SAFETY CONFIRMED IN F1 2011 CODEMASTERS

Posted by SAT_LAB 
SAFETY CONFIRMED IN F1 2011 CODEMASTERS
Date: August 17, 2011 11:45AM
Posted by: SAT_LAB

As can you see in this photo, there will be the safety car in F1 2011!!! Finally!!!
Codemasters says you can drive behind the safety car but with some restrictions... others news on the safety car in F1 2011 on Facebook or on the official F1 GAME website.

MY ASSETTO CORSA (& other stuff) DOWNLOADS---> SATLAB90
MY VIDEOS---> F1 Retro-Game
Re: SAFETY CONFIRMED IN F1 2011 CODEMASTERS
Date: August 17, 2011 09:04PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Good! Now I'll be able to play a broken game, but driving slowly! YAYZ!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 17, 2011 11:06PM
Posted by: senninho
From charlie_whiting, on Twitter:

"Codemasters added the SC in #F1 2011. Sadly, the post-race Steward mtg with Lewis feature didn't make the cut."

"#F1 2011 tip: If you select Jarno as a driver, the ForceFeeback feature is disabled. And you whine about it all race"

"Also in the #F1 2011 game: the Bahrain GP comes and goes randomly and the Indian GP has no grandstands."

Date: August 18, 2011 01:57AM
Posted by: chet
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good! Now I'll be able to play a broken game, but
> driving slowly! YAYZ!

Im sorry but nobody is making you buy the game.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 18, 2011 08:11AM
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DaveEllis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Good! Now I'll be able to play a broken game,
> but
> > driving slowly! YAYZ!
>
>
> Im sorry but nobody is making you buy the game.

Still wouldn't mind if they fixed the game I already bought from them, rather than release it with new car skins and call it 2011.

F1 2011 is nothing but an F1 2010 patch, a game which actually got MORE BROKEN, the more they patched it. So whilst I may not be forced to by the game, I am entitled to warn people against buying the products from now on. They released a pile of @#$%&, made it worse, then moved on. Fool me once, etc.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 18, 2011 08:38AM
Posted by: mortal
Fool me once...yes (Y) Although I do play 2010 on the odd occasion, I wont be lashing out with my hard earned for 2011. It would be nice if they'd fixed those ridiculous menus, annoying.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 18, 2011 01:07PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
I got a F1 Car Shaped USB stick with my pre-order of F12010. its seen about 1000% more use than F12010 ever did

Date: August 18, 2011 06:21PM
Posted by: senninho
Even if the game itself ends up being rubbish, this is a good effort:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2011 06:21PM by senninho.
Date: August 18, 2011 10:51PM
Posted by: mortal
Oh God....the finger!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 19, 2011 10:01PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
I think it's quite unfair to put a curse on the new game before even having played it once. I admit that there was lots of trouble with F1 2010 and that the handling of them with bringing out only one patch was a bit unhappy. But actually, with the patch it was playable if you arranged with the few minor bugs remaining and I played it rather often after that. And, as F1 2010 was Codemasters`first F1 game attempt on PC and PS3, it was rather expectable that it wouldn`t run perfectly. F1 2011 will need to be much more improved, though, if they want to fully convince me for the future. But I`ve given them a second chance and pre-ordered the game once again. We'll see what happens.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: August 20, 2011 04:36AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Normally I would agree with you. but in F12010's case, the fact that what was broken is essentialy 70% of the game.

A good racing model, with Decent AI that race you hard and Actualy set proper lap times so you can gauge your lap times on what they are doing is essential. and they didnt do that.

Date: August 20, 2011 08:48AM
You can't race it, because the AI are completely moronic. Even the Flatout Series, which is as arcade as it gets, had better functional AI. The annoying thing is that Codemasters did the hard stuff correctly. The AI Raced you, stuck on outside lines, went at proper speed into turn 1 etc, something which most racing games don't do. And yet the easy stuff, such as making the cars actually drive at the right speed, weren't even close. Then they LIED TO THE USERS and said the catch-up feature wasn't implemented, until the PC users posted the XML, and then they deleted the damn tweets and posts saying it wasn't there.

The patch actually swapped the tyres about (making them wrong), introduced rain in the tunnel, and fudged the timing screens to make the AI appear less broken than it was (but didn't actually change the AI).

They sold a broken game, broke it more in the patch, said it was unfixable and they couldn't repair the AI, then (supposedly) repaired it and sold it as F1 2011? I'd have to be a proper tool to actually buy that, sorry.

Buy it if you want, I don't care, but people deserve to know what they are getting into.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: August 20, 2011 03:40PM
Posted by: pankykapus
If the good stuff stays and they manage to do some major bugfixing and make it playable, it's worth to buy it for those who didn't bother with the 2010 edition.
That's a bit twisted and the fact that they lied doesn't change, but hey.. ;)
Date: August 21, 2011 04:37PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yes, the AI's awful, but online remains extremely fun, which is why I'll be buying F1 2011.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 22, 2011 10:47AM
Posted by: ferrariman
love in that video how they recreated this seasons most dramatic moments - easily recognisable (mclarens @ canada up against the pit wall etc...)
Date: August 30, 2011 05:34PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Well, played this again today, lasted three quick races and turned it off. It's just awful. The AI is a joke and the physics are a joke. I could swallow the fake lap times etc etc etc if what they presented was fun to play but it isn't so now it' getting sold. I would advise anyone who's thinking of selling to do so now before the release of 2011 and the offered price will plummet.

Incidentally I'm selling the following for £10 each, send me a message if interested before I stick them on the Bay:

F1 2010
CM Dirt 2
Dragon Age Origins
GTA IV
Race Pro

Anyone who buys three will get the BONUS EPICNESS which is Fuzion Frenzy 2.

This is all because I'm back to uni for a year to learn how to be a teacher (LOL) and I shall have no money. I only want three things between now and xmas which are F1 2011 (just to see), Forza 4 and Skyrim.
Date: August 30, 2011 08:25PM
Posted by: Slash
i remember when EA's started their F1 series, the first two where ridiculously horrible, and then they improved a bit for 2002 and 99-02 challengue.. the community made them a bit better, so even if F1 2010 was horrible, it still set a good standard for their next releases, it'll be up to them to raise the game and take advantage of that.. i will try what's coming now but i expect a fully great F1 game for next year...
Date: September 05, 2011 10:01AM

I think just as 2010 should have been. I like how he coughs up, we can make sure the AI is not scripted at all.. ;)
Date: September 05, 2011 05:42PM
Posted by: Morbid
InsideSimRacing.tv?

I cannot for the life of me, figure out why a site with that name would bother with Codemaster products.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: September 05, 2011 11:01PM
I guess they'd be pretty much without work most of the time if they didn't lower the bar a lil' bit :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2011 11:16PM by pankykapus.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy