Re: Interview with Codemasters' CEO @ F1.com
Date: June 01, 2008 05:10PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Déjà vu

H E L L O
Date: June 01, 2008 07:38PM
Posted by: bestobritish
Well after reading that interview im not loking forward to the F1 game any more. GRID is well over rated with poor handling and physics and the graphics seem too hazy to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 03, 2008 12:51AM
Posted by: marcl
Having got grid the full version I must say the damage model is not that good. Plus when there is a lot of detail the fps is affected and when in an f3 car its just bad it turns at right angles.

If they follow this for the f1 game alot of people are not going to like it.

On some tracks I went round corners in a bmw in top gear faster than I could in an F1 on GP4 and other f1 games, how is this good?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2008 12:55AM by marcl.
Date: June 03, 2008 05:50AM
Posted by: casabonka
Im not overly excited about this game anymore. I am used to being dissapointed by F1 games, other than GP4 and F1 CE (ps3).

Havnt been able to download a grid demo yet to see how bad it is, but I do hope Codemasters' goons are out there reading forums and actually doing what we want!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: June 03, 2008 04:10PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
casabonka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im not overly excited about this game anymore. I
> am used to being dissapointed by F1 games, other
> than GP4 and F1 CE (ps3).

Errrrr..... No matter how bad Race Driver Grid is, it'll never be as bad as F1 CE! Also I believe Codemasters F1 Game will have competition from EA, as they still have Hamilton signed up to produce an F1 Game, they'll just have fake names and car liveries in it.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2008 04:12PM by Ianwoollam.
Date: June 03, 2008 04:16PM
Posted by: gav
casabonka Wrote:
> Havnt been able to download a grid demo yet to see
> how bad it is, but I do hope Codemasters' goons
> are out there reading forums and actually doing
> what we want!

You won't get a sim, but they have to go one way or the other. Grid certainly isn't a sim, but it's not your modern arcade racer either - it's so flat that it won't be able to hold your attention for any length of time. They need to decide if they're going arcade or a Toca/GT sort of 'sim' and stick to it. Grid is just a mess, and more akin to Trackmania than anything else.
Date: June 04, 2008 12:12AM
Posted by: elemental
By going down the route of trying to mass-appeal, they'll alienate those who would definitely buy the game (the hardcore simracers) and won't really attract any more casual gamers (there're already games out with a much more appealing concept than Formula One). Not a good trade-off.
Date: June 04, 2008 12:40AM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
ah, but they'll market it like hell which will attract the casuals. Such whoring always works like this - eg halo and bioshock and if you want a driving example, something like nfs - and possibly the year upon year claims that "gt is realistic"

H E L L O
Date: June 04, 2008 08:15AM
Posted by: IWE
Ianwoollam Wrote:
> Errrrr..... No matter how bad Race Driver Grid is,
> it'll never be as bad as F1 CE! Also I believe
> Codemasters F1 Game will have competition from EA,
> as they still have Hamilton signed up to produce
> an F1 Game, they'll just have fake names and car
> liveries in it.

Yep! F1 CE is poor. Handling like that was "ok" [=pretty bad] in times of first parts of this game serie. In these days its basicly same as replacing vehicles of Wipeout with F1 cars.. Except that it might make playing atleast somehow funny.

Somehow I doubt that EA games have any plans to make F1 game, atleast without real teams & drivers. But maybe they can atleast sabotage game of Codemasters, with having rights for some pretty famous name.. Wouldnt be first time when there is people like "John Newhouse" or "Williams Driver" in F1 games. In these days this might have even effect to sales, because sometimes this single driver seems to be already about 33% of all drivers who young Playstation drvers know from F1.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: June 04, 2008 08:45AM
Yeah its funny how after everyone realised Villenueve sucked, he became Villenueve again, was that cos he was a di*k or was he owned? :P

I couldnt see an 'unofficial' F1 game doing well, even with Hamilton fanboys..

Im on holidays atm, and I am so fed up with F1 CE I've resorted back to fight night 3...

Date: June 04, 2008 11:09AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Well EA has done it in the past with Tiger Woods... Granted thats golf but they basically had Tiger Woods then all fake golfers. Problem is if no one makes anything to take on codies game, then its gonna be just like Sony's effot, make the worst peice of crap as cheaply as possible then ride the F1 name all the way to shittytown because there's no competition to actually challenge it.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: June 04, 2008 01:13PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
is that possible that they offer 2 kinds of physiscs? one for casuals and fun, other for hardcore simulation
Date: June 04, 2008 02:05PM
Rodrigo007 Wrote:
> is that possible that they offer 2 kinds of
> physiscs? one for casuals and fun, other for
> hardcore simulation

They have tried this with previous PSone and PS2 games, where you can select sim vs arcade, only prob is the AI is a bit harder in Sim, and it generally sucks... although in the year 2009, surely they can do something like this.

Date: June 04, 2008 02:11PM
Posted by: Craigo
Thing is if they stick a pic of lewis on the front loads of people will buy it. Theres loads of brits who wouldnt be that bothered bout a f1 game but everyone was on about it so the will be like "oh a game with hamilton in, i like racing games now"

Anyway I dont know if thats clear butin england ive noticed mymates who never liked or showed interst b4 now watching f1 beacsue hamilton. They have no idea about sims and people like this will buy it.

So again another reason why they can make the game @#$%&
Date: June 04, 2008 03:25PM
Posted by: marcl
I dont think Grid is that bad for what it is. It just does not run that well on a PS3 its very gittery.

The GP tracks I have so far driven on are not that great and as I said before I am able to go round turns flat out in a bmw or F Ford car that are 2nd gear in an f1 car lol.

I would probably get the cars to go round Monaco flat out they really have got the phsyics wrong.

There is no real challenge its easy to go from the back of teh grid to the front without pushing to hard, and thats in the hardest mode.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2008 05:13PM by marcl.
Date: June 06, 2008 09:56PM
Posted by: msater
champ Wrote:
> Anyone remember how horrible their Indycar series
> was?

yeah i remember that... i t was terrrrrrrible
Codemasters' F1 game discussion
Date: January 20, 2009 11:35PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
Well about the style of the game, quite old but this is from some dude of the staff who dropped in the forums:

"Right, I haven't read every post in this thread, but I get the jist and just to stop you all from panicking too much... GRID and DiRT are aimed at an arcade audience and they do that very well. F1 has different requirements and will get a completely different treatment from our in-house team, including full on sim options, physics, rules and regs etc. We will also have arcade requirements catered for as well. How this will be split we do not know yet, but split it will be."

[community.codemasters.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2009 11:58PM by Rodrigo007.
Re: Codemasters' F1 game discussion
Date: January 20, 2009 11:52PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I only believe them because of CMR 2.0
Date: January 21, 2009 09:21AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Do they think Race Driver 2 or 3 were aimed at the arcade audience too? Presumably not, seeing as they called them the 'Ultimate Racing Simulator'. Do they think CM4 and 3 were aimed at the arcade audience? Because I wouldn't exactly call any of those games simulations.

CM is now incapable of producing anything that is remotely realistic. Expect the first thing that they show off about the F1 game to be the damage model...

Date: February 15, 2009 11:45PM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
Yeah I don't have too much faith in this game unfortunately, I don't think it will be better than F1CE for the PS3. Codemasters are way too mainstream nowadays and they will want this game to sell in the U.S so expect a simulation mode that has all the rules and stuff but with poor physics and handling.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy