Enjoy :-)
[www.mediafire.com]

-------------- My GP4 Tracks --------------

F1 Tracks , Oval Tracks, Other Tracks
@drt01: Thank you very much once again.

I updated the first post with the Suzuka update, including slight trims in billboards and fences, and also some minor camera repositioning for a clearer view. I also put more extensive asphalt run-offs back in the track.
Thanks drt01, looks very good (Y).
Fantastic, so much more fun to drive than the current layout

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
@kedy89: Yes, it's much more flowing.

And also, you nail overtakes at Turn 1 instead of the last turn. On one hand, it's easier, because you have more time to close in on your opponent, but on the other hand, it's harder, because Turn 1 barely has a braking zone. Also, I found it more difficult to brake into the Hairpin, because of the higher entry speed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2013 07:06PM by Atticus..
The mighty Glen received quite a major update. Not as big as Suzuka, but it is substantial.

Changelog for v0.8:

- A completely revised, much more realistic elevation profile & modified banking angle in Turn 3.
- New characteristic blue walls.
- Revamped smaller kerbs.
- Refined track cameras.

The elevation profile was the main thing I wanted to get right in this update. The initial one had several inaccuracies, and some of them was very visible, such as the incorrect undulations on the back straight, and the completely unfit elevations on the main straight. Getting these uphills and downhills right, among others, helped me get a more realistic track cam set as well. It is actually not based on any of the 1991 event, because I like most of the latest track cams more - so it is in part based on the fantastic 2012 NASCAR event (for the cams on the short track) and the 2010 IndyCar event (for the cams in the Boot). Only Camera 2, 5, 6 and 7 positions are chosen from 1984-1991 events. The new cams are really dynamic, I love them.

Another issue with the previous version were the unnecessarily large kerbs, they were too wide, too high and had slightly incorrect shapes.

And finally, the blue walls. I figured it is a one-minute work to Photoshop the original walls picture file into the authentic blue one. I picked the color from a well-adjusted professional photograph. I think this one element adds a lot of realism to the track.

Oh, and the funniest thing was that the official Watkins Glen website updated its official elevation map since the previous version of this track - without even noting that the previous one was incorrect. They simply changed some of the key numbers... Shame on them. Anyway, their map is close to reality now and I could use some of their data, unlike the last time.

All in all, I think the Watkins Glen physics files are now as realistic as possible, and it certainly awaits a better modder to construct a fine 3D environment.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2013 10:03PM by Atticus..
Thanks pow!
Great! Love the new Glen-Version :-).
Re: hasbriale TV video previews of Atticus Tracks...
Date: February 27, 2013 07:31PM
Posted by: hasbriale
Suzuka and Watkins Glen Preview videos updated at Page #1, Post # 5.... Enjoy!
Thanks. :-)
Finally here is Spa 1979 with a beta layout. Based on gp4 original layout updated with some HD textures and with a revised PitBuilding to match with the .dat.
Fot that reason you should ask permission if you want to update or use files of this track layout. Thanks.

Enjoy (B)
[www.mediafire.com]

-------------- My GP4 Tracks --------------

F1 Tracks , Oval Tracks, Other Tracks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy