Codemasters' F1 game discussion

Posted by Rodrigo007 
Re: Codemasters' F1 game discussion
Date: September 27, 2010 09:25AM
Posted by: TTM
Very soon we can start to modify/update textures for F1 2010. . :) [www.moddingway.com] ..I really want replace few F1 2010 logos/adverts.... ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2010 09:30AM by TTM.
Date: September 27, 2010 10:17AM
Posted by: msater
TTM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very soon we can start to modify/update textures
> for F1 2010. . :)
> [www.moddingway.com] ..I
> really want replace few F1 2010 logos/adverts....
> ;-)

Once we can mod the shapes and tracks, and if the AI can be changed/modded/repaired (which is unlikely) we're really rolling!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: September 27, 2010 10:29AM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
So save game corruption hit me last night for the first time :-O

Does anybody know if there's an editor to fix this saved game type file for Dirt 2, coz apparently it's the same format?(I never had Dirt 2so I won't know)

Also, it was a save game directly after an R&D practice session - p3 at Valencia... According to T4RG4 it's the R&D that screws up the save games. Thus if I did qualifying after the p3 at Valencia and then saving, instead of exiting after p3, and saved after qualifying, would that have overwritten the corrupt save file with a new, correct file, or would the new R&D part of it still keep it corrupt no matter what?

For the most part it's awesome - just this problem and the pit bug and the punctures are annoying. The actual racing is awesome though...

Any help would be appreciated!
Date: September 27, 2010 10:30AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
just this problem and the pit bug and the punctures are annoying

And that the AI is completely fictional, made up, inconsistent and retarded? lol

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 27, 2010 01:40PM
Posted by: marcl
I really hope they sort the PS3 problems out soon :( Every single pit straight the game slows down and the replays are near enough pointless as the game just shudders.

What did they test the game on?

Xbox users are the only people able to play without problems and the PS3 is meant to be more powerful. Mind you people have said there is less detail on the Xbox version.
Date: September 27, 2010 01:57PM
Xbox users are the only people able to play without problems and the PS3 is meant to be more powerful. Mind you people have said there is less detail on the Xbox version.

There is less detail on the PS3 version. It may be more powerful on paper, but it's amazingly difficult to make games for compared to the Xbox. Blame Sony for poor choices on development for the Ps3 always getting the worse of the 2 versions.

Game runs and looks better on the PC than it does on both the PS3 and 360 anyway.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 27, 2010 02:05PM
Posted by: gav
marcl
Mind you people have said there is less detail on the Xbox version.

Compared to the PS3? Not even close. Either the textures on the PS3 are woefully lower quality or the PS3 graphics system is annihilating them and rendering them all blurry.

The 360 version (and especially the PC) are significantly crisper than the PS3. Whether are more or less structures on either I've no idea, but the textures are awful.
Date: September 27, 2010 02:49PM
Posted by: vesuvius
moddingway team has already released new mercedes car textures and garage textures, here is the topic : [www.racesimulations.com]

and here a direct link for updated mercedes textures: [downloads.moddingway.com]
Date: September 27, 2010 03:08PM
Well they need to sort something out on the PS3 asap as Monaco has the slow down in the worst 2 places, behind the pits and infront.

When I have seen screen shots of the xbox and PS3 versions there seemed to be more detail on the PS3 version and more objects in the distance. Maybe they tagged them wrong then.

Codemasters are coming under alot of stick due to the bugs on all platforms.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2010 03:25PM by marcl.
Date: September 27, 2010 03:31PM
DaveEllis
just this problem and the pit bug and the punctures are annoying

And that the AI is completely fictional, made up, inconsistent and retarded? lol

It hasn't been too bad for me, yes, not ideal, but still fun.

So Dave have you experienced the save game corruption bug(read in my post you quoted) yet? Any solutions?

Thanks
Date: September 27, 2010 03:32PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
There is gonna be a Patch from codemasters for the SAVE Error..

And i hope they are gonna fix all the other problems to. The low and shuttering FPS is a known problem . Hope they fix that as soon as possible..

Magic Senna
Date: September 27, 2010 03:33PM
So Dave have you experienced the save game corruption bug(read in my post you quoted) yet? Any solutions?

No but I don't know if it effects the 360 version as well. I haven't seen any solution yet.

It's a serious issue, but tbh the career mode is so unplayable that it doesn't matter if you have a saved game or not. If they actually fixed the AI then you'd have to restart anyway.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 27, 2010 03:37PM
I have not noticed this pit error, from the races I have done everyone seems to pit ok. I just pit 2 laps later so I dont get held in the pits dispite stopping 10 seconds before some cars, enter the pits in 1st leave 20th is just stupid.

What is also silly is you get a penalty for cutting a corner, but nothing for coming out the pit and crossing the white line, I know that would be hard to programe though. I still find it stupid that Moncao pit exit is totally wrong, they even got that right in older F1 games.
Date: September 27, 2010 03:58PM
[quote="DaveEllis">
No but I don't know if it effects the 360 version as well. I haven't seen any solution yet.

It's a serious issue, but tbh the career mode is so unplayable that it doesn't matter if you have a saved game or not. If they actually fixed the AI then you'd have to restart anyway.
[/quote]

It has been reported by 360 users aswell in the Codemasters forums.

Seems though only when you last exited the game after a saved R&D practice session does this happen. So apparently when you continue with quali and save afterwards this doesn't happen. Which could be true because Valencia was the first race I exited after practice, while being the 4th race of R&D tests.

So short-term solutions seems to be saving after quali or race rather than any practice.

Maybe you can do an R&D practice, save/autosave & exit, see if it corrupts your save? Seeing as you are not that into the game.
Date: September 27, 2010 04:22PM
Posted by: Rams
loque Wrote:
>and as for the Poundland
> Rob Smedley... ugh.
>

He sounds like Matt Baker, ex Blue Peter presenter lol ;)
Date: September 27, 2010 05:10PM
I'm t*****ing the game. I'm not buying a fundamentally broken game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2010 06:24PM by msater.
Date: September 27, 2010 05:28PM
Posted by: danm
we dont tolerate that here msater, mate, id re-edit your post pronto!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: September 27, 2010 06:23PM
I will edit it, but even so, it's still a fundamentally broken game. I don't see why I should pay for a game that is and probably will be for a while, broken.

If Codemasters manage to fix most of the problems (and that is unlikely) I'll buy it on PS3. But not until that happens.

EDIT: Previous post edited

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2010 06:24PM by msater.
Date: September 27, 2010 07:36PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Argh...punctures and tyre performance are really bugging me. I just can't compete with the AI at all when the weather is overcast. I lose way too much grip on corners, and at Malaysia it's basically impossible right now. Yesterday the best I could do was 22nd place, but the car was all over the place.

And punctures were a huge problem over at Sakhir...I was trying to do a 100% race first, but after 3 punctures I called it quits and retired. So now I am playing 20% races...don't take long to do, and you can have some fun at least. I doubt the game would appreciate my strategies anyway. Had a cracking race at Melbourne. For some reason I just couldn't qualify well there...always something stupid happened. So I ended up starting last with rain predicted for the race. Intermediates on, and set off...had a lot of fun picking the cars in the rain. Was running at 9th at one point with a Virgin, but I guess the rubber banding did come into play...when I pitted I came back in 20th. Still fought my way back to 15th, but then had a small run in the gravel near the end so Trulli passed me :(

Now am stuck at Malaysia. I guess I could start last for the race, but I really wanted to beat Di Grassi in qual again. Ah, well...will try again tonight.
Date: September 27, 2010 08:45PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
marcl Wrote:
> I really hope they sort the PS3 problems out soon
> :( Every single pit straight the game slows down
> and the replays are near enough pointless as the
> game just shudders.

I don't have these problems on PS3, so I don't know what is happening for you.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy