GTR

Posted by ralphi 
Re: GTR
Date: February 28, 2005 04:33PM
Posted by: anze89
anze on your case update do more recent drivers ... perhaps the problem is the game itself which isnt so compatible with ati

sorry, but didn't you say

sorry for late response andrew. I believe GTR has some problems with ATI recent drivers . I have huge problems too like the game freezing for 5 to 10 seconds after exiting the pits and normally after some laps it works ok
I suggest you to try older drivers , like 4.7. I didnt try it myself but there are some guys having those problems too

I really don't want to risk with new drivers. I had problems with newer drivers in windows, Mashed and RBR. I rather have old drivers and a little freezing GTR (it only freezes when exiting the pits)

Date: February 28, 2005 09:56PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Ahh, ok, now I get it :). Thanks Glyn and Dave !
Date: February 28, 2005 11:51PM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
yes yes anze I mean try some newer drivers like 4.7 , 3.10 is quite old now, more than one year now and not so compatible with newer games
Date: March 07, 2005 09:42PM
Posted by: andrew_S
thanks for the reply, only just got chance to try it with the .7 drivers, no luck :( same problem, theres just a constant read from the hdd, the screen before you click to go out flickers from noise to the car (if you know what i mean) is it supposed to do this, then when you go out it does the 1 FPS trick

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: March 13, 2005 03:00AM
Posted by: f14ever
i've had this since thursday, and its my first real sim since i've got my wheel and on pro its bloody hard :(

anyone else think monza looks a little odd?
Date: March 13, 2005 10:16AM
most people here don't have GTR yet, so most of us can't give opinion if monza is weird, but we can talk about Spa, AI, graphic, etc.

Date: March 13, 2005 11:05AM
Posted by: ralphi
yeha i thought of that too.. monza doesn't seem right in some way i dunno what it is :o other then that i love this bloody game and i think it's great :D

anyone else think that the murcielago has the best handling?! i think it's the easiest to drive :o

Date: March 13, 2005 11:08AM
i think monza is pretty much spot on

Date: March 13, 2005 11:14AM
could be i just think something is missing... and oo... now that i have the whole game and not the demo the lag in the begining is gone... it's smooth :D

Date: March 13, 2005 12:27PM
Posted by: matthewp
I think all the tracks are spot on really, they've done a superb job with the recreations I wish we had Spa in GTP and good as it is in GTR (redlines version is damn good but at several places feels very wrong)

Date: March 13, 2005 08:36PM
does anybody know what means that card with screen that's counting down time on official site [www.10tacle.com] ?

Date: March 13, 2005 08:48PM
Posted by: gav
I'll guess it's whatever it is that "would have any GPL fan excited" which they said in an early press release. It's expected to be a classic sportscar/GT game or addon from what I can tell.
Date: March 13, 2005 08:53PM
group 5 sportscars (mid 70s) 936s, bmw batmobiles, lancia's, ferrari daytona's and ford capris etc (a very educated guess!)

Date: March 13, 2005 08:57PM
Posted by: markko
An online GTR league (official) is launching, apparently v1.3 of GTR incorporated some features ready for it, they just arent enabled. That could be for that timer.
Date: March 13, 2005 08:57PM
hhmm.. cool i got that card with the game when i baught it.. i was hoping it was keys to a car in there but.. meh.. i supsoe this is good to.. in some way :P

Date: March 13, 2005 09:12PM
so if I understand right they are making a mod for gtr?

Date: March 13, 2005 09:26PM
yes anze..

Date: March 13, 2005 09:54PM
I don't understand them :s

they made a buggy game with some 'hard' bugs and now they are making a new mod and not the final patch that would remove all the bugs? weird

Date: March 13, 2005 09:58PM
Posted by: markko
Its going to be a whole new game.
Date: March 13, 2005 11:10PM
Posted by: gav
anze89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't understand them :s
>
> they made a buggy game with some 'hard' bugs and
> now they are making a new mod and not the final
> patch that would remove all the bugs? weird

They can't patch the main problem (the 'floating' physics) because they've maxxed out the physics engine. For the rumoured GTR2, they'll be using the new physics engine from ISI, which is what rFactor uses. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy