Posted by Rodrigo007 
Re: Codemasters' F1 game discussion
Date: September 24, 2010 12:57PM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
y2cwr2005 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone else finding that the Ai is about as hard
> as you expect only at Barcelona? Or am I just crap
> at Barcelona, Sector 2 specifically as well.

What about melbourne, i am finding the AI reasonably difficult there. they are very slow in some corners but around the whole lap they seem to be pretty quick. Or maybe i just suck ;)
Date: September 24, 2010 01:24PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Bought the game today for pc and I'm so happy that it works on my laptop with great graphics!:D I was afraid it wouldn't work so well but turned out to work heh.made my first qualifying sessions at monza, AI was set to proffessiona...I was Hamilton, were 11th on Q1, 3rd in Q2 and finally 2nd on Q3 :)
Date: September 24, 2010 01:57PM
Posted by: alexf1man
Why only give us the option to download it if it's not already been pre-ordered? How stupid is that! :( :( :(

I would love to have the game on a CD rather than download it (as I have already seen people unable to get the game working after downloading).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2010 01:58PM by alexf1man.
Date: September 24, 2010 02:03PM
Posted by: elpasho2005f1
I really dunno why I preloaded it with steam, god, I wish I just ordered it off zavvi. no information whatsoever from steam or codemasters about the current situation of the game, terrible for steam and terrible for all codemasters doing this to the british f1 fans
Date: September 24, 2010 02:12PM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
MysticalCrayon Wrote:
> y2cwr2005 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Anyone else finding that the Ai is about as
> hard
> > as you expect only at Barcelona? Or am I just
> crap
> > at Barcelona, Sector 2 specifically as well.
>
>
> What about melbourne, i am finding the AI
> reasonably difficult there. they are very slow in
> some corners but around the whole lap they seem to
> be pretty quick. Or maybe i just suck ;)

At Melbourne I was managing to keep up with Force India in a Lotus and finished 11th, but at Barcelona i'm just about managing to keep up with 16/17th place.

Date: September 24, 2010 02:33PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
well the AI is very tough i am finding, two races in. started and finished 24th in bahrain but i hate bahrain. i am more competitive in melbourne but only just.

the AI is very erratic, they move around a lot in the corners and seem to have infinite control of the car.

dunno about anyone else but the pit limiter is a bid dubious. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and there is no visual indicator anywhere that it is on.

ill play some more now.
Date: September 24, 2010 02:48PM
Posted by: FRESCO
elpasho2005f1 Wrote:
> I really dunno why I preloaded it with steam, god,
> I wish I just ordered it off zavvi. no information
> whatsoever from steam or codemasters about the
> current situation of the game, terrible for steam
> and terrible for all codemasters doing this to the
> british f1 fans

I feel your pain mate in exactly the same boat. I hope in a couple of hours Valve will get into work, realise their error and unlock it for us. Or it'll be burning pitchfork time :p

Date: September 24, 2010 03:46PM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
y2cwr2005 Wrote:
> MysticalCrayon Wrote:
> -----
> > y2cwr2005 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Anyone else finding that the Ai is about as
> > hard
> > > as you expect only at Barcelona? Or am I just
> > crap
> > > at Barcelona, Sector 2 specifically as well.
> >
> >
> > What about melbourne, i am finding the AI
> > reasonably difficult there. they are very slow
> in
> > some corners but around the whole lap they seem
> to
> > be pretty quick. Or maybe i just suck ;)
>
>
> At Melbourne I was managing to keep up with Force
> India in a Lotus and finished 11th, but at
> Barcelona i'm just about managing to keep up with
> 16/17th place.

yeah, my pedals were glitching, i fixed them and i was able to beat the quite easily (in melbourne)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2010 03:47PM by MysticalCrayon.
Date: September 24, 2010 05:04PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
So far I am enjoying time trial more than racing. The AI is very frustrating, as already discussed. One particular annoyance is that they stay on the racing line at the end of a qualifying session at a slow pace, and generally ignore blue flags throughout qualifying.

My favourite tracks so far are Monaco and Hungary, as its great fun to thrash the car around these tracks.

btw, I'll set up my PSN account soon.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 24, 2010 05:30PM
The AI is completely @#$%&! Petrov won the first race, possibly due to the "pitstop" bug but I don't know because the replay system is atrocious.

I started 24th in Melbourne, ended up 21st after passing the two Virgins and Senna. I was at about lap 9 when I noticed that my tyres were going off so I decided to stop early.

I should mention that I wasn't holding the latter three up, I was consistently about 3 secs ahead and my laps were always within a second each lap. I pitted on lap 9, Glock chose to do the same thing.

I beat Glock out the pits and ended up 23rd. Stayed there for a while until the pack started lapping me. Suddenly Senna and Di Grassi had managed to catch everyone up and put a lap on me. When they finally made their stops they ended up about 50 secs up the road despite the fact that my lap times were never more than a second off theirs and often, I was quicker.

So I finished 23rd, ahead of Glock, behind Senna and Di Grassi who I had been faster than the whole race? Right...

Obvs without all the data that GP4 spoiled us with, this is something which is difficult to prove. But fix it Codemasters, please.

Other issues I have is that it's WAY too easy to drive in the wet, in absolute wettest conditions you can put the wets on but go out and absolutely cane it, there's no lack of grip whatsoever. The damage model is far too forgiving, although given the erratic AI which seems to crash into me at the slightest provocation this might be a blessing. Can you even lose a rear wing??

Ignoring these big issues the game is very enjoyable to play, without a doubt the best thing since GP4. It just needs tweaking A LOT in future releases to make it a bit more believable, because at the minute it's a bit unfinished.
Date: September 24, 2010 05:54PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
One other thing which is annoying is the penalty system. the slightest touch can get you a penalty, even if it is the AI's fault...

People are starting to get quite angry on the Codemasters forums, it will be interesting to see what Codies to in response (probably nothing)

EDIT: btw, my PSN ID is ed24f1

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2010 06:04PM by SchueyFan.
Date: September 24, 2010 06:20PM
Posted by: dio69
Wasn't there an option to save in mid-game? I think i read that somewhere, but, i might be wrong!
Date: September 24, 2010 06:32PM
Posted by: flat tyre
Haven't had time (or is it patience?? ;) ) to read this thread, but here are my thoughts...

The car handling is great, doesn't feel too twitchy or too floaty, it feels just like driving a go kart. Which is a good thing, because Martin Brundle said that a go kart is the most similar thing to an F1 car in terms of handling.

The presentation, menu system, music, graphics... they're all fantastic :) You almost feel like you're there. I have no gripes with that at all. It's just how I'd make a game if I was in charge.

But, the main problem is, and this is a BIG but to me, that I find the AI too easy. On hard mode, I managed to qualify 6th in an HRT in my first race at Bahrain, I was running 9th in the race (much lower top speed) but after a load of spins I finished last :P I got two punctures over the weekend, which was all good fun. I also found that the AI braked far too early for the corners, I was overtaking two at a time around the outside in some corners.

Talking about braking, I find that it the braking is a tad too easy, I haven't spun under braking at all yet. I'm not fussed about how hard it is to damage the cars, because if you drive properly, you won't ever notice that :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: September 24, 2010 06:32PM
yeah with regards to the penalty system the only one i feel was justified was when i rejoined the track in the path of another car, but then again that's because i couldnt fxxxxng see anything that was coming. obvs HRT have side pod mirrors and they don't fit on the screen at all ;)

so yeah. think i'll turn the flag rules off.

the engineer lasted all but 10 minutes before i banished him to the diary room.
Date: September 24, 2010 07:00PM
Posted by: ralv585
I'm starting to feel that this game is far more suited to online and time trials.

Online is so much fun, and doing comptetive time trials with others is going to be as good as online racing.

Playing single races is fun, but the ai are way too agressive, and twitch was too much when you get close, it spoils the realism.

I'm certainly will only being doing a handful of single races and concentrating on the online aspect and time trials, as the cars are rewarding to drive when you nail a lap.

Just gonna wait and see if a patch comes out to iron out the problems most of us have been faced with.

Date: September 24, 2010 07:03PM
Posted by: marcl
Been playing all afternoon. Once you turn off all the driver aids its actually not bad. I do like the fact that it rains then dries then rains again.
Date: September 24, 2010 07:14PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
i think i know the answer but to confirm:

Am I able to play XBOX 360 games on an original XBOX?

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: September 24, 2010 07:30PM
lol. no.
Date: September 24, 2010 07:32PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
ok thanks. anyone know where i can buy a ps3 slim without a hard drive in it in the uk as I have a 120gb hard drive already.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: September 24, 2010 07:41PM
Posted by: Slash
DaveEllis Wrote:
> you know, all of that wouldn't mean much if the
> amount of players would've been 24 for multiplayer
> races
>
> Yes it would mean much! XBL is the biggest pile of
> @#$%& ever. It's just full of idiots crashing into
> you for fun. I want a relaxing AI Racer, not to be
> driven into my some 13 year old $#@t. And to add
> insult to injury they want me to PAY for XBL too?
> Yeah, pass.
>
> I asked about the AI rubber banding on Twitter to
> the "chief designer". So we'll see what answer we
> get.

yes but Dave that also happens on Rfactor servers too... had they let the 24 slots for multiplayer we could be organizing leagues as many people do with rfactor...

i personally stopped playing public servers because of the reasons you mentioned and the people of the league i play did the same too...

with 12 slots you're just stuck to the horrible AI
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy