Re: Codemasters' F1 game discussion
Date: March 13, 2010 01:52AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yes hugely. Where did you read that?
Date: March 13, 2010 02:22AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Hahaha, ZaZ ;).

Rocker, MotoGP 09/10 looks good in action though. Very good, actually. As long as F1 2010 handles better than MotoGP 09/10, we're off to a good start :P.
Date: March 13, 2010 11:19AM
Oh. Were you taking the piss??
Date: March 14, 2010 04:23PM
IWE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And the downhill starts already?!
>
> Formula One 2010 title for the PC, Xbox 306 and
> Playstation 3 will not contain:
>
> - Laser Scanned Track Data
> - Safety Car
> - Formation Lap
> - A Feeder Series
> - Split Screen

Don't you think at this stage you're being a tad unfair?

Safety car - Grand Prix 1, 2, 3 + 4 managed just fine without one, I admit it would be nice but it's not a game-ruining problem by any stretch of the imagination.

Formation lap - who actually wants one? again, Grand Prix 4 never had one, and rFactor's is just a pain in the arse. Most people press space to skip.

A feeder series - sorry, I read it as "FORMULA ONE 2010", "FIA Motorsport career 2010". To even expect one is folly. It's things like this - concentrating on including too many features - which causes decent games to be ruined.

A split screen? Who actually wants to play split screen?? It's impossible to drive properly as everything is suddenly half size, and the FPS suffers from having to draw everything twice. This is Internet and Xbox Live era now, split screen is pretty much a defunct spectacle.

All we want is a decent, realistic semi-sim (we're not getting a sim) which has a good weather system (we're getting dry lines and conditions which are "undrivable" on the wrong tyres), a realistic physics and damage model (which they CLAIM they're giving us) and awesome graphics, which Codemasters are quite capable of giving us. The visuals on Dirt 2 were immense. OK, so it's not going to suit us as much as Geoff Crammond managed to do game after game, but in this day and age where money and revenue is everything and where we haven't had a decent F1 game for over a decade, you just have to take what you can get and work from there.

Word.
Date: March 14, 2010 08:49PM
Posted by: IWE
I only borrowed that text from another site and I don't care crap about feeder series or split screen, but CM already promised most ultimate simulator, with mot realistic laser scanned tracks and most realistic handling ever. Now they have already changed their mind about tracks, safetycar and handling. Safetycar and formation lap aren't most important things, but both would be nice to have and comments from CM about handling of DIRT2 doesn't promise anything good for Formula1 2010 if talking about this game as simulator.

At this stage with all news from CM and experience of 12 years with their racing games I think I'm not so wrong with saying this game will be really enjoyable console game to play while drinking on saturday evening like also DIRT2 is after getting used to its style, but don't forget this "simulator" is going to be a game where every over 5 years old is able to cruise from last place to victory without crying and throwing controller against walls because of game being too difficult for them.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: March 15, 2010 12:36AM
Possibly.

But all I'm saying is, you may be surprised. Let's wait and see and for now stop trashing it :)
Date: March 15, 2010 03:35AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I'd like horizontal split screen. My dad would enjoy playing it with me, whenever he'd show up for a visit.

If F1 2010 fails to deliver I'll have to settle for SBK X. Someone already cracked how to make good bike games, it can't be that hard to bring that over to F1.
Date: March 17, 2010 03:22PM
Posted by: ralv585
First vid of the game in action:

Looks promising, and they sound like they really care about giving us a realistic experience, we'll just have to wait and see.

In cockpit looks nice, but the hands move way too much for my liking, a little less hand and arm movement would be perfect

Date: March 17, 2010 03:54PM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
A couple images from IGN just for icing on that cake. Considering it's not coming out till september, it's looking very good so far.

Date: March 17, 2010 04:08PM
Posted by: SexySam182
That actually looks very promising. Quite looking forward to playing the game now.

Date: March 17, 2010 05:22PM
Posted by: msater
Sadly no mechanical failures :(

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: March 18, 2010 05:07AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
An early review of the game here

[www.f1fanatic.co.uk]

Some interesting quotes

"This is not a bleeding-edge hardcore simulation – it feels more like “Gran Turismo” or “Forza” than “Grand Prix Legends”. It’s easy to pick up but requires a bit of concentration to master."

"You can even criticise your team in press conferences which will do you no favours if you’re a struggling up-and-comer."

"Finish ahead [of your team-mate] often enough and you’ll have access to performance upgrades before he does – just like in real life."

"Up to 13 people will be able to play at once in online multiplayer. Curiously, the team said they had been advised by FOM to leave the slot for a 13th team free in case one appears later this season."

it does sound very good, I must admit - and I have been quite cynical about the game.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 18, 2010 07:56AM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
OK OK the graphics gets the thumbs up for me - at last, GP4 looks weak graphically.

But it will all still come down to gameplay for me. Especially handling, kerbs etc. Sadly, I have a feeling this game will not at all be playable with keyboard.

As one person said, there's too much arm/steering movement, if you compare it to real life. Also, it seems way too smooth. The real drivers make multiple corrections per second on the steering. Although maybe the guy who was driving it in the vid was Jenson 'Super Smooth' Button :P

Cautiously looking forward to this game.
Date: March 18, 2010 08:15AM
Just read somewhere that there will be no mechanical failures. What's that all about?

If that's true, I won't even bother to save up for it. That's like selling a car without an engine. No sense at all.
Date: March 18, 2010 08:34AM
+/-

"Even though engines won’t completely fail, abusing the powerplant will cause cylinders to drop, resulting in a loss of power. The title’s damage model is also mentioned, including aero and tire damages, suspension damage that will effect the car’s handling as well as damage when making contact with debris on track."

-

"Online play will be limited to 13 cars, a restriction made with the console versions in mind. Furthermore, Codemasters has confirmed that the title will only include the 2010 season due to license issues, the 2009 cars seen in the early preview material will not be used"

"Another thing that won’t be making it into the game is the official F1 timing overlays known from the TV broadcasts as Codemasters has their own HUD system in place."

[www.virtualr.net]

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2010 08:35AM by IWE.
Date: March 18, 2010 08:43AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
13?

c'mon.

Am glad they're not using these cars, specially that Force India they insist to show has shitty texture.

So all in all it looks promising for improvements.

But I like to go nitpicky and be surprised in the end.
Date: March 18, 2010 08:45AM
What's the reason for no complete failures, but half-failures, as posted by IWE?
Date: March 18, 2010 08:57AM
Grid and Dirt have these half-failures withh all these things already mentioned. Why to bother making something new? I guess its same about safetycar and HUD. Sure official explanation is to have enjoyale gaming experience. It is too frustrating for average console player to have engine failure few laps before winning the race. This have been excuse also for some other CM game in past I think..

Atm game is starting to look more and more like GRID in my opinion, but it is still only f1 game for xbox360 (and most propably better than the one released for PS3) so I'm gonna buy it.

Date: March 18, 2010 09:11AM
Grand Prix 1-4 all had mechanical failures able to be turned on or off. Simple, heh?

It's really an integral part of the game to me - OK maybe GPx's randomity of it was pissing me off, but random is better than none.
Date: March 18, 2010 09:17AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
What is funny since F1c has a somewhat safetycar.

Still, seems the title gonna be like FIFA, all these things, I hope, are adds for upcoming years I'd say, for now perhaps the concentration is to set up a base per se.

Of course GP was supposed to be.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy