Codemasters' F1 game discussion

Posted by Rodrigo007 
Re: Codemasters' F1 game discussion
Date: September 22, 2010 05:36PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I want this game to be good and fun so I am looking on the hopeful side. Some early feedback was not great but seeing the same people say that the more they played the more they liked it sounded very nice.

F1 CE 2006 was the opposite, at first it was all sooo nice but the more I played the less I enjoyed it. Going to the shops during my lunch time, very hopeful.
Date: September 22, 2010 08:05PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
can someone please tell me how to turn my mirrors ON. i jsut dont have any mirrors in my SAUBER :(

2) AND WHEN I START A SESSION I SEE THE HANDs of the driver in the pit and when i start the engine to get out of the garage then there are no hands on the wheel any more :(. is it something i can fix from graphics or what ??
Date: September 22, 2010 08:06PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
oh and if someone plays the PC version can they pleasee post me their parameters for the wheel adjustment (deadzone , sensitivity and so on)
Date: September 22, 2010 08:20PM
Posted by: kaid
oke a very straight to the point review by me. The game has dissapointed me with some parts, it isnt challening as i thought it would be, you can easily fight with a virgin in the top 15. And then those annoying frame drops are just bothering me, brings me back to the time i played gp4 with a PO over 100 :S hehe. But racing can be very exciting, the AI is pretty good and they can put up a great fight from time to time.
Time trial is awesome i love it, its the best part of the game. The handling is nice, you can really push the car to the limit and perfect your lap. You also feel the power of the cars, to much on the throttle and you are gone.
Graphics are nice, nothing very special. But i must say the wet weather effects are great.
I would give it a 7 out of 10. There is still a lot to improve.

Date: September 22, 2010 08:29PM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
Definitely agree on the wet weather. Racing in the wet at spa with no aids was quite hard, especially cause of how your vision gets blurred when following a car.
In the dry it seems to easy to find the limit of the car, even without working on setups or anything, regularly pulling out 1s per lap or more quite easily in a race.

Date: September 22, 2010 08:36PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I've kinda blanked out the bad reviews for one reason, and this is because of general playability.

It's not a sim. Not by any stretch of the imagination. It's a game, the good old pick up 'n' play type. I don't care for arsing about with setup or every little detail. I just want a game that I can play, which is fun and with good gameplay, which I've been missing for so long. And when I get my copy, I will give a review on it that takes these factors into account.

Just a little thought; game developers seem to be so immersed in realism that some franchises are losing their fun factor.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: September 22, 2010 09:05PM
Posted by: Monza972
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im reading, after the release date there will be
> no DVD copies in shops for the PC version, and it
> will ONLY be available via a download. This
> applies to UK only though.
>
> So if you live in the UK and have not yet
> pre-ordered. Either, pre-order from a shop now or
> pre-order from Steam whilst its cheap, because
> that will soon change if they are the only ones
> selling it as an online file ;-)

What?! I'm sorry Codies but that's stupid. Steam is a pile of dung and it takes just ages to download the bloody game. Leave it in DVD format too, I need it a DVD format then I can uninstall reinstall however the hell i like.
Date: September 22, 2010 09:48PM
Posted by: msater
Monza972 Wrote:
> chet Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Im reading, after the release date there will
> be
> > no DVD copies in shops for the PC version, and
> it
> > will ONLY be available via a download. This
> > applies to UK only though.
> >
> > So if you live in the UK and have not yet
> > pre-ordered. Either, pre-order from a shop now
> or
> > pre-order from Steam whilst its cheap, because
> > that will soon change if they are the only ones
> > selling it as an online file ;-)
>
> What?! I'm sorry Codies but that's stupid. Steam
> is a pile of dung and it takes just ages to
> download the bloody game. Leave it in DVD format
> too, I need it a DVD format then I can uninstall
> reinstall however the hell i like.

I don't agree with the 'Steam is dung' bit...but I agree with everything else. I'm getting it on PS3 anyway - I'll only get it on PC if the modding community mods it loads.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: September 22, 2010 09:52PM
Just got it for the PS3 and I like it! :D
So far haven't had the chance to put my wheel but ran no Aids on my controller, doable and not twitchy nor overly sensitive, just must be careful with throttle input and how hard you push the analog stick for corners :). It looks brilliant, no FPS slowdown (PS3), and I am very excited. I turned a lot of the on-screen display off, keeping just position and RPM. I did a brief session attempt at a wet Monaco with Bruno Senna without any displays on-screen, OHMYGOD! :D

It was funny at the store, I had Best Buy price match K-Mart and this other dude buying after me got the 25% discount and said "where did that come from?!" and proceeded to thank me, haha. It was also cool to find a F1 fan here in the US, the cashier asked "all this excitement for this, is this a cult game or something?" and then I proceeded to explain about F1 and its relationship with the US... :).
Date: September 22, 2010 09:54PM
Posted by: chet
Monza972 Wrote:
> chet Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Im reading, after the release date there will
> be
> > no DVD copies in shops for the PC version, and
> it
> > will ONLY be available via a download. This
> > applies to UK only though.
> >
> > So if you live in the UK and have not yet
> > pre-ordered. Either, pre-order from a shop now
> or
> > pre-order from Steam whilst its cheap, because
> > that will soon change if they are the only ones
> > selling it as an online file ;-)
>
> What?! I'm sorry Codies but that's stupid. Steam
> is a pile of dung and it takes just ages to
> download the bloody game. Leave it in DVD format
> too, I need it a DVD format then I can uninstall
> reinstall however the hell i like.

Well i like steam, but this is silly for a fan point of view.

As soon as friday comes, steam will raise the price, as they have every right too. My worry is can i download it now, keep it on my external HDD, then put it on my new laptop when it arrives?

Will I download an exe from steam?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 22, 2010 10:12PM
The audio for my name in the game is set to Colin ;)
Date: September 22, 2010 10:16PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
It's not a sim.

Nobody here is judging it as a sim. But when you accidentally model the MotoGP layout for Silverstone and users are beating the AIs hardest setting within an hour of getting it, something is a little fishy.

The game actually has lots of issues which have nothing to do with realism, which are actually just broken.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 22, 2010 10:25PM
Posted by: chet
Dave, if you want a giggle go read the thread on the codemasters forum about the Silverstone bug... I promise you wont leave without having a laugh :p

I hope there is a patch for it!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 22, 2010 10:42PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
I got mine today for the PS3 and am enjoying it so far, all I have done is a few laps in different cars around each of the circuits and I will be trying them in the wet after dinner later on, but so far I like it. Few things I notice are frme drops at certain points but oh well I like it

- Jeremy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2010 10:43PM by RenaultFan.
Date: September 22, 2010 10:53PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I'm at work at the moment Chet, I'll check it out when I get home. But I think I can guess how it'll go. :-p

I should say that the base game is good. Really really good in fact. But there are several issues that need addressed.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 22, 2010 10:56PM
Posted by: gav
It's basically a thread stating that someone running around the track, and the word of their PR man, a Mr. Anthony Davidson, is infinitely more accurate than mm-perfect laser scanning.

THEY CAN DO NO WRONG.
Date: September 22, 2010 11:09PM
Posted by: Nickv
This quote pretty much sums it up:

And memory is more accurate than computers, although as you haven't lapped Silverstone, you wouldn't understand that.

EDIT: Beaten to it by Gav, and by miles too ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2010 11:09PM by Nickv.
Date: September 22, 2010 11:18PM
Posted by: Monza972
Could someone link this? I can't find that thread on the forum.
Date: September 22, 2010 11:19PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> I'm at work at the moment Chet, I'll check it out
> when I get home. But I think I can guess how it'll
> go. :-p
>
> I should say that the base game is good. Really
> really good in fact. But there are several issues
> that need addressed.

Well Dave, you are one of those guys who can be very specific and can say to them you've worked in games. You surely will get stupid people bashing but certainly will catch someone's eye. Maybe sugar coating the entire post by mentioning how you like the base of the game can help. I trust you'll be good with pointing out laser scanning, and other references such as Anthony Davidson having no track time this year and barely any track time the past few years too.
Date: September 22, 2010 11:28PM
Posted by: mortal

Post 1000! W00t! ;)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy