Vader Trophy is Recruiting!

Posted by Glyn 
Re: Vader Trophy is Recruiting!
Date: July 17, 2007 09:21PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Yeah I think we've all heard the Gui VT stories. ;-)
Date: July 18, 2007 01:57PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Right, I must apologise in advance to Glyn, because after all the two-ing and fro-ing with dates and times, I can't make evening slots for the "trial" race due to no regular internet in the evenings. I'll wait till I get to uni before re-applying though.

As for my GPL skills, my setup skills are absolutely none bar the gears, and my driving's much the same. The driving's getting better though.... I can at least make it through the first lap at Kyalami on Novice mode without crashing into somebody! ;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: July 18, 2007 02:54PM
Posted by: gav
Ignore the problem with the setups. I've got a folder of setups which on the last count had 11,000 I think it was... I'll happily zip it up and post it sometime. :)
Date: July 18, 2007 02:57PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Oh that would be great! The PC here in the basement has none of it
Date: July 19, 2007 10:30AM
Posted by: richardd
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ask Glyn, he'll tell you how big of a mad
> enthusiast I was ;)

I don't know about mad enthusiast.... something more like talentless liability would be closer to the truth ;)
Date: July 19, 2007 01:14PM
Posted by: Glyn
gav Wrote:
> Ignore the problem with the setups. I've got a
> folder of setups which on the last count had
> 11,000 I think it was... I'll happily zip it up
> and post it sometime. :)

I've got a zip you posted a while ago with loads of setups in. Just be warned, it takes a long time in GPL to scroll through your setups :P

Date: July 19, 2007 06:00PM
Double post, delete please.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2007 06:01PM by turkey_machine.
Date: July 19, 2007 06:00PM
gav Wrote:
> Ignore the problem with the setups. I've got a
> folder of setups which on the last count had
> 11,000 I think it was... I'll happily zip it up
> and post it sometime. :)

Sorry... did I read that right.... 11,000?! Bloody hell, that's one mighty collection. Would be helpful if you could zip and post please, yes. :)

Do most people find it preferable to drive without throttle help or with? I can't get the hang of having it off, but having it on means it's too slow, and I have to wait for the car to accelerate. :(

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: July 19, 2007 07:16PM
Posted by: Muks_C
turkey_machine Wrote:
I can't get the hang of having it off

sorry, i couldn't resist ;)

what does your wife/girlfriend think of this problem? you should get more practice :)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 19, 2007 08:26PM
turkey_machine Wrote:
> Do most people find it preferable to drive without
> throttle help or with? I can't get the hang of
> having it off, but having it on means it's too
> slow, and I have to wait for the car to
> accelerate. :(

Bloody hell, take it off! You'll get absolutely no-where with any of the aids turned on!

here's my setups folder as things are. Up to 12,000 now apparently. Unzip it to C:\Games\Sierra\GPL\players\Wilson__Gavin\setups, changing as applicable. :)
Date: July 19, 2007 11:38PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Gavalicious ;), thanks from me as well! Jethro, the only aid you can use when starting is auto gears but get rid of it as soon as you can :p.

And Richard, very funny but very mean, you douche ;)
Date: July 20, 2007 09:59AM
Posted by: Nickv
No, not auto gears either, it only makes you slower.
Date: July 20, 2007 10:28AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Guimengo Wrote:
> And Richard, very funny but very mean, you douche
> ;)

usual case of truth hurts :P

and NO Driver aids!

Date: July 20, 2007 11:12AM
If you're gonna start driving GPL, you've got to do it properly from the very start, namely no aids, and just accept that to begin with you're gonna struggle.

What chassis are you trying to use to start with? Probably the best car to get your teeth into to begin with is the Cooper or the Ferrari. Forget the Lotus, for a long long time. Yes, it's the fastest car, but only when you have the experience and skill levels to handle it.
Date: July 20, 2007 01:41PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Date: July 20, 2007 02:15PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
The lotus has always been the fastest for me :$ It's the main one I started with too - cos I liked it's prettyness and also was told it was "fastest but hardest" so I thought hmm try and get good in that and then everything will be ok. The only problem is it means I'm not really practised in the other cars - sure, I can drive them, but I am quite a bit slower if I remember. Could be due to setup though, I have no idea hah.

Definately don't play with the aids on. You're missing the fun (and point) of the game that way :)

Oh yer, my motherboard got sent back yesterday! yey. Now to hope that it actually works :-/

H E L L O
Date: July 20, 2007 03:56PM
MarcLister Wrote:
> [www.custompc.co.uk]
> r-05---grand-prix-legends/

See that Rich? "Zipping around an oval track might be all right for some numpties" ;)
Date: July 20, 2007 08:17PM
gav Wrote:
> MarcLister Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> [www.custompc.co.uk]
>
> > r-05---grand-prix-legends/
>
> See that Rich? "Zipping around an oval track might
> be all right for some numpties" ;)

I didn't... but i'd like to see them in the middle of a pack of 43 cars going 4 wide through the tri-oval at daytona. :D
Date: July 20, 2007 08:35PM
Posted by: Red Sam
I remember I was getting nearly good enough for VT before my computer went to pieces :(

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: July 20, 2007 09:04PM
You don't have to be 'good' for VT. Just don't crash into people if they come to lap you. It's an extremely variable league in terms of pace - almost from alien speed to, well, ET speed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy