SAFETY CONFIRMED IN F1 2011 CODEMASTERS

Posted by SAT_LAB 
Re: SAFETY CONFIRMED IN F1 2011 CODEMASTERS
Date: September 21, 2011 06:18PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Not released until Friday here. I'm actually busy Friday night too so I won't be getting it until Saturday.

Can one of you please just outline some areas where it's improved? What are the curbs at Monaco like because at certain points in the last game they were just dreadful.
Date: September 21, 2011 07:48PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
I find the curbs to be pretty non existent meaning I think there flat, you can take them at a pretty good amount of speed and it not get the car unstable
Date: September 21, 2011 08:33PM
Posted by: Isaint
Is there like spectator mode on this release?

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: September 21, 2011 10:44PM
Posted by: Rams
I have some questions... to be honest this is the only place where you will get an honest answer lol.

1) In practise do the AI cars let you through then immediately hound you (regardless of speed)?

2) Are the practise and qualifying cars actually real (laptime match graphic)

3) Is the tyre wear and fuel more realistic, and actually present for AI? In F12010 the tyres acted quite similar to the Pirellis in 2011!!

4) Do AI drivers lap consistently?

5) Do AI drivers still have impossible amounts of grip offline, basically in a different universe to the player?

6) Do AI cars take different speeds in corners? Because in F12010 they were all the same lol

7) Finally, do AI drivers still have rocket mode that enables them to go much faster (like Lotus on the leader's pace)

Thanks!
Date: September 21, 2011 11:11PM
Posted by: jakobdylan
No Sorry

Date: September 22, 2011 02:59PM
Posted by: Jolkins
Well I was a "bad boy" and pirated it as I don't want to have the same regrets about buying it...

Haven't had much time to play it, but generally it feels very similar. One of the annoying things that are still there - on quite a few occasions after AI makes contact with player you're the one who ends up with a penalty(for example, had a situation in Monza where I spun, remained still not to cause a crash and still one of the AIs managed to touch me... and of course I was the one who got a penalty)
Date: September 22, 2011 06:39PM
I don't think it's ever going to get any better really. I'm just waiting for Skyrim now. Nothing before that cause I am busy and have no money.
Date: September 22, 2011 10:02PM
Posted by: Jolkins
It even hasn't been fully released, but there's already a 5 page bug thread... Exact repeat of the last year
[community.codemasters.com]
Date: September 22, 2011 10:54PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
I'm not going to bother buying this. It really is quite sad that they cant make a decent game. The best two F1 games I have ever played are GP4 and F1 1997 by Sygnosis...amazing games and the latter is now 14 years old!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: September 22, 2011 11:17PM
Posted by: marcl
For me some people are being well to fussy I mean who drives looking out the back of the car?
Date: September 22, 2011 11:21PM
Posted by: jakobdylan
Jolkins Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well I was a "bad boy" and pirated it as I don't
> want to have the same regrets about buying it...
>
> Haven't had much time to play it, but generally it
> feels very similar. One of the annoying things
> that are still there - on quite a few occasions
> after AI makes contact with player you're the one
> who ends up with a penalty(for example, had a
> situation in Monza where I spun, remained still
> not to cause a crash and still one of the AIs
> managed to touch me... and of course I was the one
> who got a penalty)

lol I have no this problem I always start from pole the and after two or three corner I've about 2 or 3 seconds on second car

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2011 11:22PM by jakobdylan.
Date: September 23, 2011 01:51AM
Posted by: elpasho2005f1
Right I downloaded the game to check out the PC version and I have to say I am thoroughly Dissappointed with the end result. No doubt Money has been spent to make the game better, yet it just looks as if they spent more time on making the cars look better. We still don't have a full damage system, for instance, I crashed sideon into the barriers at around 150mph, yet only the front wing was damaged........ come on! Although the lads from codemasters have been spending time on developing f1 2011, there are still some major bugs which just make me wanna switch off the game completely. When I bought F1 2010 I was expecting a game that would be a blend of arcade for the newer drivers and simulation for the not so amateur drivers, to some extent what psygnosis did back in the 1990s, yet unfortunately, the mix of arcade/sim together has kind of tarnished what could be a great game. Also.... Where are the bonuses, bonus tracks, cars etc. I remember completing Colin Mcrae rally 4 and winning cars like the classic audi quattro, lancia delta integrale, back in the hayday of codemaster. Throughout the history of F1 there have been some great cars that people wanna race, surely Codemasters could've spent a tad more time to add bonus cars and tracks to really woo the f1 game buyers..

my opinion
Date: September 23, 2011 08:54AM
"For a ten minute practise session I never saw another car on the minimap at all but three cars had set times by the end...?"

Haha.. uh-oh!
Date: September 23, 2011 06:35PM
Posted by: Gené and Tonic
The force feedback system leaves a lot to be desired - I have no idea when the car is breaking traction or if I have locked the tyres - that is my main gripe
Date: September 24, 2011 03:50AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
over this game.

AI are so inconsistant from track to track.

I got 6th one race in and the very next race im 4 seconds off the back of the grid.

Date: September 24, 2011 11:08AM
Posted by: Rams
elpasho2005f1 Wrote:
> Right I downloaded the game to check out the PC
> version and I have to say I am thoroughly
> Dissappointed with the end result. No doubt Money
> has been spent to make the game better, yet it
> just looks as if they spent more time on making
> the cars look better. We still don't have a full
> damage system, for instance, I crashed sideon into
> the barriers at around 150mph, yet only the front
> wing was damaged........ come on! Although the
> lads from codemasters have been spending time on
> developing f1 2011, there are still some major
> bugs which just make me wanna switch off the game
> completely. When I bought F1 2010 I was expecting
> a game that would be a blend of arcade for the
> newer drivers and simulation for the not so
> amateur drivers, to some extent what psygnosis did
> back in the 1990s, yet unfortunately, the mix of
> arcade/sim together has kind of tarnished what
> could be a great game. Also.... Where are the
> bonuses, bonus tracks, cars etc. I remember
> completing Colin Mcrae rally 4 and winning cars
> like the classic audi quattro, lancia delta
> integrale, back in the hayday of codemaster.
> Throughout the history of F1 there have been some
> great cars that people wanna race, surely
> Codemasters could've spent a tad more time to add
> bonus cars and tracks to really woo the f1 game
> buyers..
>
> my opinion

Regarding the bonus stuff that's down to FOM apparently - they wouldn't let them add in extra drivers/tracks not from the current season.
Date: September 24, 2011 03:52PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Not just FOM, but the teams too. McLaren don't want to see Lewis in a Red Bull. Red Bull don't want to see Vettel in Ferrari. The entire thing is marketing.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 24, 2011 04:50PM
Posted by: marwood82
apparently its a similar story for the damage model too.
FOM have rules on how much damage is allowed to happen to the cars.

didn't GT5 suffer from the same thing? ie the manufacturers didn't want to see lots of screenshots of their cars smashed to pieces
Date: September 24, 2011 05:40PM
Well, I bought it.

It's an improvement on the 1st one. The AI is still an absolute joke, they sort of wobble around at low speed. However, the car handling is better. It's by no means sim standard but it is better. The damage model is still @#$%&, replays are even shitter than before. The collision detection is pants.

Focusing on the good things though - it is very playable if you just accept that it's not perfect. DRS and KERS seem to work quite well. Multiplayer is good, especially with friends. Monaco is massively improved - the kerbs no longer throw you into the wall and you don't slam to a halt when you touch the walls. The safety car is ok.

The thing which pisses me off the most are the penalties. 50% of the races you get at least a warning for "illegal blocking" going into the first corner, in the middle of the pack. But AI cars are apparently allowed to do what they like.

Meh. In spite of all this I am finding myself quite enjoying it. The AI are quite hard to beat - I only have it on intermediate and the highest I could manage in Melbourne in a Williams was 10th. Last year I would have been on pole with that setting.

One thing console users should know, though. If you buy it pre-owned, you will have to buy a "VIP pass" to use it online, as new copies come with a redeem code which is then locked to a particular players Xbox Live account. I find this very gay. No idea how much a new licence costs. VIP pass... indeed.
Date: September 24, 2011 07:07PM
Posted by: LeeBeau
loque Wrote:
> Well, I bought it.
>

I haven't played it, only seen videos of the gameplay etc and read this thread and the 2010 thread and to me it seems a dumber investment to buy this game than spending the same amount of money on flowers for a blow up doll.

I'm sure the multiplayer experience is more enjoyable but still, as a poor uni student I'd rather have a drink and/or coma for that money.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy